B12 OFFICIALS SUUUUUUUUCK

LTtxfan

25 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I don’t understand how the onside kick play, a game changing play, is not reviewed.  

I don’t understand why we didn’t challenge the play? 

Hell i didn’t even know there still was a challenge in college until Kansas challenges it

Would a review even do anything there? The ball disappeared under a pile of bodies. What video evidence would reverse it? There was none. I don't see how a review could have gotten that right.

They just needed to reward the ball to the team who recovered the ball and not just randomly to another team for no reason.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I’m no expert on details of the rules. I read rule 6 regarding kickoffs as well as the interpretations regarding that rule, though, and I saw no mention of a penalty for batting the kick forward. Is it somewhere else?

Batting a loose ball is ten yards from the result.  But I'm pretty sure it is enforced as a loose ball penalty.  We should have had the ball 10 yards back from the bat.  There is no rekick.  Same thing as batting out a fumble for a safety/touchback.  The play stands.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Would a review even do anything there? The ball disappeared under a pile of bodies. What video evidence would reverse it? There was none. I don't see how a review could have gotten that right.

They just needed to reward the ball to the team who recovered the ball and not just randomly to another team for no reason.

There was clear evidence that the first guy didn't have possession of the ball. After that, it was clear that we had the ball at the bottom on the pile.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

There was clear evidence that the first guy didn't have possession of the ball. After that, it was clear that we had the ball at the bottom on the pile.

Exactly.  The review would have shown that Kansas never had possession.  Although Valmy's point remains-- if they'd simply awarded possession to the team that recovered possession, instead of making up shit out of thin air, they would have gotten it right without any need for review.

2 hours ago, Hellraiser97 said:

The real question is why do we suck against inside kicks so much? How many have been recovered against us this year? It's got to be close to 50%. I remember onsides kicks being like a hail Mary, occasionally works but just a desperation play. I'd pick them against us every time.

And Humphrey had no one between him and the end one on that recovery. He could have been in the endzone, not that it mattered but would have been a nice fuck you.

I do not like OU

Special teams has been poor all around.

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

This is what was just bizarre to me.  They had no problem stopping the flow of play and spent a lot of time reviewing meaningless outcomes, but the ones that really mattered-- like that Texas recovery-- got zero attention from the officials.  I mean, maybe it's worth a second look when, after the pile clears,  Texas players are holding the ball? 

I don’t think you can review a recovery.

4 hours ago, utee94 said:

i was told just a couple of weeks ago that in college the challenge no longer existed.  Then Kansas did it today.  Why the fuck hasn't out coaching staff been screaming bloody murder and demaning challenges all season, then?  It's mind-bottling.

whoever told you no challenge is an idiot, hell Ive seen 3 challenges today already. 

Texas, being Texas, takes the contrarian view of challenges.  Herman has been quoted before saying something to the effect that, (paraphrasing) "all the calls are reviewed anyway, so why waste a timeout on a challenge because it would only matter if the replay booth saw it themselves" and thats why he has said he wont use one. 

in short, hes fucking mensa. dont question the man behind the gree curtain. 

That blocking out of bounds call was definitely a game changer and atrocious call.  That said, someone level the stadium and do the world a favor.

You have to call that. Dude was Blindsiding the guy into the benches. I think it was a delayed call because backside judges had to confer what they saw.
  • Like 3

Yea the WVU guy was so fucking stupid there he managed to outsuck the Big 12 refs. 

Now the targeting horseshit....that is simply inexcusable tomfuckery and their " we looked at it and didn't think it looked close enough to really review" was even worse.

Again would love for them to have to make that statement publicly facing the media post game and then have a reporter ask "ok so then how exactly do you explain the game ending concussion?"

Edited by Surly Bevo

The motive is pretty clear on all thes questionable calls...

-WVU game: measure and Sam has the first down. Better review it now...Oh whatta ya know, no first down. If the original measurement was short, do you think there's a review?

- TTU game: BJ may have intercepted the ball in the end zone, which would have prevented FG and subsequent successful onside kick and Tech TD...no review.  

-TTU game: very iffy sideline catch by Vasher, both on a catch/no catch and inbounds/ out of bounds basis. No review,  can't disrupt the offensive rhythm 

I'm sure there are plenty of other examples of very significant plays that could benefit Texas not being reviewed,  and shit that hardly mattered being scrutinized ad nauseum to look for shit that isn't there 

Fuck this conference 

29 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Was watching at a party, but I thought the Kansas player also touched the ball before it went 10 yards. Did I see that wrong?

