Enchubben

Google home and 3 home minis

Nest Hello Doorbell Camera

TP Link Wifi LED bulb on the front porch

Honeywell Wifi Thermostat

Dlink Web Cam (indoor)

Google Chromecast.

2 Fire TV Boxes/1Fire TV Stick/PS4 - PS Vue

/Another outdoor cam or two and sprinkler system is on the radar.

• Like 1

Google fiber and google Wifi mesh system

nest thermostats (2)

rheem smart water heater

Nest Hello

Ring floodlight cam

Sense electric monitor

2 amazon echos and 3 Amazon dots

PS4, 3 Rokus, a bunch of other toys like Nintendo switch and Roku sticks here and there.  

DTV Genie 2

philips Hue lights in media room

• 8 months later...

Too much and I need help.

I just bought an overly-connected smart home and need to figure it out.
It has like 5 Vera hubs throughout
Close to 100 Leviton z-wave smart switches
4 external IP cameras
2 Nest Hello doorbells (I put those in - the one thing I have control over)
3 Ecobee thermostats (older gen, at least 4+ yrs old) Soon to be 4 when basement reno done (will likely be Ecobee 3 lite to continue with the trend)
9 Sonos amps for audio throughout the home and outside
Whole-property wifi mesh network with 6 access points
Wifi connected pool/hot tub controls with their own touch screen panel
2 Schlage smart locks
1 Amazon Echo and another dot (I have had this for a while)
3 Amazon Fire TVs (One cube, one regular, one stick)
1 Google Home Hub and 2 home minis (I got this recently to play with)
2 in-wall iPads to control the various home automation apps

I think that's it so far - I am trying to learn about all of this stuff on the fly as I'm tech savvy to an extent, but it is too much.  I thought the smart home features sounded cool but now that I'm in ownership of them I realize the dude who put all this in went a bit too far.
Leading issue is that the smart switches are the wrong color, and the company used to make color change kits (need white, have cream) but they are impossible to find and I've checked multiple retailers.
Also the previous owner was a dick and therefore I can't reach out to get help w/ using his old settings for the smart hubs, etc.
The IP cameras work, but I'm trying to figure out how to make sure I'm the only one who has access to the feeds (I do have the passwords but haven't changed them from prev. owner, and not sure how - ditto for the URL to access the live feeds).

I wish I could find some sort of smart home guru to come help me figure this out and make sure I really have control of it all.

Any advice for learning about the IP cameras?  Vera has decent tech support that I have yet to call until I figure out the light switch situation (the wife's main concern is color/clashing and is happy to trash all of the Z wave switches for dumb switches for aesthetic purposes).  And if you know someone who can hunt down the color change kits for these Leviton Vizia rf+ switches I'd pay you a handsome reward.

• Like 1

Anyone (preferably in Houston area) using Insteon?  Trying to decide whether to have builder install Lutron Caseta light controls, or to wait and fiddle with something like Insteon after we move in.   In any event, want to go the smart switch route, rather than the smart bulb route.

We use the Niagara JACEs for our big networked jobs at work and one of my coworkers took one home and uses it to control his chicken feeder and other things in his chicken coop, among other things at his house.

As far as switches, I’m installing RF switches that can tie back to the hub and also control my shades as well as take commands from Alexa.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 11:32 PM, Anastasis said:

Current lay of the land:

Smartthings hub

Lutron caseta dimmers, switches, and fan controllers

Leak sensors in every shitter, and wet areas of the kitchen

ecobee thermostats x 2, sensors x4

phones operating as presence sensors

open/shut, motion, and garage overhead doors controlled through konnected

konnected takeover of all contact and motion sensors, feeding into smartthings

Ring cameras at doorbell, living room, and driveway

Next upgrades: garage door sensors, Rachio sprinkler control

From my duplicate thread in the other board.

Added the garage sensors, so I have full automation capabilities with open/shut detection and open/close.

Found a $100 rebate from LCRA, so about to order the Rachio.

But the biggest upgrade that I have been playing with over the past week is webCORE rules integration: https://www.webcore.co/

Much better rule making capabilities than IFTTT or the smartthings automations. Also found a way to integrate my echo to make announcements based on certain rules, e.g. wife's presence sensor detects home, alexa says "[wife] just arrived home", or if front door is open for more than 1 minutes, alexa says "the front door has been left open" and it shoots off a notification to my phone of same. 

