Suspicious packages all over the place

SmokeyTheBear

Just now, Captainant said:

bullshit. I bet that fucker will shoot if you feed it some surplus 54r

That's what everybody says. They don't want to buy it from me for even a token price, but they get offended that I don't shoot it.

I don't really think it will blow my face off. I do have a buddy who's missing part of his thumb thanks to a defective Lee-Enfield. But my Mosin-Nagant probably won't blow up.

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trying to imagine the reaction if the packages were sent to McConnell, Paul Ryan, Trump, Graham, Fox News, and Susan Collins...

I’m sure it would be equally inappropriate to suspect crazy left wing nut jobs. 

Well, you certainly espoused your deep concern for ricin being sent to Gen. Mattis and the White House within the last two weeks.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

CNN posted a pic of theirs.  It was in a yellow envelope with a lot of stamps on it.

DqShbA9WoAACVHF.jpg:large

Been busy today and just seeing this. That thing looks tiny. What is it like 6 inches long? Is that a credit card scanner on top? That screams "I'm a bomb" without being a bomb.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NaTeWHO said:

Been busy today and just seeing this. That thing looks tiny. What is it like 6 inches long? Is that a credit card scanner on top? That screams "I'm a bomb" without being a bomb.

I'd guess the black plastic on top is the battery for triggering and ignition. Also, judging off the size of the stamps (roughly ~.9 in wide), the bomb is about 9 stamps long, so it's likely about 8" long by 1.5" diameter. Definitely enough volume in there for a serious detonation.

EDIT: goddamnit drt stealing my thunder

Edited by Captainant

21 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Assuming true, probably left wing nut jobs.

Well, you're awful quick to assume one thing is true and the other is not.  Always have been.  

I'm more inclined to believe that paid Russian and Chinese intel shitheads are behind it all, but Occam's Razor would say otherwise.  

4 minutes ago, drt said:

KISS?

what I'm wondering is what the ends are.  They have the profile of normal galvanized pipe caps, but the part you can see looks multicolored or something.

Looks like gravel or crushed concrete.  Shrapnel that won't set off metal detectors I'm guessing.

Edited by kevwun

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Again, NYC Police Commissioner has already described the CNN bomb a "live explosive device". Perhaps he is wrong, or it's been reported wrong, but that's the most credible info so far.

It would be good to know what is actually inside the pipe and if these are truly able to explode.

Bryan Paamann, an FBI special agent in charge of the counterterrorism division in New York, said the devices appeared to be pipe bombs. A law enforcement official told CNN that the initial examination of all of the devices shows them to be constructed similarly. At least one of the devices appeared to contain projectiles, including shards of glass. The devices are rudimentary but functional.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/10/24/politics/bill-clinton-hillary-clinton-chappaqua/index.html

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Bryan Paamann, an FBI special agent in charge of the counterterrorism division in New York, said the devices appeared to be pipe bombs. A law enforcement official told CNN that the initial examination of all of the devices shows them to be constructed similarly. At least one of the devices appeared to contain projectiles, including shards of glass. The devices are rudimentary but functional.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/10/24/politics/bill-clinton-hillary-clinton-chappaqua/index.html

So, all made by the same person/group, got there within the same few hours, across the country.

Looks (purposly?) like crude work, but sophisticated delivery (none were actually mailed?), also, planning for the timing to actually hurt/kill an intended target makes no sense. 

Actual effectiveness : 0% (so far, thank God)

Optics: seems to be catching more peoples attention

I'm starting to lean toward a 3rd party trying to fire up the left/right to stay divided and at each others throats.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Zavala said:

So, all made by the same person/group, got there within the same few hours, across the country.

Looks (purposly?) like crude work, but sophisticated delivery (none were actually mailed?), also, planning for the timing to actually hurt/kill an intended target makes no sense. 

Actual effectiveness : 0% (so far, thank God)

Optics: seems to be catching more peoples attention

I'm starting to lean toward a 3rd party trying to fire up the left/right to stay divided and at each others throats.

The Soros bomb (detonated by FBI near Soros' home) was delivered yesterday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/billionaire-philanthropist-george-soros-home-explosive-device-found/story%3fid=58683450

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand

1 hour ago, Monster said:

So do the conspiracy theorists in his thread also believe 9-11 was an inside job?  What about the moon landing?  What are in those chem trails?

Trying to evaluate what level of conspiracy theorists we've got going here before I engage.  Because I've got some ideas on who killed Kennedy...

mailed pipe bombs don't melt steel beams!

• Haha 1

I am not someone who entertains conspiracy theories...I think Oswald shot JFK, I think we landed on the moon, I think 9/11 was the result of terrorists crashing planes into buildings, and I don't believe in UFO's (well, I don't believe in aliens from outer space visiting Earth).

But the fact that this Op-Ed was published in the NYT on the same day, just a couple of hours after the reports of the Clinton and Obama bombs, does make me scratch my head:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/24/opinion/george-soros-mailbox-bomb.html

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Uncle Nate said:

I am not someone who entertains conspiracy theories...I think Oswald shot JFK, I think we landed on the moon, I think 9/11 was the result of terrorists crashing planes into buildings, and I don't believe in UFO's (well, I don't believe in aliens from outer space visiting Earth).

But the fact that this Op-Ed was published in the NYT on the same day, just a couple of hours after the reports of the Clinton and Obama bombs, does make me scratch my head:

Yep, nothing rash about that...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

I think he's gotten a little carried away with his daddies power/money.

13 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

I stand corrected. The Soros bomb was delivered Monday.

8 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I stand corrected. The Soros bomb was delivered Monday.

huh.

You would think the post office would then be on high alert for these other similar packages.

Also, are we ignoring that the package pictured in the CNN office was not marked by the post? How was it sent though the mail but never marked?

5 minutes ago, Zavala said:

huh.

You would think the post office would then be on high alert for these other similar packages.

Also, are we ignoring that the package pictured in the CNN office was not marked by the post? How was it sent though the mail but never marked?

FBI. Somebody bought some flawed "bomb" plans from an informant. FBI tracked all of this to bring all the players into the open. Arrests are imminent.

Beats me.

5 minutes ago, Zavala said:

huh.

Let me paste the headline from the link I posted.

Would-be attacker hand-delivered pipe bomb to George Soros' mailbox: Source

4 minutes ago, Zavala said:

ok so that one was hand-delivered, and the other ones were mailed?

I can't believe the post office was able to deliver all of them to different locations on the same day. They are not capable of that kind of efficiency.