Fuck Cancer

lateshow

I don't know if there is already a thread by this title. If there is, sorry, but I don't give a shit right now.

One of my best friends, Charlie, was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 rectal cancer that has metastasized to his liver. He's got two kids, son 7 and a daughter 3. We coach youth baseball together, our wives are friends, and our sons are friends. We play travel USSSA baseball, so we spend a substantial amount of time together. One weekend he was fine, his usual fiery self, two days later he sends us a text of his diagnosis.

All that said, he's at MD Anderson today and for the next 7 days at least. He's meeting with the doctors today to do scans and get a plan of action. Any prayers and good thoughts would be greatly appreciated for Charlie and his family. 

Edited by lateshow

One of my brothers is beating the living shit out of rectal cancer right now.  Your friend is being treated by the best of the best, and sounds like a fighter.  He has the best chance ever of beating this and watching his kids grow up.  I'll add my thoughts and prayers to the rest of the resources on his side.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
Just now, Pancho said:

Just found out a guy I grew up with passed away from cancer last night. I think he’s the first person in our high school graduating class (class of 2000) to pass.

Feels unrea.

Fuck cancer.  Fuck it all the way up.  Fucking cunt cancer.

so sorry to hear.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Don't know which thread to put it but my cousin is having a rough go right now. Kidneys, liver and lungs impacted hard. We are the same age and he won't make it more than a few more months is what we have been told, Christmas would almost be a miracle. Fucking scary shit man.