Waiting for the tech to mature before jumping into a hub for the home and going to elocks.

Got 8 doors to the outside that would need locks plus two garage doors and I want them all to network together and I havent found anything that will do that yet. Last time I looked was 6 mo ago.

My main house computer became operational Jan 12, 1997 and I don't trust him with the doors.

Replacing all the bulbs wit led as they burn out. Want to replace the flourescents in the garage with the daisy chain shop lights to get a bunch more photonage in there.

On 3/22/2019 at 7:34 PM, MrPhlegm said:

Want to replace the flourescents in the garage with the daisy chain shop lights to get a bunch more photonage in there.

I replaced mine that I use for seed sprouting chile and tomato plants. Holy fucking hell they are some bright as mother fuckers. 

I was about to start a new thread about this in CYHMWT but figured I'd start here...

Can anyone help me with figuring out how to set up some of my home automation with a dynamic dns service? I have signed up for a DDNS service (no-ip) and somehow got it set up with my router, but now I'm trying to figure out how to use it with a few systems in the new house. In particular a network connected irrigation (sprinkler) system. I can access the irrigation system when I type in it's direct ip address when connected to my home network, but I can't figure out how to get it set up with DDNS to access from anywhere /my phone etc. Previous owner had this plus the ip cameras set up with a DDNS system that is now expired.

All resources I've found online have gotten me through the router set up but I can't get much further. And the kicker is that the irrigation system company is no longer in business so I can't call them (Irrigation Caddy).

• 2 weeks later...

I replaced mine that I use for seed sprouting chile and tomato plants. Holy fucking hell they are some bright as mother fuckers. 
Yes they are. I replaced a flourescent on the back porch of the rent house we were in and holy shit it was bright.
Lesson learned. Smart Dimmer switch does not work with LED flood light 
Ya gotta get a dimmable led.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Eero mesh system
4 Ring spotlight cameras
Ring Doorbell 2
Ring alarm system
2 Ring stick up cams
Sonos 1
2 Sonos Play 1’s
Sonos Soundbar and Sub
8 assorted Echo devices
Couple of smart plugs
4 rooms with Philips Hue bulbs
FireTV Cube
3 smart TV’s
2 robot vacuums (1 Roomba, 1 LG)
2 Harmony Elite remotes

My Eero dashboard shows 52 devices connected right now. Is that a lot? It feels like a lot.

• 3 months later...
On 3/16/2019 at 2:51 PM, Anastasis said:

Added the garage sensors, so I have full automation capabilities with open/shut detection and open/close.

hey @Anastasis care to expand on the smart garage setup? 1) what did you use? 2) what do you have/do you recommend your setup?

Edited by NoName

54 minutes ago, NoName said:

hey @Anastasis care to expand on the smart garage setup? 1) what did you use? 2) what do you have/do you recommend your setup?

So my install was pretty straightforward since I already had security system wires running from the electrical closet to both the garage door opener and to the wall next to the garage door.  I am using Konnected with smart things. 

1. Picked up one of these sensors from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GUSNQW/

2. Wire into Konnected as an open/close sensor.

3. Pick up this trigger relay switch. This closes the circuit on the garage door opener to open/close. https://konnected.io/products/1-channel-5v-relay-module-with-high-low-level-trigger

4. Wire in the switch to the konnected board and the garage door opener panel. 

Lots of different ways to get there, but I had already made decision to takeover my security system wiring with konnected, so this was a low cost solution ($25).  If you don't already have the security system wires running everywhere, you will have to look for something else.

Here is a more in depth tutorial.  I don't use the buzzer or the light, just the sensor and the relay. 

https://help.konnected.io/support/solutions/articles/32000022638-garage-door-hardware-setup 

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

So my install was pretty straightforward since I already had security system wires running from the electrical closet to both the garage door opener and to the wall next to the garage door.  I am using Konnected with smart things. 

1. Picked up one of these sensors from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GUSNQW/

2. Wire into Konnected as an open/close sensor.

3. Pick up this trigger relay switch. This closes the circuit on the garage door opener to open/close. https://konnected.io/products/1-channel-5v-relay-module-with-high-low-level-trigger

4. Wire in the switch to the konnected board and the garage door opener panel. 

Lots of different ways to get there, but I had already made decision to takeover my security system wiring with konnected, so this was a low cost solution ($25).  If you don't already have the security system wires running everywhere, you will have to look for something else.

