Nintendo Switch

Deej

Pretty much how I feel about the new wave of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tracks in the 3rd wave of the DLC.  They really improved the graphics and the scenery.

From a reddit thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/mariokart/comments/zf76yg/ranking_wave_3_and_overall_thoughts/

Man this is the best Wave yet! So much personality in the tracks and love the graphical improvements in some of the tracks. Nintendo really nailed it with this wave. Now on the the track rankings:

1. Rainbow Road: Spectacular track filled with color and atmosphere. I couldn’t stop looking at the galaxy
  2. Peach Gardens: Nostalgia overload and just a fun time. Graphics seemed to improve here. Just had a blast with the track.
  3. Maple Treeway: Nostalgia overload from the Wii. The music is spectacular and the graphics look improved. Had a blast playing this track.
  4. Merry Mountain: Did not think I would like this track as much as I do. Perfect for the holidays! Anti gravity sections are a blast to play through.
  5. Berlin Byways: A chaotic but fun course filled with turns and speeding cars. Perfect for beginners new to the game.
  6. Boo Lake: The antigravity section was a blast to play through. Graphics looks pretty impressive. However, a little to short for my liking.
  7. London Look: A chaotic track from Tour with a bunch of turns and different directions. The tracks just kept on improving.
  8. Rock Rock mountain: the least graphically impressive track and possibly the least engaging track. Nevertheless, I had fun with the improved anti gravity section.
  • Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...

1F65F101-DE33-4886-B7A1-AE30726D4F16.thumb.jpeg.4e9f686ac0feb88704691d8695c7997e.jpeg

9CF1A2B4-B78A-4216-84B3-400311BCC3EA.gif.03d6d6e475227f6dc041ebbe02bea37e.gif

Started hitting into Cult of the Lamb last week. 

Enjoying it so far. Pretty much the story you think it would be. Basically start and grow a cult of woodland critters. That amused me to start. Game play is nice, lots to keep track of. 

Not super far into it, but fun so far. Kind of a mashup between civ and zelda, in a sense. You have the civ aspects with building up your cult, and the zelda type from various routes when crusading. Yet doesn’t feel like either. Pretty well done from what I’ve seen so far. 

• Drool 1

• 1 month later...

GoldenEye 007 on Switch Online just dropped.  We can play multiplayer online.

Chris Hemsworth Yes GIF

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/01/nintendo-expands-its-switch-online-n64-service-with-goldeneye-007

Rare's famous licensed FPS first arrived on the N64 in 1997. In this new and slightly updated version, players can now participate in online multiplayer. The Switch Online + Expansion Pack service also allows users to save and load game states at any time - making playthroughs a lot easier.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

You can save it. But yes, I have to go back and reset it. I’ve found some other YouTube videos for other n64 games that make it easier to play them. I’ll save them as “goldeneye” or whatever and just select it. It’s a pain but it’s more enjoyable for me to play.

TOTK preorders have been changed due to a possible $69.99 base price for the game. Which is absurd bc that’s the base for PS5 games which is 100x better graphically than a Switch game, which have always been $59.99 at launch for 6 year old hardware. 

Edited by Js1

TOTK preorders have been changed due to a possible $69.99 base price for the game. Which is absurd bc that’s the base for PS5 games which is 100x better graphically than a Switch game, which have always been $59.99 at launch for 6 year old hardware. 

The $70 price tag made this a no buy from me, which is a shame.

On 2/7/2023 at 10:02 PM, Js1 said:

TOTK preorders have been changed due to a possible $69.99 base price for the game. 

Kind of a bummer, especially considering the Nintendo tends to leave their exclusives full price for ages and rarely ever offers them on sale. 

Metroid Dread came out 16 months ago and is still full price on the official website. $49.99 on Amazon. 

Mario Odyssey came out 6 years ago and is currently $59.99 on Nintendo shop! It's $40 at third-party retailers.

20 hours ago, Capn81 said:

The $70 price tag made this a no buy from me, which is a shame.

I'm def not that into it, since I paid $80 for Hogwarts Legacy and $70 for God of War: Ragnarok and both are/were graphically superior to TOTK with an immersive storyline and the ability to play post-game content. 

And I'm sure, eventually, the TOTK DLC will be another $20-$25 

And yet, I have pre-ordered it via GameStop for $59.99 (until they charge everyone $10 more)

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Finally beat BotW after starting in around Christmas. Still have 5 shrine quests to find and amazingly only found about 200 of the 900 koroks. Swear to Christ I've comed every inch of that map. 

I used a map and watched YouTube to track down the last ~30 shrines. 

On 4/3/2023 at 10:41 PM, NorthLoop said:

Finally beat BotW after starting in around Christmas. Still have 5 shrine quests to find and amazingly only found about 200 of the 900 koroks. Swear to Christ I've comed every inch of that map. 

Lmao you def have not. They’re fucking everywhere 

• Rage+1 1

On 4/5/2023 at 5:00 PM, Js1 said:

I used an online map today to find about 20 more. Most of them I would've never found otherwise, but a lot of them were wtf how did I miss that the first time? 

10 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Played Mario Kart with the wife and kids for a couple hours tonight. Only lost one of the races, but my battle skills severely lacking on these courses because I don't know my way around them very well.

That's a piss poor excuse. Never lose to your kids at MarioKart. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 10:41 PM, NorthLoop said:

On 4/5/2023 at 5:00 PM, Js1 said:

On 4/6/2023 at 6:04 PM, NorthLoop said:

I used an online map today to find about 20 more. Most of them I would've never found otherwise, but a lot of them were wtf how did I miss that the first time? 

I've spent the last month just farting around on there looking for koroks. I got up to about 450 found. Out of 900. There's no fucking way I only found half of them. Tomorrow I get TOTK so I may never truly know. 

Man, I need to go back and finish BOtW. I stopped chasing the main story for a bit where you have to sneak through that dungeon without getting spotted and went looking for more shrines and stuff, and then life/three little cretins got in the way and I don't really get around to playing by myself anymore.

FYI, there's a really great Metroid-vania indie called Afterimage that came out a few weeks ago. Very solid game, but it sucks on Switch. Load times after a fast travel can take 15-20 seconds, respawn times after a death can sometimes stretch upwards of 45 seconds. Basically becomes unplayable late in the game when you're dying often.

Wasn't even thinking when I downloaded for Switch instead of PS5. Shame, b/c it's a really good game.

• 1 month later...

I'm here for a new 2D Mario

Super Mario Bros. Wonder brings 2D action to the Switch in October - The Verge

Mario’s big year continues. Following the debut of a theme park and an animated movie, 2023 will also be getting the next Super Mario Bros. game. It’s called Super Mario Bros. Wonder and is a return to the 2D side-scrolling action of the original games and the New Super Mario Bros. series. It has some weird new abilities, including the ability to turn into an elephant. It launches on October 20th.

• Hook 'Em 1