Kirk Herbstreit is a clown make-up douchebag

ztejas

"I'm a big A&M guy. I don't know, what in the world how Mississippi State (is favored) other than they are at home. I have no idea," Herbstreit said. "That's another offense that is one dimensional, they can't throw the ball. A&M plays big-boy defense, they will take away your strength and make you go to your pass game. Kellen Mond and the receivers and Trayveon Williams, there is a lot to like about A&M. A&M may not lose another game the rest of the year. They are an underdog this week in Starkville. I like the money line there, isn't that what it's called? The money line for A&M to win outright."

"oooooh I don't know what a money line is. Is that what it's called? I've never gambled and go to church every Sunday."

• Like 3

Since his '05 Heisman push where he declared Bush the winner because of a late season juke on some poor Fresno State DB he has shown his true colors. At least history has exposed him as a fraud. He's tried his best to help tosu recruit TX players. 

Fuck Herbs and tosu.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

If you watch things featuring sports talking heads other than actual sports games, that shit is entirely on you

I don't. Bored at work and visited TexAgs. You can figure out the math on the rest. 

• Like 2

Man, that great defense really "forced" Alabama to throw the ball. I can't believe that great A&M defense forced Alabama to throw for 415 yards on them. How ever did they do it...

Our defense is giving up less yards per play than their defense. These idiots not only don't watch the games they don't even look at stats.

25 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Since his '05 Heisman push where he declared Bush the winner because of a late season juke on some poor Fresno State DB he has shown his true colors. At least history has exposed him as a fraud. He's tried his best to help tosu recruit TX players. 

Fuck Herbs and tosu.

He picked aggy to win the south in 2005. Guy is a fucking moron. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:

At this point he's just trolling longhorns who give him shit for his awful takes, nothing to see here.

Might be right..... plus anything helping A&M recruiting hurts Texas.  Herbie probably quietly blames the Herman family for the entire ohio state cesspool created by the Zach Smith scandal.

Don't ever be fooled..... Herbie is a Texas Hater...... loves his Suckeyes....

No Doubt About It. 🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

51 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

He called us a cesspool for no justifiable reason at all. I have no reason to listen to his garbage after that. 

Hey....he's changed since then. He wanted to hear all the facts and not rush to judgement when the whole thing went down at OSU earlier this season. Seems like he's learning to not rush to judgement so fast when he doesn't know what's really going on. 

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Serious question: Are any of those talking head morons actually not morons? Because I can't think of a single one that isn't.

The ones who actually break down games and talk about strategy and so forth. There used to be wonky guys like that around but I cannot think of any at the moment, at least not national ones. The ones that just give hot takes are always going to appear to be morons, because if their take is reasonable and well thought out then it is not going to be a hot take. Just a normal boring sort of take. So they have to say moronic things.

11 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

So when I said you have only yourself to blame for exposing yourself to stupid shit, your defense was that you were reading TexAgs?

Actually you said: "If you watch things featuring sports talking heads other than actual sports games, that shit is entirely on you" 

TexAgs is moronic pulp that is often entertaining. I'd much rather take a trip down delusional aggy lane for a few minutes than sit and watch First Take for an hour. 

Good lord.  Just from the title I knew he threw A&M a compliment.  Listen, fuck most ag's in large groups (individually, they are good people).  But this year their defense is playing better than most anyone expected, albeit almost entirely against the run.  They have benefited tremendously from not having to face teams that have a strong passing attack.....but against the run, they show up to play.  Just in terms of actually tackling they are light years ahead of where they were last year.  That line, and especially their thin LB corps are going to take a big hit next year, but they definitely look improved.

I know, I know.....I'll go choke myself now....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Good lord.  Just from the title I knew he threw A&M a compliment.  Listen, fuck most ag's in large groups (individually, they are good people).  But this year their defense is playing better than most anyone expected, albeit almost entirely against the run.  They have benefited tremendously from not having to face teams that have a strong passing attack.....but against the run, they show up to play.  Just in terms of actually tackling they are light years ahead of where they were last year.  That line, and especially their thin LB corps are going to take a big hit next year, but they definitely look improved.

I know, I know.....I'll go choke myself now....

Hey if they are good, they are good. They throw so much money and resources at that program it was bound to happen someday.

But the stats say they are 81st in yards per play. I mean 5.7 yards per play is not good. So if they are doing well against the run, it doesn't sound like they have benefited that much from forcing their opponents to pass. Sounds like they are getting torched. They are 110th in yards given up per pass attempt. But hey sometimes stats don't tell the whole story.

13 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Hey if they are good, they are good. They throw so much money and resources at that program it was bound to happen someday.

But the stats say they are 81st in yards per play. I mean 5.7 yards per play is not good. So if they are doing well against the run, it doesn't sound like they have benefited that much from forcing their opponents to pass. Sounds like they are getting torched. They are 110th in yards given up per pass attempt. But hey sometimes stats don't tell the whole story.

Scoring defense:  29th (we are 45th)
Total defense:  T22nd (we are 47th)
Rushing defense:  4th (we are 31st)
Yards allowed:  90th (we are 80th)

*and no, this doesn't even come close to telling the whole story.  This is a striker who's a good puncher that never has to face a grappler, and when they do, get tapped the fuck out quick.  BUT, there are no grapplers on their their card.  It's smoke and mirrors.....but at what they do, they are performing better then expected.  

Begging the questions about Elko.  He's got to know his stock is up.  He also has to know next year he loses a LOT of talent.  Be glorious to see him bolt before next year's abortion of a team and brutal road schedule.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:
Scoring defense:  29th (we are 45th)
Total defense:  T22nd (we are 47th)
Rushing defense:  4th (we are 31st)
Yards allowed:  90th (we are 80th)

*and no, this doesn't even come close to telling the whole story.  This is a striker who's a good puncher that never has to face a grappler, and when they do, get tapped the fuck out quick.  BUT, there are no grapplers on their their card.  It's smoke and mirrors.....but at what they do, they are performing better then expected.  

Begging the questions about Elko.  He's got to know his stock is up.  He also has to know next year he loses a LOT of talent.  Be glorious to see him bolt before next year's abortion of a team and brutal road schedule.  

Ok now am I confused. Are you claiming they have played great defense or not? Because those stats are not great. And why are you comparing them with us? We haven't played great defense.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Ok now am I confused. Are you claiming they have played great defense or not? Because those stats are not great. And why are you comparing them with us? We haven't played great defense.

They played great in one, single facet.  In that, they do a good job.  They are not facing teams that can take advantage of their weaknesses....giving the false impression that they are better than they are.

So overall, no they are not good, but give the impression that they are better than they are (see earlier analogy of a stand-up fighter that does not have to defend against more well rounded fighters that can take things to the ground).  

I threw us in there, fuck it.  It's a Texas sight and we seem to get away from bring up A&M on every other GD thread.   

• Like 1