Here is a more in depth tutorial.  I don't use the buzzer or the light, just the sensor and the relay. 

https://help.konnected.io/support/solutions/articles/32000022638-garage-door-hardware-setup 

dang, sadly i dont - going to keep looking but this sounds like an awesome system

• 6 months later...

So we’re in the process of moving and I’m uninstalling most of my stuff and taking inventory for how it’ll be used a the new place.  The only things I’m leaving is my August Door Bell Cam (it’s had so many issues and I drilled into the stone to mount it so it’s staying), my Rachio 3 Sprinkler System (no sprinklers at the new house and it was a pain to install) and the MyQ garage door opener (again big pain to swap).

2 Nest Thermostats with a few temp sensors 
2 Nest Protects (just bought, but adding more slowly replacing old ones) 
Nest Hello (just bought)
Nest Max Hub
4 Indoor Nest Cams (might add an outdoor one soon)
Nest WiFi with 3 extender points 
My Cloud WiFi backup, integrated with Apple Time Machine
~20 Hue Bulbs/Bridge
Hue Go (cannot recommend enough, just a great product)
Hue Bloom (got as gift not impressed) 
3 Apple TVs 
August Door Lock (adding a second one soon)  with Keypad/Bridge (way better than the Nest/Yale because it still has the option to use a key)
Half a dozen Wemo switches
and a Wemo Crockpot (don’t ask)

Looking for a good Smart Security System for the new place too, I’ve heard good thing about ADT’s new smart system and then their is the non wired options but was hoping for a recommendation.

29 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

ADT fucking sucks. They’re a terrible company.

How smart do you need it to be? Watch from phone, or alert notifications? How many cams? I’ve been looking at setups with an internal DVR. I like that better, and also knowing that if they cut the internet, it would still be recording.

I already have enough cams.  I need the alarm plus door and window sensors primarily (trying to see if I can rig something up with my August Lock which includes a door sensor) but I have 2 other doors and about 10 downstairs windows I’d like sensored too.  Looked at Nest since I have most of their product line but $50 a sensor is just ridiculously expensive for battery operated magnets and it doesn’t seem to integrate with anything other than the Yale locks.  I was hoping there was a wired system that did general alarm functionality plus allowed for home automation (Turn off AC/heat if window/door open for long than 5 minutes, turn on light when door opens, etc).

On 8/8/2020 at 9:25 PM, TKthunder2 said:

So we’re in the process of moving and I’m uninstalling most of my stuff and taking inventory for how it’ll be used a the new place.  The only things I’m leaving is my August Door Bell Cam (it’s had so many issues and I drilled into the stone to mount it so it’s staying), my Rachio 3 Sprinkler System (no sprinklers at the new house and it was a pain to install) and the MyQ garage door opener (again big pain to swap).

2 Nest Thermostats with a few temp sensors 
2 Nest Protects (just bought, but adding more slowly replacing old ones) 
Nest Hello (just bought)
Nest Max Hub
4 Indoor Nest Cams (might add an outdoor one soon)
Nest WiFi with 3 extender points 
My Cloud WiFi backup, integrated with Apple Time Machine
~20 Hue Bulbs/Bridge
Hue Go (cannot recommend enough, just a great product)
Hue Bloom (got as gift not impressed) 
3 Apple TVs 
August Door Lock (adding a second one soon)  with Keypad/Bridge (way better than the Nest/Yale because it still has the option to use a key)
Half a dozen Wemo switches
and a Wemo Crockpot (don’t ask)

Looking for a good Smart Security System for the new place too, I’ve heard good thing about ADT’s new smart system and then their is the non wired options but was hoping for a recommendation.

Look on to Konnected. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/8/2020 at 10:31 PM, TKthunder2 said:

I already have enough cams.  I need the alarm plus door and window sensors primarily (trying to see if I can rig something up with my August Lock which includes a door sensor) but I have 2 other doors and about 10 downstairs windows I’d like sensored too.  Looked at Nest since I have most of their product line but $50 a sensor is just ridiculously expensive for battery operated magnets and it doesn’t seem to integrate with anything other than the Yale locks.  I was hoping there was a wired system that did general alarm functionality plus allowed for home automation (Turn off AC/heat if window/door open for long than 5 minutes, turn on light when door opens, etc).

Ah, got ya. Cams covered, need sensors. Check. 

