Burgers

ftf82

On 10/26/2022 at 12:43 PM, Mittens said:

Had the burger at Leroy & Lewis today....holy hell!  Sorry no pics, but goddamn you should definitely have one.

I saw that on the Austin episode of Somebody Feed Phil and they all bragged about the burger, it’s definitely on the list now. 

My wife and I actually have a moment to go grab dinner tonight, and we're thinking about Jewboy Burgers.  Still good?  Any reason to try any of their other menu items (burritos, latke sammiches, etc.)?

It's gonna be hard to pass up the "Oy Vey":  grilled onions, hatch chiles, pepper jack and mustard.  Drool.

image.png.18d8d69d2dd86a897486e5c1b13b3ea3.png

42 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

My wife and I actually have a moment to go grab dinner tonight, and we're thinking about Jewboy Burgers.  Still good?  Any reason to try any of their other menu items (burritos, latke sammiches, etc.)?

It's gonna be hard to pass up the "Oy Vey":  grilled onions, hatch chiles, pepper jack and mustard.  Drool.

image.png.18d8d69d2dd86a897486e5c1b13b3ea3.png

Why would you order a burrito or sammich when you could have that? Sounds like you already know what you should do.....

Or wait. Why not order the latke sammich AND the burger?

Edited by irishtexan

35 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Why would you order a burrito or sammich when you could have that? Sounds like you already know what you should do.....

Or wait. Why not order the latke sammich AND the burger?

Just curious what their off-burger items are like.  The genesis of this rare night out wasn't "let's get burgers".

Regardless, I believe you have hit upon the solution.  Burger, latke sammich, AND the burrito.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn good Hickory burger at Cover 3 in Round Rock today. Wife said her onion soup was outstanding. Split the Caesar salad. & the Parmesan fries.
1 house ‘rita for her, 2 for me. Brought half the burger home. 
($57+ tip)

9FD89B02-8298-4FE6-9E81-8AB1F509D71F.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1

Damn good Hickory burger at Cover 3 in Round Rock today. Wife said her onion soup was outstanding. Split the Caesar salad. & the Parmesan fries.
1 house ‘rita for her, 2 for me. Brought half the burger home. 
($57+ tip)

9FD89B02-8298-4FE6-9E81-8AB1F509D71F.thumb.jpeg.83b3e73fad5cb9e4cd7cb351deb559c3.jpeg

Cover 3 burger is solid, but not crazy about that bun. Still, I get my burger fix there from time to time.

Their Reuben is also amazing, but huge - split it with someone.

Went to Mooyah’s this afternoon. Really good as usual, but erred in ordering the “shareable” fries instead of the “personal”. 
We only ate half our burgers and 1/3 of the fries. Will have enough leftover for another meal plus some.

It amused me to note that the $$ total was $2 more than our entire first month’s grocery tab when we first started working in Giddings in September 1967.

F77BE7DB-8AD7-43B0-8749-5F80179A3018.jpeg

9FCAB7D7-3FD3-4911-BA64-34BC2DD72CCC.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2