Kirk Herbstreit is a clown make-up douchebag

ztejas

23 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Serious question: Are any of those talking head morons actually not morons? Because I can't think of a single one that isn't.

As I think someone already pointed out, it is literally their job to say wild shit so as to allow for vigorous argument and make the viewer at home say oh my god somebody better tell this idiot he's an idiot! Sensible people saying sensible things and agreeing with each other isn't a show.

E: At least Finebaum kind of owns it, and makes the audience the spectacle. "I'm gonna poke these rubes with a stick for a while and then we'll all have a good laugh when they call in to holler about how mad they are."

Edited by Thermos H. Christ

2 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

As I think someone already pointed out, it is literally their job to say wild shit so as to allow for vigorous argument and make the viewer at home say oh my god somebody better tell this idiot he's an idiot! Sensible people saying sensible things and agreeing with each other isn't a show.

This.  Most of the time, I doubt they (Herpstreit, Cowherd, Skip, etc) actually believe what they spew out of their mouths.  

Just now, 903Cougar said:

This.  Most of the time, I doubt they (Herpstreit, Cowherd, Skip, etc) actually believe what they spew out of their mouths.  

I doubt they even come up with it most of the time. I suspect the producers have some hot takes prepped in advance and it's just somehow decided who among the on-air talent is going to be in charge of arguing which idiotic thing. 

2 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

A couple of weeks ago my dautther asked me why I watch sports with the sound off. My reply: Because the people talking are all idiots.

Some game a few weeks back, the safety came up and put a brutal hit on a running back. I happened to have the sound on (my bad) and the announcer said "That's why they call that position the strong safety!"

You are telling me that is designed to get people at home to do----- something? other than mute the sound I mean.

Yes, I know that was an in-game announcer and not a pre-game analyst. I don't even watch the pre-game idiocy, and anybody who does is suspect.

40 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Feel free to ridicule him from your couch though. I myself will be constantly fucking with the pause and fast forward so I can watch while listening to Craig Way

I have separate speakers in my home theater just for listening to music during sporting events. I have the game muted or at very low volume so I can avoid wanting to rip my ears out. 

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Feel free to ridicule him from your couch though. I myself will be constantly fucking with the pause and fast forward so I can watch while listening to Craig Way

I got to catch some Craig in Austin en route to a wedding during the Baylor game.

Gonna be a sad day when he hangs em up.

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Aggy not losing the rest of the year? Did LSU game get cancelled or something?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Aggy has played 5 teams. Lost to two of them and squeaked out victories over 3. Yeah they are winning out. Good chance miss. st. is a loss.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

A couple of weeks ago my dautther asked me why I watch sports with the sound off. My reply: Because the people talking are all idiots.

Some game a few weeks back, the safety came up and put a brutal hit on a running back. I happened to have the sound on (my bad) and the announcer said "That's why they call that position the strong safety!"

You are telling me that is designed to get people at home to do----- something? other than mute the sound I mean.

Yes, I know that was an in-game announcer and not a pre-game analyst. I don't even watch the pre-game idiocy, and anybody who does is suspect.

Same. If I am watching the game at my house by myself, I have the sound off and music playing. Announcers add zero value to the game for me. Especially the announcers for the Baylor game. Those were the C team ESPN crew and they were fucking god awful. Some yuk monkeys and their fascination with Brewer and his family was unbearable.

I don't watch any pre game shows for any sport. Gameday used to be a staple for me waking up Saturday morning but it is a shell of what it used to be, especially with Corso getting older. And Desmond Howard is shitty.

16 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

And Desmond Howard is shitty.

Remember when he announced that USC's punter would be the MVP of the 2006 Rose Bowl in the pregame? That was possibly the most idiotic take I had ever heard. I mean win or lose, USC's punter was not going to be deciding the game.

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Remember when he announced that USC's punter would be the MVP of the 2006 Rose Bowl in the pregame? That was possibly the most idiotic take I had ever heard. I mean win or lose, USC's punter was not going to be deciding the game.

Wow wtf? Lol. Was he being sarcastic. I don't remember the pregame for that game at all. I was way too hyped and nervous.

Herbie  being Herbie.......

November 10, 2018 @ 9:34am » Andrew Holleran

ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit Just Unveiled A Major Upset Pick

GettyImages-852373626-775x465.jpg

We’ve seen several major upsets throughout the 2018 college football season. Are more coming today? Probably…

ESPN college football analyst Kirk Herbstreit just unveiled one of his upset picks for Week 11 on College GameDay this morning.

The pick: Texas Tech over No. 19 Texas.

The Longhorns are coming off an emotional home loss to West Virginia, in which the Mountaineers scored a game-winning 2-point conversion with almost no time left.

Texas has to travel to Texas Tech today and Herbie likes the home team to pull off the upset.

“I’ll take Texas Tech at home,” he said.

Herbstreit might be the only member of ESPN’s College GameDay panel picking Texas Tech.

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

we're 2 point favorites.  not sure that counts as a "major upset pick".

It doesn’t, nor does anyone else who watches this stuff see it that way. 

What he really saying is that the university you would have liked to have attended, is going to lose to the one that you had to attend.

I believe this is one of those times they are allowed to go off script. As Herb’s “pick” on this particular game is more about his own feelings or perhaps agenda. He has shown this bias time and again about The University of Texas, and I also believe it has nothing to do with football.

4 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

It doesn’t, nor does anyone else who watches this stuff see it that way. 

What he really saying is that the university you would have liked to have attended, is going to lose to the one that you had to attend.

I believe this is one of those times they are allowed to go off script. As Herb’s “pick” on this particular game is more about his own feelings or perhaps agenda. He has shown this bias time and again about The University of Texas, and I also believe it has nothing to do with football.

i was originally bagging more on the author than than the picker.  but after clicking and the link and learning more about andrew holleran and "the spun", i kinda get it now.