I've looked at sensors in the last year or so, but didn’t find anything I wanted to pay for yet. IIRC  there was a semi decent “kit” from Simply Safe, had a bunch of sensors or whatever with it. Seems to be legit, but I can’t say from use experience. Nest was a gyp for those. Sure, it's nest, but seemed like the price is up on the name.

There was some other brand, but I don’t remember what it was. 

If you find something, let is know. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If you have pre-wired sensors already in place and don't need a monitored service (although they do have a solution for this), konnected is a nice option. Their hardware was initially flaky, and the wifi chips would go bad. But they have a new hardware update and a new alarm specific solution that has ethernet coming out.  You really have to be willing to tinker with it though, and the new hardware has not been around long so it could be wonky too.  Nate is really good about support, and I have had them send me new boards at no charge.  But that comes with some re-install headaches.  Anyways, may be somethin to look at if interested.  I have mine running my garage doors, garage door sensors, and entire perimeter.  Integrates through smart things, so brings all my leak sensors as well and other ST devices under one app.  

I want to do a self monitored security system.  I did a lot of research on Ring and learned they have an add-on for premised wired houses that sounds great but Automation requires Alexa and I have Google.

I looked into Nest but does not seem as complete as Ring.

Any other options?  Maybe I need to bite the bullet and switch to Alexa?

Need some help.

I'm trying to get my mom set back up.

She has some ProControl remotes https://procontrol.com/, 1 for the bedroom and 1 for the living room.  Only a dealer can order and program them, and she can't ever get him to contact her in Austin.

They are remotes that the home theater guy setup after she remodeled her place, and he constantly has issues with them.

I got her to buy a Harmony Elite today, and I spent 3hrs trying to get it to work this afternoon.  

The Hub recognized her Samsung TV and Denon receiver right away.  So I assume it found them on the WIFI network.  

I put the hub in the laundry room next to all her equip( room behind the living room wall that the tv sits on), and put the ir repeater next to the ATT Uverse box.

The Denon receiver and the cable box work, but I can't get it to control the Samsung TV.

Is it trying to control it through WIFI?  I get up close with the remote to the TV, and I see the remote has an IR sensor on the front I think, and nothing.

I'm going to try and call Logitech in the morning,

I also can't get the favorites I choose to show up on the remote, and don't see an option to add new favorites after the initial setup.

____

I noticed ATT UVERSE is no longer, it is now called ATT TV with new boxes and cloud DVR.  I saw her bill is 260 a month, 160 just for TV.  She has 2 boxes (The DVR and a wireless box that sits in that laundry room).

I'm going to try to get her to change to ATT TV, or ATT TV NOW, Youtube TV, Hulu TV, etc, I think she would enjoy being able to watch on her IPAD when she travels.

Does anyone know what type of transmitter the ATT TV remotes use for their boxes?  are they wifi?  I was going to maybe call them in the morning also.

Does ATT TV NOW use a box?  What's the difference?

I'm having her go through https://www.att.com/channels/att-tv/ to see what channels she watches.

I assume she can only use Favorites Channels on the Harmony remote just for ATT TV? or have they added channel numbers or whatever to some streaming services?

Thanks for the replies, I am going to cross post.

Edit - Why don't they have a microphone/voice on these expensive universal remotes?

Edited by BNB

Running a 10GB LAN with the brains of the whole operation being a Netgear XS716T 10GB switch.

Netgear XS716T switch

Netgear ReadyNAS 626X, 10GB bonded (round robin) connection, stacked with 10TB x 6 WD Red Pros housing media (Plex server), backups, and general storage (including 4k video I am able to edit across the network to a 10GB-enabled PC in my office)

Netgear Nighthawk X10 (R9000), connected via SFP+ to the switch

Netgear EX8000 Extender (Orbi-based mesh)

Google Nest thermostats x 3

7 Smart TVs (6 Samsung) pulling media off the NAS via Plex

Samsung Smart Fridge (Family Hub model with the screen on the door that can show who's at the front door, among other things) and Samsung FlexWash washer and dryer that is accessible by all the TVs (you get notifications on the screen when the refrigerator door is left open or when the clothes have finished their was cycle, for instance)

Rachio 3 smart irrigation controller

Ring Pro doorbell

LTS 5-security camera hub, networked and accessible from anywhere, and Brinks security monitoring everything from the door locks to the garage door, with activity updates pushed to the phones

Pioneer mini-split AC system, wifi enabled, used to maintain and monitor temperature and humidity in a music room with wooden instruments

