B12 OFFICIALS SUUUUUUUUCK

LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I think calling a personal foul on doing the horns down is fucking weak as hell. And then their LT got tossed for a light shove? I don't care if we benefited from those calls. Because you know the refs at that time is going to make the game about them. 

Rules need to be more clear on excessive celebration & taunting.....

Agree WVU OL being kicked out probably wrong call by Ref..... Give kid unsportsmanlike penalty, and if he commits another unsportsmanlike penalty he's automatically ejected....

• Like 1

Agree WVU OL being kicked out probably wrong call by Ref..... Give kid unsportsmanlike penalty, and if he commits another unsportsmanlike penalty he's automatically ejected....

He did on back to back plays. That’s why they tossed him. I’m at the game and didn’t see, wtf did he do?

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Was that his first personal foul of the game? It had to have been, right? Yes I agree with calling the flag but not to eject him.

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

The horns down should not have been penalized but the ol took a step and the a punch as the other guy was walking away after the play was over. He deserved the flag. They should call that kind of stuff that tight more often. 

The horns down should not have been penalized but the ol took a step and the a punch as the other guy was walking away after the play was over. He deserved the flag. They should call that kind of stuff that tight more often. 

Its taunting. Should be automatic call every time.
  • Like 1

One slow change I have seen that's baffling, defense called for offsides for moving.  Used to be offense had to get set, defense could move at will as long as they weren't in the neutral zone or do something to draw the offense offsides like simulate a snap count.  Makes sense, offense knows the count, defense doesn't.  

Now you see a defense guy flinch but reset and gets called for offsides.  Watched WSU defense shift down the line and get called for drawing a false start.   But watching NW and dome, NW defender jumps but gets back, tackle moves and it's false start.   

That has become arbitrary and unevenly enforced.  

Defensive holding on a run play while engaged in a double team.  WTF.  

The officiating in the B12 is atrocious, instead of invisibly calling a game they appear to think they are part of the spotlight and want more stage time.  PAC is hardly better.   Between the officiating, the absurd round robin with a rematch, and all the shitty teams we have to play every year I'm ready to move on somewhere else. 

14 minutes ago, elguapo said:

What about the sack that was called horse collar when horse collar on QB in the pocket doesn’t exist?

I’ll be damned, I didn’t know that. 

Looked up the rule:

All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside back collar of the shoulder pads or jersey, the area, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, and immediately pulling the ball carrier down. This does not apply to a ball carrier, including a potential passer, who is inside the tackle box.

4 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

This one made me want to break things. Literally spending three minutes to find a way to deny the fist down and we end up getting zero points and lose by one. Fuck this shit. 

I screamed, "FUCK YOU!" at the top of my lungs when they made the call. Women and children were sitting near me. I did not care.

That was some horseshit of the highest order.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hornian said:

I’ll be damned, I didn’t know that. 

Looked up the rule:

All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside back collar of the shoulder pads or jersey, the area, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, and immediately pulling the ball carrier down. This does not apply to a ball carrier, including a potential passer, who is inside the tackle box.

they completely forgot the rule.  probably because they are so fucking worried about protecting the QB like he's made of glass.  Herman should have been all over their shit AGAIN on that.

they completely forgot the rule.  probably because they are so fucking worried about protecting the QB like he's made of glass.  Herman should have been all over their shit AGAIN on that.

Would be nice to have an assistant or two with a rulebook and walk out there to teach the referees their jobs.

6 hours ago, Llogg said:

A UT dlineman threw a punch the series before that & wasn’t even flagged.

7 hours ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

All refs need to be drug out of the stadium and shot

I'm not even advocating for violence against these blind, on-the-take, self-important idiots, but one day an over-served, well armed fan is going to make good on a threat.   They aren't impartial officials anymore.  They are influencing the outcome of SO many games.  And, on top of that, they are just BAD.  Every single crew.  Ask almost any team in the Big 12... except maybe OSU.  T. Boone still buys the Thanksgiving turkey and mails in their Christmas bonus.

The taunting rules specifically state that a player may not point the ball at an opposing player.  Grier was doing exactly that before he crossed the goal line making it a live ball foul.  He should have been flagged for that instead of "Horns Down."  I think it is stupid to flag for Horns Down.  I think of it as a badge of honor.  Have never seen anyone flash a thumbs down or guns down during a game.

6 minutes ago, Noah Fence said:

The taunting rules specifically state that a player may not point the ball at an opposing player.  Grier was doing exactly that before he crossed the goal line making it a live ball foul.  He should have been flagged for that instead of "Horns Down."  I think it is stupid to flag for Horns Down.  I think of it as a badge of honor.  Have never seen anyone flash a thumbs down or guns down during a game.

Uhh... a Texas player was flagged for "holstering" the guns against TT a few years back. 

• Like 1