Mail bombs CR thread

Zavala

I hardly ever respond on this board, but I can’t let this go.  This situation is too tragic, too much of an example of where the current political mindless rhetoric has taken us to pop off with a stupid nonsensical joke.  Fuck you!

You have to understand tj just ventured into CR yesterday and couldn’t believe that trumpkins weren’t equally represented, so he’s taken it upon himself to personally personify all of their deplorable traits. He’s nailed it so far, imo.

46 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

I dont eat soy, been in my fair share of fights when I was younger and dont call people Nazis all the time so I am pretty sure I dont fit the definition.  Does this hit close to home for you?

Guys, we're being too mean to tjhooker. It's not this good big tough boy's fault that he's a dipshit, he just got all the intelligence knocked straight out of him when he was younger.

2 minutes ago, zork said:

Great job by law enforcement to get him so quick.

If it is like the other terrorism situations the FBI/LE will attempt quickly to see if he had help.  Need to be sure he wasn't in an active group creating all those devices, his family will be checked for certain.    If he had the money to buy the van he wasn't destitute.  Fortunate that none went off.  Dude threw away his remaining life.

He seems like a lone wolf.  His mom seems to have legitimate bank as well, and is now on her luxury condo board.  That's probably where he got his money.  That dude certainly wasn't feeding himself.  At least not lately.

4 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Unfortunately the soy has shrunk the part of your brain able to deal with someone coming in here and not agreeing with the group think.  It must be frightening for you.

I'm not into doxxing people on surly, but I think I've located some footage of TJ in real life (he's the one in the trench coat):

Edited by Dirk X West

22 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Oh yeah, I think all the time according to many here.

I mean, he only constantly calls the press the "enemy of the people" and "liars" and "against those who want to make America great."  I guess he hasn't explicitly called for the assassination of reporters, he's only defended other despots who have assasinated members of the press. What's the big deal, amirite?

You should be embarrassed by your attempts at deflection in the previous 5 pages of this thread.  

• Like 2

Trump literally praised a congressman *for* assaulting a reporter. Name 1 other politician who has praised violence against the media or another politician. I’ll wait. 
The caning of Charles Sumner got a lot of high profile praise. Unfortunately, the Civil War started a few years later. That's probably a sign of where we're at.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caning_of_Charles_Sumner

2 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Curious why you think this? Crazy people all over the world. The fact that they arrested him within a couple days shows how effective and efficient our law enforcement is.

Can you think of one that acted on the crazed rhetoric of a sitting President/Prime Minister and attempted to attack opponents of that President?  In an advanced industrialized country at least.

But really, the world has been laughing at us since Trump won the election.  This is just another log on the fire.

Unfortunately the soy has shrunk the part of your brain able to deal with someone coming in here and not agreeing with the group think.  It must be frightening for you.

People who believe in chemtrails “don’t agree with groupthink.”

That doesn’t make them smart.

Sometimes you’re alone on an island because you’re stupid.

5 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Can you think of one that acted on the crazed rhetoric of a sitting President/Prime Minister and attempted to attack opponents of that President?  In an advanced industrialized country at least.

But really, the world has been laughing at us since Trump won the election.  This is just another log on the fire.

This I agree with. Otherwise I do not presume to know all the instances of assassination attempts in various countries. Americans are pretty insulated when it comes to news so I would assume (maybe wrongly) that other countries have these issues but do not have the loudspeaker we have for that news to get to us. I feel like with how free our society is, the fact that we haven't had more of these types of things shows the relative good health of our society. It certainly feels that it is trending in the wrong direction lately however.  

Edited by SmokeyTheBear

This is a perfect example of how active measures works and the real world consequences of Trump/GOP using the tactics for political gain.

He spouts hate rhetoric and propaganda against his political enemies and one of his mentally unstable followers takes it to the logical next level. 

I’ve been saying shit like this was bound to happen for the past year and it’s probably going to happen again sadly. 

Previous presidents didn’t even refer to their opposition parties by name.  They would just say, “Those guys across the aisle”.

In typical active measures plausible deniability, Trump bears no responsibility because he didn’t mail the bombs. 

But he did inspire this guy to violence. 