Amazon Echo Show x 4 (along with smartphones, used to monitor the Ring doorbell, irrigation controller, a split AC system in the music room, and the wall unit in the game room)

Weber Genesis LX II grill with bluetooth temperature probes I check with a tablet on the kitchen counter for monitoring my sweet sweet meats (but an even smarter grill, like some pellet variety, is probably in the near future)

I've been thinking about moving over to a Unifi backbone - The Netgear handles handoffs from the base router to the extender well enough, but I can't help but feel it could be faster. I do love, however, the Nighthawk X10 router, though it is getting long in the tooth. If Netgear, or anyone, made an updated router with SFP+ I'd probably jump on it (If the AX12 had SFP+ this would have been done yesterday, or do I just bite the bullet and upgrade to a 12-stream Wifi6 and aggregate a couple of CAT6's to the switch? Decisions, decisions).  As it is, the Nighthawk X10 runs 802.11 ac/ad which still hums right the fuck along.

Edited by BoomMF

On 8/10/2020 at 5:20 PM, TexasEd said:

Any other options?  Maybe I need to bite the bullet and switch to Alexa?

SSS here but i don't know anyone who has switched from Google to Alexa after using both. This includes people my parents age and wife.

Google just works *so* much better re: understanding what I want and is much more conversational with the keywords to do things and the simple changes like when an timer/alarm is going off you can just say "stop" in the general direction instead of "alexa, stop timer" or whatever it requires these days.

10 hours ago, NoName said:

SSS here but i don't know anyone who has switched from Google to Alexa after using both. This includes people my parents age and wife.

Google just works *so* much better re: understanding what I want and is much more conversational with the keywords to do things and the simple changes like when an timer/alarm is going off you can just say "stop" in the general direction instead of "alexa, stop timer" or whatever it requires these days.

I don't want to switch, but I want a system I can tell to arm the house or stream the camera to the TV and it works.

I have one Google Home, a couple of Chromecasts to start.  I have one Honeywell smart thermostat too.  Not much o start but I don't want to go down an incompatibility road if I can avoid it.

On 8/12/2020 at 3:19 AM, BoomMF said:

I've been thinking about moving over to a Unifi backbone - The Netgear handles handoffs from the base router to the extender well enough, but I can't help but feel it could be faster. I do love, however, the Nighthawk X10 router, though it is getting long in the tooth. If Netgear, or anyone, made an updated router with SFP+ I'd probably jump on it (If the AX12 had SFP+ this would have been done yesterday, or do I just bite the bullet and upgrade to a 12-stream Wifi6 and aggregate a couple of CAT6's to the switch? Decisions, decisions).  As it is, the Nighthawk X10 runs 802.11 ac/ad which still hums right the fuck along.

I'm running Ubiquiti gear. Love the shit out of it. Router, PoE Switch, two AP's.

The PoE switch was overkill, but I have it in my head that I'll be switching to PoE cams and a local DVR (with remote access and push notifications) before too long. Just haven't went through with it yet. Mostly because the cable runs are going to fucking suck rotted aids corpse dick.

I keep trying to get my electrician buddy to come do it (legit job, not "hey buddy" kinda shit), but for some reason he's always busy.

I don't want to switch, but I want a system I can tell to arm the house or stream the camera to the TV and it works.
I have one Google Home, a couple of Chromecasts to start.  I have one Honeywell smart thermostat too.  Not much o start but I don't want to go down an incompatibility road if I can avoid it.

Amazon + Ring will get you there. I have all Amazon gear, and it works great. Setting up routines is a real nice feature. I can say Alexa good goodnight and all my bedroom lights turn off, TV turns off, and Ring alarm is armed to home mode. That’s all with one utterance.

If you add Fire TV, every TV in your house can view any cam you want to see. It’s pretty simple to set up and works well.

Alexa isn’t a good as GH when it comes to native search queries, but I don’t find myself needing that nearly as often as I need to control something with my voice.

On 8/11/2020 at 11:42 PM, BNB said:

Need some help.

I'm trying to get my mom set back up.

She has some ProControl remotes https://procontrol.com/, 1 for the bedroom and 1 for the living room.  Only a dealer can order and program them, and she can't ever get him to contact her in Austin.

They are remotes that the home theater guy setup after she remodeled her place, and he constantly has issues with them.

I got her to buy a Harmony Elite today, and I spent 3hrs trying to get it to work this afternoon.  

