The Beto Effect - How To Lose Elections and Influence Nothing

tantric superman

People shat on him for his "no guns at all" flex in his failed presidential run (and the decision to run in itself was also a source of catching shit). It felt justified at the time, even though I understood where he was coming from given that he holds the community of El Paso so dear. And people called his gubernatorial bid DOA for the same "guns guns guns" reason.

But now I sense a shift in the winds, even in Texas. The thought of their own kids possibly dying, and the cops being impotent against the threat no matter how much funding they get, no matter how many toys they have, no matter how many "active shooter" exercises the do, no matter how many IHOP discounts there are, no matter how many thin blue line decals we have....this seems to stir up the apolitical moderates who usually sit these things out.

Now we have to see if this sentiment is sustained or if it blows over. Judging by the NRA rally they are banking on this whole thing blowing over and becoming a non-factor by November.

For me, personally, I think it's too early to tell if it will blow over. If there's anything I can do to keep the momentum alive, I want to do it.

• Hook 'Em 7

6 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

People shat on him for his "no guns at all" flex in his failed presidential run (and the decision to run in itself was also a source of catching shit). It felt justified at the time, even though I understood where he was coming from given that he holds the community of El Paso so dear. And people called his gubernatorial bid DOA for the same "guns guns guns" reason.

But now I sense a shift in the winds, even in Texas. The thought of their own kids possibly dying, and the cops being impotent against the threat no matter how much funding they get, no matter how many toys they have, no matter how many "active shooter" exercises the do, no matter how many IHOP discounts there are, no matter how many thin blue line decals we have....this seems to stir up the apolitical moderates who usually sit these things out.

Now we have to see if this sentiment is sustained or if it blows over. Judging by the NRA rally they are banking on this whole thing blowing over and becoming a non-factor by November.

For me, personally, I think it's too early to tell if it will blow over. If there's anything I can do to keep the momentum alive, I want to do it.

Nope.  See, some of those cops were brown.  Case closed!

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/26/2022 at 10:57 PM, Bullneck said:

Solutions he offers:

1. Stop selling AR15s, or raise the minimum age limit

2. Universal background checks

3. Red Flag laws

4. Safe Storage laws

I'm ok with every one of those, although I have no desire to buy any more guns than the 5 I have now.  Would be nice if the news played this clip for people to see. 

• Hook 'Em 6

58 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Solutions he offers:

1. Stop selling AR15s, or raise the minimum age limit

2. Universal background checks

3. Red Flag laws

4. Safe Storage laws

I'm ok with every one of those, although I have no desire to buy any more guns than the 5 I have now.  Would be nice if the news played this clip for people to see. 

retweet and post. everybody, please stand up.

now is our time.

• Hook 'Em 9

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

It all just pisses me off more than I can imagine. Abbot is spineless. Literally. Same with the rest of the GQP cocksuckers running this state and the fucking aggys that vote for em, but figuratively. Abbot somehow fits both. Everything about Beto screams “I’m a real human being. I feel your pain. I hate this. I’m sick of this. I want to try something. Anything.

They wanted war. From the war on drugs to the war on Christmas to war on freedom(….? Whatever the fuck that means. Didn’t realize not allowing safe and legal abortions while a 5 year old can by an AR-15 is a war on freedom) to the actual fucking bull shit wars HW and W threw us in. Fuck it. Let’s give them war. And Beto is the hero Democrats need but don’t deserve at this time.

Let him loose. I don’t care if(when…) he loses the governors race. Fly him all over the country to wherever the fuck the GQP overlords are and have him walk up to the front row and let him go off on these fucking weasels. He’s a real fucking Texan. He actively looks for the solution and when some right wing fuckhead is doing what they’re trained to do, be right wing fuckheads, he confronts them and basically does the political version of image.gif.bb200947947ad5caac6c17e43b2bcc5c.gif

And it’s awesome. If the GQP gets to use the constitution as a pick their own pizza menu, at least get in their face about it. And not in a “excuse me!!! We have precedents set and we just can’t do that!!” Shit Democrats pull. More in a “oh bare knuckles, huh? Fuck it. Let’s go” way. Beto brings that. Unfortunately he’s too much of a real Texan and he has that evil (D) next to his name. 

You see, THIS IS INTERESTING WRITING!  This is what you should be bringing!  

• Hook 'Em 5

31 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

From what I understand, if your guns were dildos then you could legally own one more. For guns you can own as big of an arsenal as you want. 

Now so what if I get a dildo lug and strap one on where a bayonet should go. Is that a legal grey area that allows for infinite dildos? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Eat a bag of dicks. Who the fuck are you anyway?

The fact that you defend this is idiot who can’t beat Abbott is hilarious. With the shit show of a job that Joe Biden has done in 17 months, it going to be hard for any democrat to win, let alone an Irish guy who thinks by using a Mexican nickname will help him politically. 

I would be happy to wager a bet that Beto loses to a Governor in a wheelchair. 

• Fuck You 10

13 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

The fact that you defend this is idiot who can’t beat Abbott is hilarious. With the shit show of a job that Joe Biden has done in 17 months, it going to be hard for any democrat to win, let alone an Irish guy who thinks by using a Mexican nickname will help him politically. 

Yeah keep getting mad at Beto and not the people who's rules and insistence on nonsense result in little children being gunned down. It's a really good look and makes total logical sense. What great priorities.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

You seem soft.

