Mail bombs CR thread

Zavala

1 minute ago, AtticusFinch said:

There is a lot of misguided hate in this country.  You prob were not as outraged when Trump Jr.'s wife opened a package of white powder and had to be rushed to hospital or the Republicans were gunned down on the baseball field.  Nobody is dialing down the insane rhetoric.  Its only going to get worse.  

The problem is the President is a key rhetoric generator.  The President needs to maintain a certain decorum.  Trump doesn't.  A President can absolutely create policy that many don't like.  I'm sure you hated a lot of what Obama did, and I hated a lot of what W did.  What neither one of them did is go on stage or twitter and intentionally enrage people.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, horncyclist said:
5 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:
There is a lot of misguided hate in this country.  You prob were not as outraged when Trump Jr.'s wife opened a package of white powder and had to be rushed to hospital or the Republicans were gunned down on the baseball field.  Nobody is dialing down the insane rhetoric.  Its only going to get worse.  

That softball field was in my fucking backyard and every single person around here, most liberal democrats were outraged. Trump is guiltier than anyone for fomenting violence and he does so from the most prominent position in the world. There's a reason blame should be placed squarely on him. This was inevitable.

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

The problem is the President is a key rhetoric generator.  The President needs to maintain a certain decorum.  Trump doesn't.  A President can absolutely create policy that many don't like.  I'm sure you hated a lot of what Obama did, and I hated a lot of what W did.  What neither one of them did is go on stage or twitter and intentionally enrage people.

These.  The Trumpkins don't get it, and never will.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dirk X West said:

Trump, the president, has openly called for violence against his political opponents and the media in general on many occasions, including recently.  I really can't think many of any parallel examples coming from similarly high profile Democratic politicians, in terms of frequency or explicitness.  I agree there is rancor and paranoia all around, but this is not a "both sides" situation here.

Maxine Waters?  The resistance?  Calls to confront anyone on the right in public, antifa protesting conservative speakers on college campuses, etc, etc.

Just now, AtticusFinch said:

Maxine Waters?  The resistance?  Calls to confront anyone on the right in public, antifa protesting conservative speakers on college campuses, etc, etc.

Are Antifa Democratic politicians?  And exactly how many times has Maxine Waters made inflammatory statements like Trump has?

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I think people are enraged at silly things.  Unstable people get enraged

If someone can refresh my memory...

Link me to a statement made by a Democrat leader after the softball shooting that downplayed it’s severity. Like calling it “that shooting stuff”.

Oh? That didn’t happen?

Then shut the fuck up and quit drawing a false equivalency between Trump’s horrific hate speech and Democrat’s existence.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

They need to be confronted with this constantly right now. I couldn't believe the amount of bitching, hypocrisy, and cognitive dissonance I saw the past few days that this was a leftists, was a setup by the left to make them sympahetic, or the result of CNN. This shit is staring at you in the face Trump and GOP supporters, your state run news channel and authoritarian dear leader is completely responsible for this, don't even try to claim this is a mental illness issue.

The truth won't change their minds. 

Just now, AtticusFinch said:

And a movement that is AIMED at unstable people amps up that risk even more.  That's why it's crazy irresponsible not just to build a movement out of those people, but to relentlessly toss lit matches into the crowd.

1 minute ago, AtticusFinch said:

Trump operates like ISIS.  Throw rhetoric out constantly, and hope some nutjob like this guy picks it up.  The only difference between Trump and ISIS is the aftermath.  Trump will try to distance himself from this "lone wolf" while ISIS will take credit for the "lone wolf" it inspires to act.  But both of them will go right back to the well and keep intentionally spewing rhetoric designed to agitate nut jobs into becoming lone wolves.

The real problem for Trump is that he is too stupid to realize that he's doing this.  While his rhetoric is intentionally designed to agitate, its all shit he got from Russia and others who have disruption as their primary goal.  

2 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

Are Antifa Democratic politicians?  And exactly how many times has Maxine Waters made inflammatory statements like Trump has?

Pretty much every time she talks about Trump.  Which is every time she opens her mouth.  It doesn't matter.   People are like children getting upset every time someone opens their mouth

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

Trump operates like ISIS.  Throw rhetoric out constantly, and hope some nutjob like this guy picks it up.  The only difference between Trump and ISIS is the aftermath.  Trump will try to distance himself from this "lone wolf" while ISIS will take credit for the "lone wolf" it inspires to act.  But both of them will go right back to the well and keep intentionally spewing rhetoric designed to agitate nut jobs into becoming lone wolves.

The real problem for Trump is that he is too stupid to realize that he's doing this.  While his rhetoric is intentionally designed to agitate, its all shit he got from Russia and others who have disruption as their primary goal.  

Stop comparing Trump to ISIS.  Jesus...

2 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

Pretty much every time she talks about Trump.  Which is every time she opens her mouth.  It doesn't matter.   People are like children getting upset every time someone opens their mouth

Then should be easy to link comparable statements where Waters calls for violence and paints her critics as enemies of America. 

Yeah, no shit, Sherlock.  That is why leaders need to have cooler heads.  Its why after a smooth referee buttfucking, Mack Brown never called for violence against a ref at a postgame press conference.  Its because out of a few million UT fans, someone would probably fucking do it.

4 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

Please cite some examples.  There was one time recently where she called on her supporters to harass MAGA people, not shoot, kill, punch or body slam them.  Can you give me a second one?

Stop comparing Trump to ISIS.  Jesus...

They both use rhetoric the same way.  You're getting bent because you like Trump's rhetoric and hate ISIS', but the content isn't even relevant.  Its the incitement to act that is nearly identical between the two.

And don't call me Jesus.

Just now, tjhooker said:

He appears to be an imbecile.  Much like the ricin attacks.  Dude had no clue what he was doing but wanted to harm people but too unstable and stupid to figure out how to do it.

Unfortunately, it also appears he is much more intelligent than yourself. So, sucks for you I guess. 

7 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

4 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Then should be easy to link comparable statements where Waters calls for violence and paints her critics as enemies of America. 

Yep.  I'll wait for those.

The MAGA crowd takes any opposition or criticism of the president to be the equivalent as calls for ACTUAL violence...issued BY THE PRESIDENT.  See, the problem is, the MAGA crowd ain't very smart.

Just now, FondrenRoad said:

Yeah, no shit, Sherlock.  That is why leaders need to have cooler heads.  Its why after a smooth referee buttfucking, Mack Brown never called for violence against a ref at a postgame press conference.  Its because out of a few million UT fans, someone would probably fucking do it.

This is stupid.  Do you realize how much disgusting and negative shit is out there on twitter, facebook, etc.  People with millions of followers call for killing the president and attacking people in his administration.   You cant curb speech because someone crazy might act on it.