Right Wing Extremist Violence Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

I'm missing it.  help me out.  I read it with the 'pretend notion' that one of my sons was the perp.  Neither freaking cover warms the heart very much... nor should it.

You're joking, right? You really can't see the difference in how a white person is portrayed v. how the Muslim is portrayed?

Anyone who can’t see the difference in those covers is deplorable or lying.

White man = given context, was once an angelic child, has a family whose loves him, the picture of him as a child is emphasized

Muslim man = maniac, ISIS, picture emphasized is that of a selfie taking thug....full stop

47 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You're joking, right? You really can't see the difference in how a white person is portrayed v. how the Muslim is portrayed?

It's slorch. You have to spell out the differences for him. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Probably because they’re a healthy and full democracy.

Voter turnout in New Zealand? 80%

They also whip our ass in education and life expectancy. 

And every town has a brewery and a golf course.  They mudhole our ass.

21 minutes ago, Gale Snoats said:

No he means he's amazed that you're such a fucking idiot.

What's the difference? The Muslim side is a huge menacing photo of a young adult who is standing defiantly with a smirk on his face and looks like he's thinking about raping some kids. The other guy's photo is a sweet baby picture with his dad. The headline on the left dehumanizes the Muslim. The headline on the right frames the other guy as a sweet angelic child who took a wrong turn somewhere. The fonts and boldness are even different.

I've probably been on these boards longer than you and have never posted anything other than travel stuff and questions on the occasional can you help me with this board. Your years and years worth of moronic shit posts finally drew me out.

Also I've been wanting to ask forever. Do you really think the 99% of posters who think you're a fucking dumbass are wrong and you're right? You really think "none of the hundreds who have called me a complete idiot know what they're taking about. I'm right and all of them are wrong." If so holy shit that's crazy #1 to be so confident and #2 to be so wrong.

You’ve. Been. Slorch’d!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Looks like someone forgot to switch back to his normal account

No switching.  I logged in with my normal credentials.

I have never had a sock.  Already posted it in Borked.

IDGAF...

Again, which story is favorable?

neither. 

Y’all cry about the dumbest shit. Then you double down with some delusional sensitivity superiority complex. 

It would be laughable uf you weren’t in it neck deep and believing it makes some iota’s worth of difference in the wirld. 

Edited by slorch

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Australia has some SERIOUS issues with this shit. We like to think they’re all nice folks with cool accents. They aren’t.

It's a good thing they got a grip on gun control when they did. No doubt it wasn't 100% and there are still assault weapons flowing in, but at least it was a proactive move. Aussies armed to the teeth? I think we all know this would end badly.

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

It’s not about the story being favorable, you tortilla tossing imbecile.

It’s the FRAMING of the subject.

Oh, fuck it. You’re being willfully obtuse and shitposting.

Dude settled for tech, it should be pretty clear he's a few crayons short of a full box

23 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Social media sites could stop this if they wanted to.

I really don't understand why they don't.

Because it’s not in their financial interest and they’re afraid of the backlash from the right if they put their foot down. 

They’re the most complicit in this mass radicalization.  They’ve been warned repeatedly about it for years and the response is always something along the lines of, “Don’t tell me how to run my business and go start your own platform.  Free market muh!.” 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

ya9J5.gif

Yeah, this is an angle that I particularly enjoy.  "He had environmentalist rants!  So clearly, this is not about Trump or white nationalism!"

Mmmhmmm.  Yep.  He killed 50 muslims in two mosques because (checks notes) he is worried about global warming.  Yes.  That makes perfect sense.

St. Louis Store Asks Whether New Zealand Mosque Shooting Was Tragic or 'Fucking Great'

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblog/2019/03/18/st-louis-store-asks-whether-new-zealand-mosque-shooting-was-tragic-or-fucking-great

tj_kirgin_flakes.jpg

Determinedly edgy local gun-supply store Tactical Shit took a break this weekend from promoting its St. Patrick's Day sale to ask its Facebook followers their opinion of Friday's massacre of Muslims in New Zealand: Was the incident a tragedy, the poll asked, or was it "fucking great?" 

The Facebook poll, which appears to have been deleted between Saturday evening and Sunday, drew thousands of votes and hundreds of comments. According to a screenshot, fifteen percent of respondents viewed the killing of 49 innocent people as a cause for celebration. 

"How do you 'feel' about the NZ Shooting?" the query began. "This poll is because in our posts and news stories, our shitheads seem pretty divided." 

The store, which is based in suburban St. Peters, seemed to be aware that it was basically inviting the bigots in its audience to step forward. 

"We are in no way are indicating our opinion," the post added, "just want yours." 

But it wasn't just the poll that disappeared from Tactical Shit's Facebook feed on Saturday. That same afternoon, the account liked and then reshared the above meme, a version of the "distracted boyfriend" meme. In this case, the boyfriend in the meme is labeled "literally the whole fucking world" while ignoring the woman behind him — identified as "daily acts of terror committed by a religion preaching violence." 

The object of the boyfriend's distracted attention is a woman in the foreground. She is labeled "one guy shooting Muslims in revenge." 

tactical_shit_collage.jpg

Spoiler

Tactical Shit devoted numerous posts Saturday to the mass shooting, and the page has continued to post stories and commentary, inviting those "shitheads" to fill its comment sections with crusader-themed memes and photoshopped images from the shooter's livestream that present the tragedy as a scene from a video game. Tactical Shit's massacre-related content also includes an entire episode of the store's podcast, "Shots Fired," which spends more than an hour examining the Australian shooter's reported justifications for murdering innocent people. 

The episode, titled, "Radical Gamer Trolls World in Real Life First Person Shooter," features a lengthy conversation between Tactical Shit owner T.J. Kirgin and store employees Alex Milberg and Kris Dickson. 