This is exactly how ISIS and other extremist organizations operate. 

Own this Trumpkins/GOP.  If you want to be part of the solution instead of the problem, clean your own house, starting at the top with DJT. 

• Like 2

Just now, RDCanecutter said:

The next time you walk into a room full of people bent over their phones like roaches eating crumbs, what is happening is that half of them are calling the other half "soy boy". And they're all enraged.

Donald Trump has turned the right wing in America into cucks. They are permanent victims.

Just now, tjhooker said:

I'll help with the definition again.

Slang used to describe males who completely and utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities. This pathetic state is usually achieved by an over-indulgence of emasculating products and/or ideologies.

The origin of the term derives from the negative effects soy consumption has been proven to have on the male physique and libido.

The average soy boy is a feminist, nonathletic, has never been in a fight, will probably marry the first girl that has sex with him, and likely reduces all his arguments to labeling the opposition as "Nazis".

See also: cuck, beta/omega male, orbiter, kissless virgin, male feminist

I see. I'm not up on my interwebs fight slang.

So do you shave with a disposable razor and generally wear t shirts?

1 minute ago, tjhooker said:

Slang used to describe males who completely and utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities. This pathetic state is usually achieved by an over-indulgence of emasculating products and/or ideologies.

The origin of the term derives from the negative effects soy consumption has been proven to have on the male physique and libido.

The average soy boy is a feminist, nonathletic, has never been in a fight, will probably marry the first girl that has sex with him, and likely reduces all his arguments to labeling the opposition as "Nazis".

So In other words a soy boy is a trump supporter like yourself. Good to know. 

1 minute ago, tjhooker said:

It appears soy boy is a perfect label for Trumpkins.

14 minutes ago, G650 said:

So what exactly is a soy boy?

It is not proven but:

Soy and phytoestrogens: possible side effects
Sergei V. Jargin*,1
Author information Article notes Copyright and License information Disclaimer
This article has been cited by other articles in PMC.
Go to:
Abstract
Phytoestrogens are present in certain edible plants being most abundant in soy; they are structurally and functionally analogous to the estrogens. Phytoestrogens have been applied for compensation of hormone deficiency in the menopause. At the same time, soy products are used in infant food and other foodstuffs. Furthermore, soy is applied as animal fodder, so that residual phytoestrogens and their active metabolites such as equol can remain in meat and influence the hormonal balance of the consumers. There have been only singular reports on modified gender-related behavior or feminization in humans in consequence of soy consumption. In animals, the intake of phytoestrogens was reported to impact fertility, sexual development and behavior. Feminizing effects in humans can be subtle and identifiable only statistically in large populations.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4270274/

Edited by zork

nothing, it just sounds fun in his simple mind

This.

It’s actually funny to watch the self-ownage of using an unoriginal and widely inapplicable pejorative that almost certainly falls into the “every accusation is a confession” column.

When you think you’re impressing people with your “manliness,” but you’re really just making them all laugh at you...well, it’s kinda perfect in this day and age.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

This I agree with. Otherwise I do not presume to know all the instances of assassination attempts in various countries. Americans are pretty insulated when it comes to news so I would assume (maybe wrongly) that other countries have these issues but do not have the loudspeaker we have for that news to get to us. I feel like with how free our society is, the fact that we haven't had more of these types of things shows the relative good health of our society. It certainly feels that it is trending in the wrong direction lately however.  

I can't think of an instance of anything like this happening in Western Europe or Japan.  All of which have our same access to news and social media.  However, in anecdotal observation, most of continental Europe and Japan are exposed primarily to real news that are NPR or PBS equivalent.  The UK has BBC News which is great, but the UK and US get heavier doses of infotainment as well.  Maybe its an English thing because both the UK and US are also heavily into Maury and Springer type shows.  I've watched plenty of French TV, and I don't recall anything but dry news and talk shows.

Gotta catch up on the 10 pages since I tuned in yesterday, but I am going to take a shot in the dark and predict that even though they arrested the guy and he’s a registered republican, the goalposts have been moved to require additional criteria for Trump to bear any responsibility for the context of anger and hatred that made it possible.

• Like 4