2019 WR Marcus Washington

Machinator

1 hour ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Isn’t this why we recruited Brennan Eagles?  I feel like people are sleeping on him at this point.

People aren't sleeping on Eagles or Woodard, they just haven't played much or at all. I know Eagles was injured during the TCU game, but people are more excited to add more WR's to this class. You can never have too many playmakers. No one knows if Eagles or Woodard will work out, so it's always nice to find another guy with potential who could be next in line in case the aforementioned turn into Kirko situation, or just aren't cut out for high level competition. It's like being excited for Roschon, but reality is we know we still have Rising and Thompson. 

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

4.75 40 at 190 pounds is good?

Somebody school me here because I'm not feeling it.

Earlier this year had a poor time at camp due to hamstring injury.....

IT wrote:

Coach says: Strengths - Good height. Nicely built athlete with strong arms. Fluid athlete with a long stride. Featured at X, slot and Z. Good acceleration off the line and shows fluid hips. Does not lose speed on change of direction. Good routes to all levels. Stays balanced in and out of his cuts. Excellent sale of the double moves. Gets open and finds soft spots in zones. A matchup problem for most of his opponents. Good soft hands and catches ball away from his body. Adjusts reasonably well to poor throws. Good leaping ability. Tracks ball well. Could not find measurables online but looks like he has above average to elite deep speed; I would be surprised if he was slower than a 4.4. Appears to have some elusiveness in open field and enough of a second gear to run away from people. Athleticism and speed probably make him a threat from anywhere. Vertical should be very good too. Dominant on jump balls and fades at times. Nice work on scrambles to help his QB. Defensive film shows a playmaker who’s either going for the interception or the strip. Areas for Improvement/Concern – Not certain about his boundary awareness. Carries the ball away from his body so I would expect a few fumbles in college if that isn’t coached up. Level of competition is a concern as his team has had several D-I athletes and appears to have dominated their schedule. 

On 10/26/2018 at 6:53 PM, LTtxfan said:

947569.png
"Washington was set to make a commitment this summer, and Ohio State was widely considered his leader. However, Washington pushed back his timeline after a scandal rocked the Buckeyes program. That quickly opened the door for Texas to make a move.  And the Longhorns took full advantage as they hit a grand slam with Washington and his family on their official visit in mid-September.
Texas Director of Recruiting Bryan Carrington was extremely involved in the recruitment of Washington. Carrington spent a ton of time with his family on their official visit and is a big reason the Longhorns were able to make a late surge.

Washington is a teammate of key 2020 target Mookie Cooper"

So we got a solid recruit because of the tOSU scandal that we helped instigate? 

Delicious 

• 1 month later...