Yeah but that call is hard to spot. They missed it, but forgivable. The possession fuckup though was gross incompetence. 

So I guess in a review they might have spotted the KU player touching the ball though.

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah but that call is hard to spot. They missed it, but forgivable. The possession fuckup though was gross incompetence. 

So I guess in a review they might have spotted the KU player touching the ball though.

Didn't we touch it first?  I had a fair amount to drink, so could be wrong. 

My only ask for the ou game is nothing egregious call wise that swings the game. 

For years we've been arguing that when we beat them and they go undefeated after, people always assume they're the better team and we were a fluke.  Same thing happened this year and we have a chance to prove what we've always believed. 

If we lose, we lose.  I don't think we will, but if they line up and beat us I can live with it (barely). If we lose bc the refs are clearly calling the game to get them into the playoffs, I hope we announce our intent to leave this conference the same day.

Just let us play the damn game and let the winner win. 

16 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

That blocking out of bounds call was definitely a game changer and atrocious call.  That said, someone level the stadium and do the world a favor.

How exactly is that a bad call? If you look up unnecessary roughness in the dictionary, there is a gif of that play. He rode the guy into the bench. 

Edited by Newy25

So what do you think about this scenario:  You pick a Big XII game and you get to sit in a living room with the entire officiating crew from that game, watching the game film and you have a coach's clicker.  You get to ask any question and they have to answer.

How much would you pay for that privilege? 

I'm thinking low four figures for me.

(Donations to benefit the Foundation for the Blind and Texas MHMR)

11 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

My only ask for the ou game is nothing egregious call wise that swings the game. 

For years we've been arguing that when we beat them and they go undefeated after, people always assume they're the better team and we were a fluke.  Same thing happened this year and we have a chance to prove what we've always believed. 

If we lose, we lose.  I don't think we will, but if they line up and beat us I can live with it (barely). If we lose bc the refs are clearly calling the game to get them into the playoffs, I hope we announce our intent to leave this conference the same day.

Just let us play the damn game and let the winner win. 

Good luck with that Bro.  Especially given a win now and they're prob in the playoffs.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

40 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

So what do you think about this scenario:  You pick a Big XII game and you get to sit in a living room with the entire officiating crew from that game, watching the game film and you have a coach's clicker.  You get to ask any question and they have to answer.

How much would you pay for that privilege? 

I'm thinking low four figures for me.

(Donations to benefit the Foundation for the Blind and Texas MHMR)

tenor.gif?itemid=4457028

IIRC, the ref on the right side of the screen (back judge) was motioning Kansas' way as soon as the guy apperently made the recovery.  Whether we ended up with the ball after the scrum or not (which we did), the ref had already pointed usually meaning the other refs will give up on actually making the correct call and/or contradicting it.

46 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Hey so who is going to officiate the game in GloryHole stadium? Also, at 11am, will we avoid the sun directly in the eyes of players deal with that dumbfuck stadium orientation?

This would make the coin toss and choosing which side of the field a bigger factor than it usually is.  

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 7:03 PM, Nope said:

Happens all the time

a onside kick is a live ball until someone possesses it. no one possessed it.  a review of whether the ball was recovered in the field of play is allowed or where it was recovered.  the ruling of who recovered can not be reviewed.

a fumble by a player is a loose ball.  it was possessed at some point. if the ball is blown dead but upon review it was actually loose then the question of a clear recovery by the opposing team can be reviewed.

in other words there has to be something other than team A was ruled to have recovered but it looks like team B recovered to force a review.

that said the ref made a shitty call way to early because he got excited about what he thought he saw.  this shit happens all the time because they are human.  not surprising he was coming in from the KU sideline that was probably yelling "we got it, we got it" when the KU player grabbed at it initially.

6 hours ago, Zavala said:

Hey so who is going to officiate the game in GloryHole stadium? Also, at 11am, will we avoid the sun directly in the eyes of players deal with that dumbfuck stadium orientation?

Sun may be a factor in the 4th or OT. If I had to speculate on the crew it will probably be Guns Defree.

th?id=OIP.zB4C7QUXvOC1vRqxCZ7pEgHaE8

5 hours ago, RPM said:

Sun may be a factor in the 4th or OT. If I had to speculate on the crew it will probably be Guns Defree.

th?id=OIP.zB4C7QUXvOC1vRqxCZ7pEgHaE8

Well, at least we got there. This steroid turd is the worst. They interviewed kyler Murray for Monday night football I think the script is all set.