The Hub recognized her Samsung TV and Denon receiver right away.  So I assume it found them on the WIFI network.  

I put the hub in the laundry room next to all her equip( room behind the living room wall that the tv sits on), and put the ir repeater next to the ATT Uverse box.

The Denon receiver and the cable box work, but I can't get it to control the Samsung TV.

Is it trying to control it through WIFI?  I get up close with the remote to the TV, and I see the remote has an IR sensor on the front I think, and nothing.

I'm going to try and call Logitech in the morning,

I also can't get the favorites I choose to show up on the remote, and don't see an option to add new favorites after the initial setup.

____

I noticed ATT UVERSE is no longer, it is now called ATT TV with new boxes and cloud DVR.  I saw her bill is 260 a month, 160 just for TV.  She has 2 boxes (The DVR and a wireless box that sits in that laundry room).

I'm going to try to get her to change to ATT TV, or ATT TV NOW, Youtube TV, Hulu TV, etc, I think she would enjoy being able to watch on her IPAD when she travels.

Does anyone know what type of transmitter the ATT TV remotes use for their boxes?  are they wifi?  I was going to maybe call them in the morning also.

Does ATT TV NOW use a box?  What's the difference?

I'm having her go through https://www.att.com/channels/att-tv/ to see what channels she watches.

I assume she can only use Favorites Channels on the Harmony remote just for ATT TV? or have they added channel numbers or whatever to some streaming services?

Thanks for the replies, I am going to cross post.

Edit - Why don't they have a microphone/voice on these expensive universal remotes?

I have the New ATT Tv. It works great IMO, but you only get one remote per box which is a pain in the ass. You technically only need one box since you are going to be downloading the app on the other smart TV’s, but some of the remote functionality is lost on tv’s not connected to the box. 

Its basically all app based tv, and you can use your normal TV remote as the controller for it.  They need to integrate an app based remote like amazon has for their fire sticks/tv.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

They need to integrate an app based remote like amazon has for their fire sticks/tv.

Tivo has a remote feature with their app. Everything has to be on the same network, and on most tv’s it can’t do the sound or control the actual tv functions. IR and all that shit. 

It is a great setup though, and with what companies charge you for their dvr and service, even having to purchase the tivo (and any additional mini’s for other rooms) you still come out ahead.

Plus they work really well, and the only equipment fee from the cable company is a $3/mo charge for the card  (as opposed to $15/mo/box.)

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2020 at 10:02 AM, Sgt Hulk said:

who has ring doorbells?  what model do you have?

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-smart-doorbell-camera/

i have the Eufy wired doorbell and it's fantastic - but they recently ish released a battery powered version of their video doorbell that is exactly what I would have purchased if it was an option when I bought

https://www.eufylife.com/products/variant/video-doorbell-2k-batterypowered/E82101W3

Wyze also released a video doorbell recently that clocks in at $30 https://wyze.com/wyze-doorbell.html
if it is anything like the other Wyze products I have this is a great deal - it works, generally is solid and their app is great. at $30 it's a fantastic deal and it's tiny vs most of the rest of the market

Spoiler

img_dimension.jpg

be aware that you may need to upgrade your doorbell transformer but that's super easy.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I’m looking at Wyze outdoor cameras. Some locals here rave about them 

i was in the first group that preordered and it is great. currently at 49%, has lasted in rain, very high wind (40+ mph gusts), sun, etc and is currently at just under 50% battery after about 7 weeks of being outside.

HIGHLY recommend it for outdoor - easy to mount and easy to flip view in the app if you mount it upside down under the eave/to soffit. best priced outdoor cam on the market I believe

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 10:16 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Bought a secondary Nest thermostat for my bedroom to better control the temps at night.  Looks like a small renuzit deodorizer. Cost $40.  

C2C29E72-B501-4868-866E-442175FEE275.jpeg

As a follow up, this has done a great job with regulating the temp at night for me. I always knew my bedroom was colder than my living room but now I can see a diff of about 5 degrees. Previous winters I could be burning up or freezing at night. Now it’s a consistent temperature.

• 1 month later...

2 Echo Dots, Echo Show 5, Ecobee with 2 room sensors, and Ring Doorbell (2020 version)***

I want to get motorized blinds and smart plugs for hard to reach areas.

*** Do you guys pay for a subscription to save video? Seems kinda fun, but now sure why I really need. We live in a gated neighborhood in a relatively nice part of town.

• 4 months later...