The Beto Effect - How To Lose Elections and Influence Nothing

tantric superman

3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

How is it "porous" though? Seems like everyone is being apprehended. You're also ignoring the reality of the situation, which is that the vast majority of the fentanyl is coming through the ports. Are you saying that every shipment needs to be opened up Abbott-style? Do you want the supply chain to grind to a halt?

No, the number usually hovers from either 50% to 65% get caught, but those estimates are usually very conservative. The truth is that we really don’t know who is coming and going a lot of the time. There’s no need to grind it to a halt, we know that most of it is coming into San Diego from Mexico. Seems like it might be a good place to start. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

51 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

While Beto could come in and change things for the better, the last ten years of watching Texas football has taught me things can get much worse. He’s a complete unknown and I understand the voter’s reluctance here. 

Give me a fucking break. Like it would be worse than what Abbott and Patrick have already shown you. Texas is a fucked to place if these clowns are viewed as being the “safe” choice. 

53 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Imagine living in a state full of fattys, poes, iconos, treys, grus, and aggy (but I repeat myself) and thinking it's the Texas Democratic Party that's the problem. 

Imagine putting your hopes behind the absolute definition of a smarmy douchebag, then being surprised when people don’t want to associate their state with said douchebag.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

While Beto could come in and change things for the better, the last ten years of watching Texas football has taught me things can get much worse. He’s a complete unknown and I understand the voter’s reluctance here. 

So let me get this straight.  You would choose to keep Charlie Strong, because better to go with the devil you know than to make the change and roll the dice with Tom Herman? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

So let me get this straight.  You would choose to keep Charlie Strong, because better to go with the devil you know than to make the change and roll the dice with Tom Herman? 

I think Mack to Strong is considerably more apropos. 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

So, you DO understand how it works.  GQP voters do not believe in holding their elected officials or party responsible or accountable...AT ALL.  That's why they engage in the "fooling yourself" exercise of blaming Dems for everything bad in this state, even though the GQP has had complete and total control for well over a generation.  They might as well be blaming shit on the Whigs, but that's what they have to do to continue to believe the lies they tell themselves.

Oh, I get it, I am just frustrated that Beto still keeps trying to talk to them at an executive level rather than a lizard brain level.  

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Many people need someone to look down upon. And if the people below you are receiving “free” then pretty soon that person will have more than me.

The Right is also consumed by hypothetical fairness but if you point it back at them for any reason, you’re dismissed. Welfare recipient accidentally or intentionally lies to get more benefits, let’s ban them from benefits for life.  Brett Favre takes welfare money, then let’s give him an opportunity to pay it back, or can’t we just forget about it.

My mother doesn't need that person to look down upon.  She just needed a moment to reevaluate the influence of the hate machine.  She seems to have recovered a bit.   When I shared with her the length of time it took to do it the 'right way' she was a bit aghast.  Got to understand she is just one woman who is surrounded by propaganda chugging family members who spread lies all the time.   They are all political experts with a continuity that would make aggy jealous.  People who used to mock "flip-floppers" back in the day watch Tucker Carlson reverse course from one day to the next (Ukraine) and do so without a thought.  If the man on TV says it, it must be true.    

It is a lot like that russian tv discussion where Americans are morons, our weapons suck, our military sucks, our country is weak, and our tech is backwards, and our economy sucks.    Then they announce, well maybe we were not being real about that, but you will keep watching because what else do you have?  Nothing, so lets kick their ass with nukes!   I mean we have the biggest and bestest and America's nukes sucks and are built by morons, and they are too afraid to use them.  

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Even if this were the case, why is that not fair?  We should treat human beings like human fucking beings.  We should help people, especially people coming from war torn or otherwise hostile countries that are literally fleeing for their lives.  

Because some of her relatives needed social services to aid them.  She has the idea that it was a 'take care of our own first' mentality to her objection.   

No, the number usually hovers from either 50% to 65% get caught, but those estimates are usually very conservative. The truth is that we really don’t know who is coming and going a lot of the time. There’s no need to grind it to a halt, we know that most of it is coming into San Diego from Mexico. Seems like it might be a good place to start. 

