Random Tires doing random tire things

mulletpelini

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I almost contributed to this thread. Oddly enough I repacked the bearings a few months ago and I have put probably 500 miles on it since.

I had to go get a four wheeler in dallas, about a 5 hour RT. The last 20 minutes of my drive I felt vibration and stopped. Got on a backroad and finished the drive at 15 mph. The spindle looks fine.

70131c5fc1ab0372250d9b4070a84454.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

why in the world aren't wet bearings more widely used?   Heavy trucks use them, I had a boat trailer that had them.  They're terrific. 

They’ve been around for at least 20 years. I heard they aren’t great on boats though. No idea why.

Wet is expensive so most trailers with the assembly will be grease unless ordered.

4 minutes ago, markstanco said:

They’ve been around for at least 20 years. I heard they aren’t great on boats though. No idea why.

Wet is expensive so most trailers with the assembly will be grease unless ordered.

a lot longer than 20 years.  My Dad had a '73 International and it had wet bearings (on the front axle).  That was the oldest truck that I remember working on.  All of the stuff newer than that had them.  All the trailers too (end dumps and bottom dumps). 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking at that stupid fucking lifted white truck it looks like wheel offset alone probably wasn't enough to make it look sufficiently stupid for the stupid fucking owner, so they probably added wheel spacers into the mix to achieve the desired douche level, which clearly overwhelmed their mechanical aptitude. Fuck that guy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Looking at that stupid fucking lifted white truck it looks like wheel offset alone probably wasn't enough to make it look sufficiently stupid for the stupid fucking owner, so they probably added wheel spacers into the mix to achieve the desired douche level, which clearly overwhelmed their mechanical aptitude. Fuck that guy. 

In no the world of lifted trucks, that one actually didn’t seem that egregious to me. Seems like I see a dozen similar ones daily.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Certainly could be a repost as the date stamp says 2017, but a good head seeking tire vid is still a good head seeking tire vid.  Not seeing the sex though.

That's definitely one I posted before, but it's still awesome.