The Beto Effect - How To Lose Elections and Influence Nothing

tantric superman

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

And not just randomly.  Every day.  All day.  That is the ONLY way we win this.  CALL THESE MOTHERFUCKERS TO THEIR FACES WHAT THEY ARE.  As I sit here on an internet message board, I know that rings hollow.  I'll try and follow my own advice.  Luckily, I live in Austin, so I don't see the opportunity that often and I am not very good at constraining my emotions, so it's probably for the best.

But I will do my best to call out these awful people if I am in their presence and try not to get arrested.  

My brother lives in Austin, he's an asshole's asshole.

On 7/31/2022 at 11:36 PM, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

That guy looks chock full of fresh ideas to spearhead America into the future that he'll be around for to take responsibility in the unlikely event his ideas don't work out. 

A Good Square Day's Work for a Hard Meal Jest Like My Pappy Said.

2 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Just bought my Beto shirt. Too bad they don't sell one that says "It may be funny to you, but it's not funny to me."

I give it a week before the GOP has shirts with his photo saying that (in regards to their gun)

Beto is only person on Dem side that I’ve seen get a following that even approximates a mini Trump rally.  While I wouldn’t condone the demagoguery (word?), I also don’t think he is going for that.  In fact, there is an earnestness with him that is palpable (and unfortunately, can be used against him as naïveté).  He has his flaws and I hope he continues to focus on serving Texas and puts national aspirations aside.  But I am struck that there is something different about this campaign vs  his prior campaigns and Wendy Davis’ run.   There is enough, “I don’t give a shit” that could be weirdly effective.  The debates will be interesting and he will need to do better than in 2018 and 2019. Abbott is a cruel fucking guy and a coward but he will come prepared.  Beto has the ability to fucking kneecap him on stage and make Greg feel it, and he has to do it.  There is nothing to lose.  He either loses by 4-8 points and so it goes in Texas or he changes the national electoral landscape.  

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Beto is only person on Dem side that I’ve seen get a following that even approximates a mini Trump rally.  While I wouldn’t condone the demagoguery (word?), I also don’t think he is going for that.  In fact, there is an earnestness with him that is palpable (and unfortunately, can be used against him as naïveté).  He has his flaws and I hope he continues to focus on serving Texas and puts national aspirations aside.  But I am struck that there is something different about this campaign vs  his prior campaigns and Wendy Davis’ run.   There is enough, “I don’t give a shit” that could be weirdly effective.  The debates will be interesting and he will need to do better than in 2018 and 2019. Abbott is a cruel fucking guy and a coward but he will come prepared.  Beto has the ability to fucking kneecap him on stage and make Greg feel it, and he has to do it.  There is nothing to lose.  He either loses by 4-8 points and so it goes in Texas or he changes the national electoral landscape.  

I am shockingly optimistic about this, but I know that will go away once reality slinks back in.

• Like 1

As a Texpatriate, Beto gets my support. Texas has descended into a dystopian reality that would be comical if real people were not in the line of fire. It is due for a correction before it is fully regarded as a joke. 

If I could ask one thing of Beto is that he stand with two feet on the ground when making a point. He presents as shifty when he wildly animates his words. The words get lost when the mind attempts to translate the gestures.  It is a small criticism and certainly not a substantive complaint. He is miles better than the alternative. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

As a Texpatriate, Beto gets my support. Texas has descended into a dystopian reality that would be comical if real people were not in the line of fire. It is due for a correction before it is fully regarded as a joke. 

Ummmm...

• Like 1

The MFer clip must be going viral enough to reach some conservative bubbles  because I’ve already seen one of my usual conservative dipshit friends posting a Beto meme about his youth arrests on Facebook.

Part of me really wants to publicly remind him that we were close friends in high school through our early twenties.  I’ve seen him drink and drive.  I’ve seen him do illegal drugs. We’ve committed some petty crimes together you fucking hypocrite.  We just didn’t get caught.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tom said:

The MFer clip must be going viral enough to reach some conservative bubbles  because I’ve already seen one of my usual conservative dipshit friends posting a Beto meme about his youth arrests on Facebook.

Part of me really wants to publicly remind him that we were close friends in high school through our early twenties.  I’ve seen him drink and drive.  I’ve seen him do illegal drugs. We’ve committed some petty crimes together you fucking hypocrite.  We just didn’t get caught.

It was on the front page of Reddit.  Sorting by controversial to see what mouth breathers gave to say were all pointing out how the AR is nothing like original M-16, the ammo is only middle of the size range for a rifle, it’s not the weapon it’s the user…all the usual flatty talking points.  

• Rage+1 1

Beto will be in Gainesville this Friday, and he’s speaking/rallying at the church I grew up in and where my parents are still members (and higher ups of some sort).  They are very, very excited and have been doing cleaning and touchups for over a week.  This church is one of the oldest Black churches in Gainesville and Cooke County. 

He’s great on video but seeing him in person is something special.

Tell your mama to get a hug from him.

A Beto hug is just the best.

Something about getting a hug from a super tall man is……

I’ll be in my bunk.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, RPM said:

This idiot has a front row seat. 

20220811_115512.jpg

You're telling me the guy with wraparound shades, a goatee, and who carries too much weight isn't a Beto fan? Don't you dare tell me that he drives a Dodge Ram.

Seriously, the "uniform" is so universal it's like the way that sorority sisters all dress the same.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to The Beto Effect - How To Lose Elections and Influence Nothing