You're saying fentanyl gets shipped to Westlake from San Diego, CA? How do you "know" any of that? I assume you are going to post a Breitbart link

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Imagine putting your hopes behind the absolute definition of a smarmy douchebag, then being surprised when people don’t want to associate their state with said douchebag.  

41 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol wut? Mack was one of the most successful college football coaches of the last 30 years. Abbott is an abject failure in every single way. There is literally nothing that he has improved.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Lol wut? Mack was one of the most successful college football coaches of the last 30 years. Abbott is an abject failure in every single way. There is literally nothing that he has improved.

Mack was leading one of the best teams in the nation for a decade, before he rested on his laurels.  The state of Texas is an economic powerhouse no matter how much some of its policies hurt your feels.  If you don’t think that can be stymied by the wrong leadership, I don’t know what to tell you.

Strong was a charismatic guy who had no real chops. Lots of hoping he could reenergize and bring something new in.  

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Imagine living in a state full of fattys, poes, iconos, treys, grus, and aggy (but I repeat myself) and thinking it's the Texas Democratic Party that's the problem. 

fucking this. so let's recap the logic here. the R party has been in control in Texas since 2002 and ever since there has been a "border crisis." and the solution for these pea brains is to continue electing the same people who have not been able to control the "border crisis?" someone make it make fucking sense

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Well, if you think being able to discriminate against gays and trans kids is an improvement, which many people apparently do, then there's something.  It's all about perspective, see?

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Mack was leading one of the best teams in the nation for a decade, before he rested on his laurels.  The state of Texas is an economic powerhouse no matter how much some of its policies hurt your feels.  If you don’t think that can be stymied by the wrong leadership, I don’t know what to tell you.

Strong was a charismatic guy who had no real chops. Lots of hoping he could reenergize and bring something new in.  

Baby Boomers Ok GIF by Originals

21 minutes ago, mchookem said:

Poe does not 'feel for' Beto bc he's 'unknown' and fatty does not really think he's going to win. 

come on now...

That would be one long ass troll no?  I’ve been on that since Huffines came in the picture and wheels went out of his lane, across the shoulder, and into the ditch.  I don’t troll.  I absolutely don’t have 12 month trolls. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

That would be one long ass troll no?  I’ve been on that since Huffines came in the picture and wheels went out of his lane, across the shoulder, and into the ditch.  I don’t troll.  I absolutely don’t have 12 month trolls. 

So you believe Beto will win but who do you want to win?

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Well, if you think being able to discriminate against gays and trans kids is an improvement, which many people apparently do, then there's something.  It's all about perspective, see?

Hate to break it to you. The same folks who hated and discriminated against gays and trans people now, hated them when Ann Richards was governor too.  

• Fuck You 1

51 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

You're saying fentanyl gets shipped to Westlake from San Diego, CA? How do you "know" any of that? I assume you are going to post a Breitbart link

San Diego is the largest distribution hub, so probably. But that’s the issue with a broken border, it could come through anywhere.  

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Abbott has overseen several mass shootings, the failure of our infrastructure and the downward trajectory of health care, and he helped kill Texans during the pandemic with his stupid bullshit.    He has all the talent of a head coach named Charlie Strong but not nearly as charismatic.  Oh, and the border issues, well he as done exactly fuckall about that except funnel money to some friends during his previous years.  

The reason people lack faith in government is because they keep voting for shitty people.  Ted Cruz argues with puppets.  Not just one puppet, but multiple puppets.  A sitting R senator from Texas has an argument with a puppet and you think 'well, he might be better than that other guy who seems to care about people, but fuck, I just can't vote for a real person, cause I am scared of what integrity looks like.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, fattyflattie said:

So will the next governor, and the one after that, and the one after that.  

Will they just stand by and do nothing?  The problem is too many doors right?  Where is the budget to redesign schools?  Oh, the problem is mental health? OK, how are you planning on dealing with this?  

Oh, wait, I know, we'll just send thought and prayers to the dead kids, their families, and blame the teachers for not carrying an M240 SAW to school.  

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Will they just stand by and do nothing?  The problem is too many doors right?  Where is the budget to redesign schools?  Oh, the problem is mental health? OK, how are you planning on dealing with this?  

Oh, wait, I know, we'll just send thought and prayers to the dead kids, their families, and blame the teachers for not carrying an M240 SAW to school.  

