Right Wing Extremist Violence Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

its all fun and games until you actually have another brown person islamic terrorist do some shit. that will be a quick batch of smelling salts to see where America really is. the ingredients present lead me to believe it will be ugly. I would be damned nervous as a religious minority in America. 

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/politics/gillespie-county-loses-all-elections-department-staff/ar-AA10GXNb?ocid=sapphireappshare

While law enforcement is arresting individuals making death threats against law enforcement, maybe they can start arresting individuals making death threats against election workers.

Herrera told the Standard-Radio Post that she received death threats in 2020 and has been threatened and stalked and called out on social media after the 2020 election. She told the paper that she reached out to the county attorney who suggested she forward the issue to the Fredericksburg Police Department and the county sheriff’s office.

Gillespie County Sheriff Buddy Mills said that though his office investigates every complaint that is made, his office did not receive any about this topic and has not looked into the threats.

Hmm.  Who do I believe here?

• Like 1

That Gillespie county story is troubling for a lot of reasons, the biggest of which is law enforcement's failure to even acknowledge that there might be a problem. 

I guess we'll see what happens in November, but that part of Texas has effectively chosen to no longer be a democracy.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

That Gillespie county story is troubling for a lot of reasons, the biggest of which is law enforcement's failure to even acknowledge that there might be a problem. 

I guess we'll see what happens in November, but that part of Texas has effectively chosen to no longer be a democracy.  

Agreed. This is a good example to keep in mind when tempted to feel warm fuzzies about law enforcement’s willingness to oppose rightwing insurrection.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 5

9 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/politics/gillespie-county-loses-all-elections-department-staff/ar-AA10GXNb?ocid=sapphireappshare

While law enforcement is arresting individuals making death threats against law enforcement, maybe they can start arresting individuals making death threats against election workers.

• Rage+1 2

9 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

they'll have to travel to the next county to vote lol

I shudder to think of the partisan pieces of goat crap that will be gladly step up to man those elections.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Every time somebody does something nuts, and you have a bunch of people saying "oh, I can't believe he did it, he's the last person to do something like that", I always think about that SNL sketch where Buckwheat was shot, and the guy who did it, everybody described him as a nice young man, and when asked if they were surprised he shot Buckwheat, they were all like "oh yeah, it's all he ever talked about".

I'd be willing to bet that somebody around that guy knew he was more than capable of that.

6 hours ago, elfenix said:

That guy isn't a pastor, per se.  He's the owner of Faithful Soldier School of Evangelism and Discipleship.  Dafuq?

He actually has an MA in theology from a Methodist seminary.  Dafuq again?

Oh, wait, he's the director of evangelism or some such at Mercy Seat Christian Church in Milwaukee.  They meet in an Embassy Suites. http://mercyseat.net/about/

Edited by TwiceHorn

spacer.png

Twitter suspends HD 20 candidate after he advocates shooting federal agents

HD 20s Luis Miguel is still on Instagram though.
A Republican candidate for the House from St. Augustine is spending the final days of the Primary campaign suspended from Twitter after advocating violence against the federal government.

Republican Luis Miguel, running against incumbent Rep. Bobby Payne of Palatka in the redrawn House District 20, was suspended from Twitter after a tweet advocating that Floridians should be able to shoot federal agents on sight.

“Under my plan, all Floridians will be able to shoot FBI, IRS, ATF, and all other federal troops on sight,” Miguel tweeted. “Let freedom ring.”

The account is suspended, but at least one potential voter saved the screenshot of the offensive tweet.

Miguel is on Instagram, where the post advocating shooting federal agents is still displayed, amid a host of other hateful graphics mourning the loss of confederate statues (“southern memories,” he called them), advocating “complete enforcement” of the Stop Woke Act, and other such sops to the so-called populist right.

“They won’t take our AR-15s,” he vows on one post.

He is also still on Facebook. The same messaging recurs there.

Attempts to contact Miguel for his side of the suspension story, and better understand his posts during what nominally would be a campaign’s very stretch run, were unsuccessful. His voicemail was full.

Payne rejected Miguel’s shocking comments meanwhile.

“The FBI is law enforcement,” the legislator noted, and regardless of how people felt about any enforcement action, including the controversial seizure of documents from Donald Trump‘s Mar-a-Lago, law enforcement should be respected.

Noting that he’d never met the “anti-establishment” Miguel, he said that candidates like this often are driven to wild statements to get the attention given the lack of a viable resume, and their primary function is to “divide the party” in Primaries.

Miguel and Payne are in an open Primary in the new HD 20, a district where Republicans dominate registration, but Democrats and no-party voters can vote in this election.

Miguel raised just over $4,000 as a candidate, meaning social media was key to his messaging. Payne raised nearly $140,000 in hard money and has not needed to spend it against his challenger. He had more than $110,000 on hand as of Aug. 5.

Payne was first elected in 2016, and if re-elected this will be his final term in Tallahassee.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/548917-miguel-tweet/

But wait! There's more!

"In a shocking video he posted to YouTube on Saturday, Sarasota businessman Martin Hyde said, “I wish they’d turn up at my home ’cause they’d have gone home in a body bag.”"

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/politics/house-candidate-vows-to-send-fbi-agents-in-body-bags-if-his-home-is-searched/ar-AA10TdO3?ocid=sapphireappshare

21 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

But wait! There's more!

"In a shocking video he posted to YouTube on Saturday, Sarasota businessman Martin Hyde said, “I wish they’d turn up at my home ’cause they’d have gone home in a body bag.”"

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/politics/house-candidate-vows-to-send-fbi-agents-in-body-bags-if-his-home-is-searched/ar-AA10TdO3?ocid=sapphireappshare

Sure Jan GIF

But wait! There's more!

Talk is cheap.

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b0zgg6c4v44r8c9a41n3

And spare me your "oh no, big tech and censorship!" bullshit.  Yes, it's a concern.  But that doesn't change the fact that not only does a private enterprise not have a LEGAL obligation to provide a platform for literal violent fascists who want to murder gay people and such (I'm not making that up -- there are multiple MAGAs, including officials and candidates for office, who call for exactly that), these enterprises have a MORAL obligation NOT to provide a platform for that bullshit.

No "conservative" viewpoint like "lower taxes" or "welfare reform" or "fund law enforcement" is being censored or is a problem......it's the fucking calls to violent fascism that are the problem.

Note that I would say the same if the MAGA movement was a violent leftist ideology, calling for the murder of all white people, or people who own a car, or whatnot.  We long ago reached the point where the socially responsible thing to do is to refuse to provide a platform to shitbags who call for and foment violence and stochastic terrorism.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1