Scholz's Beer Garden

Ghost of LL

So probably not new to anyone else, but news to me--Scholz's hired the guy behind Frank to redesign its menu some months ago.  Brisketexan and I headed over there for lunch today, and can report that it's strong to quite strong.  I had the Koenigsberger Kochklopse (meatballs and spaetzle with a caper cream sauce) and Brisket had the sausage board, both of which were really good.

The best thing on the plates was the pretzel rolls, which came with Brisket's sausage board.  Those were damned good.

So yeah--this feels strange to type, but I would recomment Scholz's for the food.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Good, since Frank has a sign on the door saying the business is closed due to non-payment of taxes. 

Scholtz's still pays in Marks so no problem.

The food there was never of course much, but man it sure tasted good with all that cheap beer.

Edited by phdhorn

thanks for the post. my momma likes to go there and usually the food was airplane level food from the 80s. good to hear there has been a change

It’s been a big change. Brisket and I were debating whether it’s the best German food we’ve had in Texas (and both of us have eaten a lot).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It’s been a big change. Brisket and I were debating whether it’s the best German food we’ve had in Texas (and both of us have eaten a lot).

You and Brisket need to get your shyster asses over to Fabi & Rosi or Alpine Haus in New Braunfels.

• Like 2

I’ll probably be in the minority, but I think the old menu was substantially better. There were tons of items you could get there that were unique to the restaurant and couldn’t really be found anywhere else. 

Now it’s kinda more generic, contemporary place (like Frank’s) you can find at other restaurants in Austin. 

Just my 2 cents...

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...