Around the three-minute mark, Kirgin describes his reaction to seeing the live-streamed footage of the massacre, which the killer made using a helmet camera. (The footage has drawn comparison to first-person video games, which inspired the podcast's title.) 

At Tactical Shit, Kirgin says, "We don't like Muslim extremists at all. We're not fans of Islam in any shape or form. Still, killing of innocent civilians is probably not cool." 

That strong moral sentiment is apparently what motivated Kirgin to copy and share a Facebook post about the New Zealand shooting. The post is no longer visible, and we weren't able to get a screenshot, although from Kirgin's description, it apparently reflected the opinion that targeted murder is "probably not cool." 

To Kirgin's shock, he says on the podcast, the post caused the Tactical Shit Facebook page to lose hundreds of followers. 

"I was like, 'Whoa, what the fuck,'" Kirgin says to his cohosts. 

Kirgin then decided to post something on the other side of the spectrum of reactions, what he describes as a "'too-soon' meme, like, going the other way with it" — possibly a reference to the distracted boyfriend meme. That post, too, apparently caused hundreds of Facebook followers to leave. 

"That's how polarized this thing is already," Kirgin continues, "So then I'm like, 'Fuck it, fucktards, I gotta find out what you're thinking here,' because it's obviously a polarized thing within our fan base, which are hardcore motherfuckers. So I put out a poll." 

Even Kirgin was surprised by the number of his fans who voted that the shooting was "fucking great." 

"That's hardcore, man," Kirgin says. "But that speaks to the nature of what's happening in America, the nature of what's happening in the gun community, and globally with this event." 

Throughout the episode, the hosts pick apart the shooter's manifesto and firearm skills. Often, though, their discussion appears to affirm many of the debunked theories espoused by the shooter. To the Tactical Shit team, Islam is a "religion of violence," and the show's hosts are quick to agree that atrocities committed by Muslim terrorists are given less media attention than those committed by Christians or whites. 

To be clear, Kirgin and co-hosts make multiple interjections throughout the episode to declare that they themselves don't approve of the shooting. But at the same time, they find little to dispute in the shooter's manifesto. Kirgin even launches into a lengthy defense of the manifesto's contention that a high Muslim birthrate threatens to "dominate most of America and pretty much all of Europe." 

At that point, Milberg jumps in to agree with the demographic prediction, but he suggests that the idea of future Muslim dominance is "amazing, because they spend most of the time porking each other in the ass, so you'd be confused, because they aren't really a big fan of women." 

Again, this is one day after the shooting. But this is the Tactical Shit brand. The store's Facebook page boasts 890,000 followers. The same day it posted the poll, Tactical Shit ran a Facebook ad for a grey t-shirt that says "Nationalist" over an outline of a map of the U.S. 

The ad ran with the text, "We don't sell white nationalist shirts. We do have grey ones." 

screenshot_20190316-131717.png?cb=155293

Tactical Shit has long encouraged "libtard"-bashing, anti-PC humor, both on its social pages and in its store. It sells products like "Liberal Tears Gun Oil" and produces videos that cater to a particular brand of give-no-fucks conservative dudebro — videos such as this one, which advertises a St. Patrick's Day Sale by showing an employee applying a discount sticker to a bent-over woman's behind. 

Last year, the store even posted a clip attempting to mock the concept of racial bias training by introducing a black employee, "Token Marcus," who walks into a scene chugging a grape soda. We also reported last year on the store's sale of an $8 Holocaust-style yellow Star of David patch, which was stitched with the words "Gun Owner." One day after our story broke, the store removed the patch. 

But when it comes to the New Zealand mass shooting, the store seems have known it was straying into indefensible territory. At some point, it decided to delete the poll that asked people whether they "feel" fucking great about a mass murder of Muslims. 

And perhaps that's why the poll's author added quotation marks around the word "feel" — because even trolls sometimes know when they've gone too far. 

Edited by Francisco 2.0

"I know that these actions were wrong and I'm sorry," Sayoc said through tears. Sayoc said that he never intended for the devices to explode, but he acknowledged that he was aware there was a risk they could detonate.

Sayoc, 57, pleaded guilty to 65 counts, including using weapons of mass destruction and the illegal mailing of explosives with intent to kill or injure. He faces up to life in prison. He is being held without bail and is scheduled to be sentenced on Sept. 12.

[snip]

"Cesar Sayoc has admitted to acts of domestic terrorism that are repulsive to all Americans who cherish a society built on respectful and non-violent political discourse, no matter how strongly held one’s views,” Assistant Attorney General for National Security John C. Demers said in a statement.

"Our democracy will simply not survive if our political discourse includes sending bombs to those we disagree with," Demers said.

[snip]

Besides Clinton, Soros, CNN and De Niro, Sayoc allegedly sent or addressed the devices to former President Barack Obama; former Vice President Joe Biden; former Attorney General Eric Holder; former CIA Director John Brennan; Sens. Cory Booker, D-N.J., and Kamala Harris, D-Calif.; Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif.; activist Tom Steyer; and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper.

Shortly after his arrest, law enforcement sources told NBC News that Sayoc had a list of more than 100 potential targets and did online research on political figures, journalists and entertainers.

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

D2h8VyaUYAEd1zj?format=jpg&name=large

I'm confused on this one. Did the mob boss have anything to do with left wing politics? Was he racist against Italians? Not sure how the right-wing Q shit let to the Gambino family being a target? 

What am I missing? 

3 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

I'm confused on this one. Did the mob boss have anything to do with left wing politics? Was he racist against Italians? Not sure how the right-wing Q shit let to the Gambino family being a target? 

What am I missing? 

Someone didn’t trust the plan.