Dunno. I’ll be looking for your posts once it’s on Beto’s plate though. I’m certain it’ll be avoiding discussing how he not only didn’t prevent it, but blaming it on the failures of previous admins.  I guess instead of “doing nothing”, a fiery speech littered with expletives and a few crocodile tears mixed in will suffice as “doing something” for you.  

2 minutes ago, royiv said:

Are we talking about Ted Cruz?

Close. But more effeminate, somehow. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, butthurt said:

Interesting... It also looks like he stole my friend's 4y/o daughter's fishing technique.

Screenshot_20220407-162518_Twitter.jpg

You can bet your ass on one thing. Any that holds a rod like that damn sure did not cast out that open-faced reel without creating a backlash bird's nest. And since that reel is not backlashed, that means someone had to cast out Teddy's line for him. That shit is embarrassing for real Texans. 

Damn. Sawbonz beat me to it. I was so enraged I couldn't bother reading the rest of the responses before I posted. Tip of the hat to Sawbonz

• Hook 'Em 5

55 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Interesting. San Ysidro, Otay Mesa, Tecate, Andrade, and Calexico are port cities. Could’ve fooled me. 

So at least you acknowledge that the majority of drugs come through ports and official crossings, not illegals. So what would you suggest that we do about people crossing the border legally with drugs that we aren't already doing?

Edited by aggie08

49 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

So at least you acknowledge that the majority of drugs come through ports and official crossings, not illegals. So what would you suggest that we do about people crossing the border legally with drugs that we aren't already doing?

The majority of attempts occur at that particular point of entry. The largest loads actually come to the US through underground tunnels near Otay Mesa. Immigrants are often mules for the cartel, so they play a role as well. Albeit on a smaller scale. They need more personnel and paid informants, plus technology such as X-Ray machines.  

• Fuck You 1

The majority of attempts occur at that particular point of entry. The largest loads actually come to the US through underground tunnels near Otay Mesa. Immigrants are often mules for the cartel, so they play a role as well. Albeit on a smaller scale. They need more personnel and paid informants, plus technology such as X-Ray machines.  

So your concern is not the drugs.  It's the brown people migrating.  Just own it.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Dunno. I’ll be looking for your posts once it’s on Beto’s plate though. I’m certain it’ll be avoiding discussing how he not only didn’t prevent it, but blaming it on the failures of previous admins.  I guess instead of “doing nothing”, a fiery speech littered with expletives and a few crocodile tears mixed in will suffice as “doing something” for you.  

Close. But more effeminate, somehow. 

See this is the difference with us.  I am critical of bad actors or people making obvious wrong decisions.  I can disagree with people on 'my side' rather easily.  Hell, I am happy to see bad actors runoff.   We have some people taking clear advantage of their positions to make massive amounts of money on the market on the left.  They might do good 80% of the time, but that 20% presents a bit of a problem.  Because insider trading fucks over traders who lack the information.  It is not a harmless crime, the money doesn't just disappear.   It fucks over people like you, me, Brisket, Ttom, Nicole, and our parents, kids.  I despise her for this. 

But she is also not representing me and I cannot vote against her.  

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Nivek said:

See this is the difference with us.  I am critical of bad actors or people making obvious wrong decisions.  I can disagree with people on 'my side' rather easily.  Hell, I am happy to see bad actors runoff.   We have some people taking clear advantage of their positions to make massive amounts of money on the market on the left.  They might do good 80% of the time, but that 20% presents a bit of a problem.  Because insider trading fucks over traders who lack the information.  It is not a harmless crime, the money doesn't just disappear.   It fucks over people like you, me, Brisket, Ttom, Nicole, and our parents, kids.  I despise her for this. 

But she is also not representing me and I cannot vote against her.  

That's great, and I agree with you.  One of us has posted in regards to that in the last week or so.  My thoughts on it are already on this very site, in the Markets still falling like Whoa thread. 

• Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That's great, and I agree with you.  One of us has posted in regards to that in the last week or so.  My thoughts on it are already on this very site, in the Markets still falling like Whoa thread. 

Your thoughts were critical of Pelosi?

I'm shocked.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to The Beto Effect - How To Lose Elections and Influence Nothing