Right Wing Extremist Violence Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

A former state trooper shot Greg Griggers, the district attorney for Alabama’s 17th Judicial Circuit, in the face Thursday afternoon in Demopolis, according to Michael Jackson, district attorney for Alabama’s 4th Judicial Circuit. After he shot Griggers, the former trooper was shot to death, reportedly by a law enforcement officer.

“Griggers got shot in the face and they killed the ex-state trooper who shot him,” Jackson told AL.com Thursday afternoon.

Jackson said the shooter has been identified as Steven Smith, Jr., a former state trooper who was previously questioned in connection with a 1996 incident in which someone used a shotgun to shoot up the home of Sumter County Circuit Judge Eddie Hardaway, the first black judge to preside over Sumter, Marengo and Greene counties.

Griggers is a Democrat.

Jackson said the shooter has been identified as Steven Smith, Jr., a former state trooper who was previously questioned in connection with a 1996 incident in which someone used a shotgun to shoot up the home of Sumter County Circuit Judge Eddie Hardaway, the first black judge to preside overSumter, Marengo and Greene counties.

Why did we need to elect MAGA to go back to the 50s?  They've been there the whole time.

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Why did we need to elect MAGA to go back to the 50s?  They've been there the whole time.

MAGA took those lingering cancer cells that were hiding while we THOUGHT we were in remission, and turned them into a raging case of evilracistsarcoma.

Seriously, maybe it's something we should be grateful for -- seeing things as they truly are is always better than believing a fantasy.  We believed a fantasy -- our evil, violent, racist past was behind us, and the few people who still felt that way were so marginalized and so insignificant that it wasn't worth worrying about.

That fantasy has been shown to be complete crap.  We know see our country for what it is.  These folks are out in the open, being who they always were.  Now we know.

• Like 4

The Griggers guy who was shot runs the most “profitable” asset forfeiture unit in Alabama.

Despite his jurisdiction being the least populated in the state - less than .85% of the state’s population.

In fiscal year 2014, the most recent year for which federal data is available, the task force seized more than $427,000 in cash and property that was either used to facilitate a federal crime or that represented the proceeds of a federal crime. That number, which is higher than that of any other local law enforcement agency in Alabama, amounts to more than 9.5 percent of the $4.9 million in such assets seized in fiscal 2014 in the state, including the nearly $1.75 million seized by the statewide Alabama Department Of Public Safety.

Word is he was also about to start prosecution of a corrupt sheriffs department and the ex-trooper who shot him may have some relationship to the sheriff or the case.

This could just be a case of just good old fashioned Alabama political corruption where shit just got out of hand.

And he’s already out of the hospital.

Pretty quick recovery for being “shot in the face”. Guessing the media is exaggerating that for clicks. Probably just got grazed.

On 11/15/2018 at 4:48 PM, Brisketexan said:

MAGA took those lingering cancer cells that were hiding while we THOUGHT we were in remission, and turned them into a raging case of evilracistsarcoma.

Seriously, maybe it's something we should be grateful for -- seeing things as they truly are is always better than believing a fantasy.  We believed a fantasy -- our evil, violent, racist past was behind us, and the few people who still felt that way were so marginalized and so insignificant that it wasn't worth worrying about.

That fantasy has been shown to be complete crap.  We know see our country for what it is.  These folks are out in the open, being who they always were.  Now we know.

This is unfortunately correct. Just like the past is never really the past, our racist past is never really the past either. It’s just the past, that those like us who remain our left to deal with. 

The right wingers among us like to call it white guilt. It’s not. Truth be told, since I’m white,  and a male, I have no doubt that as a white male the past has in some way (probably a a great way really ) benefited my family and ultimately me. So the question then becomes why should I complain?  Why should I complain against or even dare to question a reality that has ultimately benefited both me, my family, and my kids.

Well I dont. I don’t complain about the past. I don’t feel one ounce of white guilt for what happened in the past that benefited me. But I do recognize that its ultimately not sustainable, not moral, and I wont tolerate it, whether it ultimately benefits me or not, especially Trumps “final solution”. That is what Trump is trying to do and I for one will not submit to it.

