Right Wing Extremist Violence Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Well shit.  I didn’t know any of that.  He’s worse than I though (presuming that’s accurate).  Here is the shit that I was referencing:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/newrepublic.com/amp/article/165826/eric-greitens-scandal-spousal-abuse

Yeah, lot of stuff about how, just because he earned the SEAL trident, doesn't mean he deployed with a SEAL platoon, etc., and if he didn't, then something was going on, etc.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

You gonna retire in Florida?  Or Kentucky?

Unfortunately, it's looking like Florida, although my wife is finally saying "I'm not sure I can live surrounded by even more batshit crazy than surrounds us now".

I'm really not looking forward to not being near a beach, though.  Tiny hovel in Hawaii, here we come.

Unfortunately, it's looking like Florida, although my wife is finally saying "I'm not sure I can live surrounded by even more batshit crazy than surrounds us now".
I'm really not looking forward to not being near a beach, though.  Tiny hovel in Hawaii, here we come.

Mexico, dude. More sane, nicer people, and I fully expect that in 15 years, they’ll have a much more functional govt than ours.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Blotto said:

Well the crazy seems to have definitely ratcheted up the last couple of weeks. The crap that the Texas GOP party put in writing as their official party platform is so far beyond the pale that I'm speechless.  I guess the Jan 6 hearings are driving the reaction from the far right. The timeline for this powder keg to go off appears to be really accelerating and the economy is certainly not helping matters. Tons of fucking people on edge. I legit fear there may be some crazy and/or scary shit go down between now and the Nov elections. Bleak times. 

Some Timothy McVeigh level shit is gonna go down and 40% of the country is gonna label him a patriot

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I notice most of those Proud Boys are masking up so people can't identify them, so they know what they are doing is wrong.

I'd be thanking them for wearing masks and believing that masks are effective at preventing COVID, and when they said it wasn't about COVID, just do the "oh sure, it's not about COVID, wink wink, nudge nudge" and if they said any more, tell them I can't understand them because they masked up for COVID.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Haha 3

Holy shit. Jesse Kelly is going to get somebody killed.

"A former Marine slated to lead Friendswood's Fourth of July parade backed out Thursday after a coordinated campaign to remove her as grand marshal led to threats of violence against her and her family, the city's parks department announced. 

Haley Carter, who also chairs Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner's Commission Against Gun Violence, "voluntarily stepped down," she said, after failed congressional hopeful, former RV salesman and conservative talk show host Jesse Kelly sicced his hundreds of thousands of Twitter followers on her and her family Wednesday. Kelly said he took exception to Carter's political views and even posted a photo of her child in an effort to intimidate Friendswood officials into canceling her inclusion in the parade. 

After the city announced Carter was receiving threats of violence, Kelly celebrated, saying "UPDATE: She's gone" and declaring his actions as part of "The New Right," described by Vanity Fair's James Pogue as "a project to overthrow the thrust of progress, at least such as liberals understand the word."

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/haley-carter-july-4-parade-threats-jesse-kelly-17261619.php?t=1c5cd956cd

• Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

After the city announced Carter was receiving threats of violence, Kelly celebrated, saying "UPDATE: She's gone" and declaring his actions as part of "The New Right," described by Vanity Fair's James Pogue as "a project to overthrow the thrust of progress, at least such as liberals understand the word."

Reminder that the stated goal of the “New Right” is absolute power vested in a monarch.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 6/20/2022 at 6:38 PM, Captainant said:

We're living the dumbasses embracing facism timeline. The boomer conservatives I know all write off the crazies as mere fringe and completely ignore that the state republican party has formalized and embraced some outright fascistic shit. They just refuse to believe it's actually happening and keep pulling the red lever

100% this. The ones I know have zero chance of ever seeing the official platform. They just know that the Dems are somehow worse. It’s sad. 

14 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Holy shit. Jesse Kelly is going to get somebody killed.

"A former Marine slated to lead Friendswood's Fourth of July parade backed out Thursday after a coordinated campaign to remove her as grand marshal led to threats of violence against her and her family, the city's parks department announced. 

Haley Carter, who also chairs Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner's Commission Against Gun Violence, "voluntarily stepped down," she said, after failed congressional hopeful, former RV salesman and conservative talk show host Jesse Kelly sicced his hundreds of thousands of Twitter followers on her and her family Wednesday. Kelly said he took exception to Carter's political views and even posted a photo of her child in an effort to intimidate Friendswood officials into canceling her inclusion in the parade. 

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/haley-carter-july-4-parade-threats-jesse-kelly-17261619.php?t=1c5cd956cd

Wow

37 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I did not have "republican pos with the smallest shred of integrity" on my bingo card. figured he would only use this event to bolster his chances. color me surprised.

34 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yep. This would have boosted his support. 

He got caught on video - something dumbass white guys seem to keep doing to themselves.

His police department suspended him this morning, so he's probably entered the transfer portal and is getting offers from other police departments (probably in the SEC).

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

He got caught on video - something dumbass white guys seem to keep doing to themselves.

His police department suspended him this morning, so he's probably entered the transfer portal and is getting offers from other police departments (probably in the SEC).

Uvalde ISD PD

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

It's so weird that a right-wing incel organization suddenly deciding they are vehemently opposed to sex crimes based on right-wing provided, evidence-free accusations correlates so closely time-wise with the revelation of hundreds of documented sex crimes and years of cover-up by one of most major conservative organizations in America. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/religion/article/southern-baptist-convention-sex-abuse-report-17192138.php

• Rage+1 1

Not rising to this thread’s level of violence but here’s an sad link, filmed by the Proud Boys. They were upset that the local library in Indiana was having a Pride/LGBT reading that sounds to be geared towards children. Presumably the children were specifically brought there by their parents for that event and the parents were ok with the subject.  The Proud Boys were not going to let those parents choose their childrens lesson.

The proud boys eventually left after a confrontation by the police. 

https://www.southbendtribune.com/story/news/2022/06/29/proud-boys-library-disrupt-lgbtq-event-south-bend/7770036001/

• Like 1

I'm starting to think [mention=9]clapclapclap[/mention] isn't actually that concerned about political violence.
Just wait until the marches start when state legislatures install a Rep president after they lost the popular vote and the electoral college. He'll be back... if he isn't too busy shooting the protesters.

On 7/2/2022 at 10:41 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not rising to this thread’s level of violence but here’s an sad link, filmed by the Proud Boys. They were upset that the local library in Indiana was having a Pride/LGBT reading that sounds to be geared towards children. Presumably the children were specifically brought there by their parents for that event and the parents were ok with the subject.  The Proud Boys were not going to let those parents choose their childrens lesson.

The proud boys eventually left after a confrontation by the police. 

https://www.southbendtribune.com/story/news/2022/06/29/proud-boys-library-disrupt-lgbtq-event-south-bend/7770036001/

This one makes me more ragey than the marching twats. That fucking old fat fool walking around and speaking as if he was an authority figure. The cop at the end handled it well by establishing authority and telling chuckle fuck "I'm not going to discuss this with you " and putting an immediate end to their nonsense.

On 6/14/2022 at 10:33 PM, Scheiss Meister said:

The current Republican party are the tyrants for whom the Second Amendment was written.  Change my mind.

And also the types against whom the Senate and Electoral College were designed to operate.

Edited by TwiceHorn
Awful sentence.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3