Right Wing Extremist Violence Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Good news:  it looks like our guys prevented a mass shooting via an intervention with this kid. 

Bad news:  THIS IS A KID.  
This 18 year old didn’t become radicalized over night.  He’s been fed a steady diet of lies and hate by our society’s “thought leaders” on the right since before he had pubes.  
Think about that for a second.   He was poisoned as a child and emerged as a militarized weapon of hate as an adult.   His story is not one in isolation.  There are more kids like him being conditioned by all kinds of dark and subversive forces.  
The Oklahoma City bombing happened 10 years before this kid was born and he isn’t even old enough to remember 9/11.  
I’m just wondering how long before we start calling this what it is:  an epidemic.

Under current leadership? Never. Wouldn’t want to alienate the base.

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Something going down in Dallas?

Party spokespersons in both counties said they'd heard reports that the American Identity Movement, formerly known as Identity Evropa, is planning the conference and a day of action for Saturday and Sunday in Dallas and McKinney. The group was one of the organizers of a 2017 Charlottesville, Va., rally in which a woman was killed.

The article refers to them by their initials, AIM. Sorry boys, that one is taken by the native peoples who were here first, the American Indian Movement. I'm afraid you'll have to go back where you came from.

• Like 2

I should add, that I believe this is the same weekend that a local pastor declared a "week of peace" after a young girl was killed due to gang violence. There are supposed to be some peace marches in several Dallas area parks. Let us pray that peace reigns, especially since the peace walks locations have been broadcast to the media.

1 minute ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Maybe we as a society didn't have the focus of them, but were public displays of white power movements this common and open before Trump? I just remember the KKK parade down Congress and a rally on DC a couple decades ago.

I sure don't remember them, other than David Duke occasionally ending up on tv for some stupidity. During the Obama presidency, I believe the white power groups were working hard on rebranding and reorganizing. People like Charlie Kirk and Richard Spencer were trying to get out of the woods and the back country image and into the academia because if you can work on the youth away from home, then you (they) can (like cults) attempt to separate people from others who would hold them accountable or help them see what is going on. I hate to say it, but they really did work the internet and YouTube to their advantage for a long time. Richard Spencer had Russian funding as did his backer, Preston Wigington and that funded their travel across the US. It didn't help that there were many people who stymied the efforts of those who could see it coming and were warning about it for over a decade, if not longer.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Maybe we as a society didn't have the focus of them, but were public displays of white power movements this common and open before Trump? I just remember the KKK parade down Congress and a rally on DC a couple decades ago.

All I remember (I'm just a man in my early 40s) is the David Duke stuff.  I was aware that the Klan was still around, because you would occasionally see some little blurb about it, but they damn sure didn't have the presence we see now, and they seemed to keep their hoods on - only a few like Duke would be "out" so to speak.

Now, you see more folks who are able to make a living off of it through various means that don't include them being fired for their views, and so they don't feel the need to cover their identify.

The rank-and-file on the other hand, well, we saw what happened when they were exposed/doxxed after Charlottesville - turned into blubbering idiots when they lost their jobs, got booted out by their families or their schools, etc.

13 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

That reporter's name is Brhe? 

Looks like. Maybe it's pronounced like Brie?

As far as the flyers go, I delved into a noxious rabbit hole with the American Identity Movement from the previous page. If you check out their twitter, they leave flyers and stuff all over campuses, libraries, and other places nationwide:

https://twitter.com/aim_america?lang=en

Here is a sample:

https://twitter.com/AIM_America/status/1159613741887098880

Here is an article discussing their transformation from Identity Evropa to their current name:

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2019/03/12/white-nationalist-group-identity-evropa-rebrands-following-private-chat-leaks-launches

These groups have targeted the GOP as a way to get into politics and normalize their ideology. They run for small local offices, they use web pages, they use (I'm not good with lingo) whatever the tactic is called where you have the plausible deniability similar to the way the 'ok' hand sign became the secret handsign for white power. "What? That is just an okay sign. You see racism everywhere." That kind of tactic.

It seems like most Americans are unaware of them, unlike the KKK because they have rebranded and continue to rebrand everytime there is an incident or lawsuit, and also they have learned how to blend in a little better by using more patriot based symbolism than the Nazi and Confederate flags that they know will draw a different type of attention. It is scary.

3 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

I guarantee you the goal here is to get some dude in a black mask to punch a Nazi in the face and capture it on camera so Fox News can run wild with the “intolerant violent left” narrative all next week. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, retread said:

You have to remember that Antifa threw some milkshakes that one time.

According to the article I posted upthread, this is a known tactic by several of the supremacist groups.

As far as someone punching a Nazi, there is a strong suspicion that it would be a counterintelligence act performed by one of their own. If the peaceful protestors don't mind the risk, marching with their hands behind their backs or visible as a way to counter counter intelligence.

4 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Hmm, I posted that seventeen minutes ago and you replied eight minutes ago.  The clip is twelve minutes long.  Next time try watching the whole thing before you comment on it or did the the truth hit you too hard in the face?

The truth hits me in the face every single day when I realize people like you are running ruining this country.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

This scene is surreal. On American streets. I hope this resolves before sides start being drawn across larger swaths of the public. Then it'll get real nasty. Problem is, we don't have a government willing to stomp down on the white power movement right now. It'll take the country to do it. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
  • Like 2