Not at all. I find it funny that I simply stated my opinion, which will be fact in November, and the roaches came out of the closet to flip me off. I thought liberals preach tolerance? I was wrong. Oh well, have a great Memorial Day 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 6

1 minute ago, Harvdog said:

Not at all. I find it funny that I simply stated my opinion, which will be fact in November, and the roaches came out of the closet to flip me off. I thought liberals preach tolerance? I was wrong. Oh well, have a great Memorial Day 

You know who isn't having a nice Memorial day? People in Uvalde, Texas. 

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

You got your reaction. I'm sure it'll make for a great story about how you totally trolled those people online.

You seem really sweet and kind. But you can tell all your friends on Twitch or Discord how you really stuck to someone who disagrees with you. 🥂 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

Tribe over dead kids.

Sincerely

Harvdog

• Rage+1 2

For only the second time in UT polling, but the second time in less than a year, a majority of Texans say the state of Texas is on the wrong track Thirty years of Republican rule have brought us to the brink. Is it any wonder Cruz is polling in the 30’s and Abbott in the 40’s?

Edited by Satchel
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

You said "Fuck Beto."

Great, reasoned opinion fuckbag.

And now you're whinging about not being treated with tolerance and being flipped off.

JFC.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

You said "Fuck Beto."

And now you're whinging about not being treated with tolerance and being flipped off.

JFC.

Just another Republican snowflake…

• Haha 2

Cry more, pussy
  • Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

You said "Fuck Beto."

JFC.

-make a post with the intention to rile people up

-get told to fuck off

-cry about being told to fuck off

It's getting old.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Nope. Not a Republican. I just think Beto is a moron and going to lose. 

Cool man, your opinion is well established. You've brought nothing of substance that can be discussed. What are you doing?

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Wanna tell us how Biden has been a disaster or how Beto is a moron? 

Name one piece of legislation that Beto had passed that wasn’t changing the name of a courthouse that benefitted the people of Texas?  The only smart thing he did was marry in to a wealthy family.  He couldn’t use his fake name to beat Ted Cruz, who is universally hated, and Greg Abbott who is also hated.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  Even with his fake name, all the pandering, all the Hollywood money and the MSM media in his corner, he couldn’t win either election.  He’s the democrats Clayton Williams.

Biden is simple.  Whatever he decides, do the opposite.  Obama only picked him because he wanted the moderate white vote and knew Biden could deliver that. Biden was against the raid to kill OBL.  He was the author of the crime bill that locked up more minorities.  

As President he’s made some decisions that are killing Americans:

First was his decision to halt oil and gas leases on federal land.  That has had the biggest affect on the price of gas in the US.  To try and dispel this, NPR wrote this fluff piece:

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/28/1076281662/federal-judge-canceled-gulf-oil-and-gas-leases-climate-change

Word trickery.  A lease is the first step. Then the drilling permit.  I don’t have the facts at hand to say whether Biden is outpacing trump in permits or not but I do know that zero onshore leases on federal lands have been awarded under Biden. It takes 140 days to get a federal drilling permit. Takes 2 days for a Texas drilling permit in private land. 

Biden did hold an offshore auction last year, but only after they were ordered by a federal judge to resume auctions.  It may have been the “largest” auction in terms of potential leases offered, but it wasn’t the largest in terms of leases awarded.  Main reason people weren’t interested was the ridiculously high “social cost of carbon” at $51/ton as developed under Obama, reduced to $7 under Trump, and back to $51 under Biden. A federal judge recently issued an injunction preventing Biden admin from using the $51.  

They will tell you that there are 9000 leases available to drill on.  Again, word trickery.  If there was oil available the oil companies would drill.  Now Biden to save face is claiming to renew leases on federal lands.  It’s about 20% of the acreage originally planned, and they are raising the royalty from 12.5% to 19%.  summary: step in right direction, small acreage, less profitable for drillers. Biden sold out to the environmentalists and this is the result.  Once you raise the cost of fuel, all good go up.  If green was sustainable and we could use it, don’t you think we would?  

Biden could reverse this and it would take 6-8 months for production to come back and the prices to drop.  He can’t do that because of his base.  So he throws out fluff like “Tapping the federal reserve”. It does nothing.  The US consumes 17M barrels a day.  1M isn’t shit.  Trump tried to buy out the state of Texas in 2020 to replenish our reserve and was blocked by Chuck Schumer and the democrats in congress

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2020/03/13/trump-oil-strategic-reserve/

That would have been at $1 a barrel.  When Biden first hit the reserve it was done at an auction and wasn’t beneficial to anyone.  Only 2 companies bid and it was for 14M barrels, or almost 1 day of consumption.  The cost was $2.50 a barrel and companies had to replace 10% back. It was bullshit.

Biden allowed the Nord Stream 2 online. This gave Putin the power and $$$ he needed to invade Ukraine.  Eastern and Western Europe were told not to do it.  They did.  Now where are they?  They are at the mercy of a madman who is killing the innocent people in Ukraine.  If Biden would repeal his executive order, we could strangle Putin and end the war in Ukraine.  He won’t. That would also stop OPEC from being the cartel they are.

I won’t even get into the southern border.

Does this suffice?

• Fuck You 5

• immamac changed the title to The Beto Effect - How To Lose Elections and Influence Nothing