Prediction thread: When do we abandon Surly Horns?

Jive Turkey

5 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

I joined the 360 board in 1996 and left in 1999 for Hornfans.

Then I left Hornfans for Shaggy in December 2008.

Now I've left Shaggy for Surly in March 2018.

So I'm guessing this place will be gone in 9-10 years.  That's about the shelf life for a UT message board.

yeah

32 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

When you pry my cold dead hands off my phone on the toilet. 

15 minutes ago, Paco said:

I read this post on my phone whilst sitting on the toilet, so this hits close to home

I'm abandoning ship right now, if you know what I mean.

Edited by Snacks
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Not sure how long message boards will really be a popular thing. The next generation of middle aged white men should devise a better platform if they haven't already.

The next "better" platform was reddit-style discussion threads, with up voting and such. However that doesn't seem to work all that well for college football discussion, as message boards have retained their dominance for many of the most engaged fanatics, such as ourselves. I would guess that message boards will continue to evolve and remain a thing for quite some time. They've lasted two decades now, which is a very long time in internet years. The Shag lasted a long time in internet years, too. Here's hoping Surly will live at least as long.

Edited by SimkinsMan

10 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

So I'm guessing this place will be gone in 9-10 years.  That's about the shelf life for a UT message board.

When Harris County District Court enjoins this site from continued existence upon application by Morgan's company, based on the assertion that Blacklab purposefully destroyed the Shag before having to hand it over to Morgan.

4 hours ago, Bartles said:

Not sure how long message boards will really be a popular thing. The next generation of middle aged white men should devise a better platform if they haven't already.

What would that be? The Reddit format sucks mucho ass, and Facebook will be lawsuited into oblivion in a few years (simply for using the business model they've always had, world's largest data mining operation) 

I see online forums actually making a comeback..

11 minutes ago, ousux said:

What would that be? The Reddit format sucks mucho ass, and Facebook will be lawsuited into oblivion in a few years (simply for using the business model they've always had, world's largest data mining operation) 

I see online forums actually making a comeback..

They should’ve used Xenforo for the new shaggy. 

56 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

When Harris County District Court enjoins this site from continued existence upon application by Morgan's company, based on the assertion that Blacklab purposefully destroyed the Shag before having to hand it over to Morgan.

I'm kinda waiting for this move. Dickheads never stop.

latest?cb=20150830031720

These things gotta happen every five years or so, ten years. Helps to get rid of the bad blood. Been ten years since the last one. You know, you gotta stop them at the beginning. Like they should have stopped Hitler at Munich, they should never let him get away with that, they was just asking for trouble

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Sounds like you might be the problem. 

14 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

And sweet tea and SEC crap.

Don’t be knocking sweet tea. 

1 hour ago, DougO said:

Which sticks around longer?

A. Surlyhorns

B. Black Box Barbecue

C. Fitlump's service dog

D. The new Star Trek series

Surlyhorns or the Star Trek series.

Tax time comes at least once a year and Fitlump's dog is already plotting its escape or suicide. But maybe the mole can tell us more.