Because I had the luxury and benefit of getting a good education. And because I’ve had the luck in my profession of dealing with people who didn’t have the benefits that I inherited, I’ve had the greatest education of all, which is to say that despite our differences, there really isn’t much difference at all of people despite what relegion, creed, or country they came from. 

We are all the same. 

The doctrine of Trump preaches against that. He’s an evil amoral asshole. So I preach against him. If Trump joined the Democratic Party tomorrow the next day I would once again be a Republican, not that that is ever gonna happen. 

When the day comes that this stain on our country is no longer president I will have a stiff drink to celebrate, then go completely sober in all things for at least a month to cleanse myself of the anger I have had to deal with while this guy who served time as our president. I cannot wait for that day to happen.

• Like 4

All these neo Nazis wear MAGA hats. It's white supremacy merch. 

They're intertwined, Trump, Nazism, Nationalism, domestic terrorism and fascism. You cannot argue the contrary. It's far too pervasive. 

Any Trump supporter decrying the labeling of Trumpkins as racists are being intentionally obtuse.

25 minutes ago, Agent47 said:

All these neo Nazis wear MAGA hats. It's white supremacy merch. 

It's that way now, and for the rest of America's future. Think about that. MAGA gear will be alongside Confederate battle flags as angry white conservative symbols for decades and decades to come.

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

This is unfortunately correct. Just like the past is never really the past, our racist past is never really the past either. It’s just the past, that those like us who remain our left to deal with. 

The right wingers among us like to call it white guilt. It’s not. Truth be told, since I’m white,  and a male, I have no doubt that as a white male the past has in some way (probably a a great way really ) benefited my family and ultimately me. So the question then becomes why should I complain?  Why should I complain against or even dare to question a reality that has ultimately benefited both me, my family, and my kids.

Well I dont. I don’t complain about the past. I don’t feel one ounce of white guilt for what happened in the past that benefited me. But I do recognize that its ultimately not sustainable, not moral, and I wont tolerate it, whether it ultimately benefits me or not, especially Trumps “final solution”. That is what Trump is trying to do and I for one will not submit to it.

Because I had the luxury and benefit of getting a good education. And because I’ve had the luck in my profession of dealing with people who didn’t have the benefits that I inherited, I’ve had the greatest education of all, which is to say that despite our differences, there really isn’t much difference at all of people despite what relegion, creed, or country they came from. 

We are all the same. 

The doctrine of Trump preaches against that. He’s an evil amoral asshole. So I preach against him. If Trump joined the Democratic Party tomorrow the next day I would once again be a Republican, not that that is ever gonna happen. 

When the day comes that this stain on our country is no longer president I will have a stiff drink to celebrate, then go completely sober in all things for at least a month to cleanse myself of the anger I have had to deal with while this guy who served time as our president. I cannot wait for that day to happen.

Here's a tangible example of how my whiteness benefitted me:

I'm adopted. The parents who raised me submitted a request for a blond-haired, blue-eyed baby boy to the adoption agency. The only reason I was raised by that very stable, Christian, wholesome couple was due to my sex and the color of my skin, hair, and eyes. Sure, I could've been "sold"(quite literally) to another family, which may have been better, or not, depending on your perspective. But the only family I know is entirely the result of those four physical characteristics.

Talk about a fucking lottery ticket...

Edited by bolverk

On 11/8/2018 at 2:26 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

icono is off the wagon and using again. i’d bet my bottom dollar.

of course, that makes him subject to bar sanctions were he to have answered a single business phone call while gacked.

i bet SBOT DC would love to administer a drug test given his history.

being on the Exec Committee, i think i should make a call.

Yeah.  Icono isn’t trolling.  He’s impaired.  Its sad. 

I owed a DE .50 once.  I put 100+ rounds through it.  It sucks, especially if you’re left handed because your hand has a tendency to catch on the slide release while firing.  It weighs a ton and has no practical purpose.

I ended up trading it in for a Roland Special Glock 19 (minus the tactical light because it’s dumb).

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Over 40 indicted, connected to white supremacist street gang

sarah.barrypaschal.operationvanillagoril

https://www.wrdw.com/content/news/Over-40-indicted-connected-to-white-supremacist-street-gang-500862391.html

SAVANNAH, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) -- More than 40 people connected to a criminal street gang have been indicted and are facing federal charges. 

Officials say 43 men and women associated with the street gang, Ghost Face Gangsters have been indicted for a multitude of drug offenses involving trafficking methamphetamine, cocaine, and heroin. 

The indictments follow after the combined efforts of state and local agencies cooperated in an investigation called Operation Vanilla Gorilla. 

The indictment alleges that the drug trafficking started in 2015 operating in Bryan, Chatham, Effingham, Emmanuel, Evans, and Tattnall Counties. 

Officials say the Ghost Face Gangsters are known as a white-supremacist street gang whose drug operations took place from inside prisons and with other criminal street gangs.

Currently, there are 43 defendants charged, and 41 are in custody awaiting further court proceedings.

Charges against the defendants are as follows: 

25 counts alleging the possession of controlled substances with intent to distribute; 18 counts alleging the unlawful distribution of controlled substances; 25 counts alleging prohibited persons (drug users and/or felons) in possession of firearms and/or ammunition; one count alleging the unlawful possession of a prohibited weapon – a sawed-off rifle; one count alleging the possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number; 10 counts alleging the possession of controlled substances, including methamphetamine, heroin, crack cocaine, marijuana, and prescription pills; and, 2 counts alleging the possession of counterfeit currency.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Siap

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/19/proud-boys-fbi-classification-extremist-group-white-nationalism-report

The FBI now classifies the far-right Proud Boys as an “extremist group with ties to white nationalism”, according to a document produced by Washington state law enforcement.

The FBI’s 2018 designation of the self-confessed “western chauvinist group” as extremist has not been previously made public.

On 11/8/2018 at 12:49 PM, Bama Chick said:

Dude, you’re still doing it.

You’re the weak gazelle on the savanna with a pack of lions on the horizon.

You’re the dork in gym class circulating a petition about the unfairness of the school yard pick.

You’re the RA in the dorm posting a xeroxed manifesto about the disrespect of the wrong kind of trash in the recycle bins.

You’re the cubicle drone sending an email addressed to ALL about cliques at the office potlucks.

In short, you’re the annoying, whiny, awful person at everyone’s office/homeowner’s association/clubhouse/block party/class that everyone can’t even stand to see raise his hand because they know what follows is going to be a utterly useless bitchmade rant.

It’s not the message; it’s the messenger.

You busted on this board with your dumb hot takes that educated people knew were ill-informed horseshit and when you got called out, you dug in and tried to make yourself some kind of martyr. Then you started the most big baby thread I’ve ever seen posted here.

And now you’ve shown you cannot roll with the punches and can’t take any criticism at all and you can’t let anything go. You’ve made yourself a target and a punching bag.

There’s no coming back from the hole you’ve dug for yourself.

Good lord, have some self respect.

A little late at the pace of this board, but good lord...

RespectfulViciousArmadillo-size_restrict

Edited by Goredho

1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Siap

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/19/proud-boys-fbi-classification-extremist-group-white-nationalism-report

The FBI now classifies the far-right Proud Boys as an “extremist group with ties to white nationalism”, according to a document produced by Washington state law enforcement.

The FBI’s 2018 designation of the self-confessed “western chauvinist group” as extremist has not been previously made public.

I was reading a thread over on texags and one poster said that he can’t figure out why it’s wrong to be a white nationalist. And others SUPPORTED the sentiment. We are at a dangerous point in our history if this is being pushed on a mainstream site without being shouted down anymore. 

12 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I was reading a thread over on texags and one poster said that he can’t figure out why it’s wrong to be a white nationalist. And others SUPPORTED the sentiment. We are at a dangerous point in our history if this is being pushed on a mainstream site without being shouted down anymore. 

We will be in a dangerous place if texags actually becomes a mainstream site. It’s not. Remember that the aggy students rallied pretty well when Richard Spencer appeared there in ‘16, and they made the right call the next year cancelling the WLM event. Texags is for the fanatical redasses longing for a return to a glory day that never existed. So, naturally it attracts the racist and racist-adjacent minority of their alumni. 

• Like 1