Burgers

ftf82

On 4/29/2023 at 5:35 PM, 4th&Five said:

Dan’s double with cheese and japs for under $7.50. 
IMG_1702.thumb.jpeg.a2b83ea809aa34cd54f0b214a6a66fef.jpeg

Dan's is my go-to burger, but I rue the day they got rid of fresh jalepenos. A double cheeseburger with grilled onions and grilled jalepenos was heavenly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/5/2023 at 6:23 PM, HenryJames said:

Crown and Anchor, imo.

IMG_3931.jpeg

There’s a lot about Austin that I don’t miss.  But damn do I miss those burgers and conversations with Dervin about the nature of the universe and shit.

Y’all in the 512 need to not miss out on Crown/Dervin experience.  He won’t be there forever.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the crown burger is excellent, on par with dirty's.  when i was in college the hole in the wall had an excellent burger.  sitting in the back room with the pool tables and a cold beer was a nice afternoon.   that burger never gets mentioned in any best of list.  i remember it being larger than crown or dirty's, closer to those at camino el camino.

3 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

the crown burger is excellent, on par with dirty's.  when i was in college the hole in the wall had an excellent burger.  sitting in the back room with the pool tables and a cold beer was a nice afternoon.   that burger never gets mentioned in any best of list.  i remember it being larger than crown or dirty's, closer to those at camino el camino.

"We put a camino in your camino!"

yo dawg GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Just had 2 for 1 burgers at The League (North Parmer & Avery Ranch). I had a pint draft beer. It is the Monday special.
$26+ tip. 
Burgers cooked to order were very good, and the fries were too. Brought half of it all home for tomorrow. 
We’ll go back. 

B90ADB92-1F5B-4FD7-9E44-04C707F598C2.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Just had 2 for 1 burgers at The League (North Parmer & Avery Ranch). I had a pint draft beer. It is the Monday special.
$26+ tip. 
Burgers cooked to order were very good, and the fries were too. Brought half of it all home for tomorrow. 
We’ll go back. 

Pos rep for the bacon on your burger!  We've always thought all of their stores were pretty solid.

30 minutes ago, Deej said:

You should just make that your signature, then you wouldn't have to type it every time. 

Well, we had breakfast at IHOP this morning - I got the Colorado Omelette, she the Senior French Toast. 
I ate half mine, she consumed all hers including the two bacon strips.

For our anniversary dinner at Roaring Fork Saturday, she had the 2 tenderloin sliders, I the 8 ounce filet. We ate it all.

A85A7B87-0A1E-4F88-8A44-F654EBE23171.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 6/15/2023 at 9:04 PM, MAUFRAIS said:

Ooh busted

It’s not a big deal but I’m legit curious.  It’s s weird, like he’s some kind of burger rainman savant.  NTTIAWWT because I would love to be an aspiring burger connesuier.

Any way, went to Dirty’s yesterday.  Great burger, definitely top of the line but certainly not life altering like I would expect considering the price.  I will eat again for sure once the home equity loan comes through.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/12/2023 at 6:14 PM, Armybrat said:

$26+ tip. 
We’ll go back. 

That place is good. I don't eat there a ton but will usually try their burger of the month. That pork chop with jalapeno gravy aint bad either.

15 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

It’s not a big deal but I’m legit curious.  It’s s weird, like he’s some kind of burger rainman savant.  NTTIAWWT because I would love to be an aspiring burger connesuier.

Any way, went to Dirty’s yesterday.  Great burger, definitely top of the line but certainly not life altering like I would expect considering the price.  I will eat again for sure once the home equity loan comes through.

It's an inside joke from the beer thread from several years back.  As I recall, someone asked him to add commentary to a picture he posted of a beer he was drinking, and so he added "imo" to posts thereafter.  

Or I might be completely wrong. Lotsa beers between then and now.

I suppose you could think of it as the equivalent of "I have spoken."

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/22/2023 at 10:41 AM, jimmyjazz said:

Too bad we don't have a St. Louis pizza thread, imo

Half Off at Imo's Pizza - Imo's Pizza | Groupon

Reminds me kinda of the bar pies they use to roll out at the Draught Horse. Free pizza on Wednesdays I think it was. Was a sad day when they stopped making the free pizza. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

19 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I went to Dan's for lunch yesterday.  Bacon cheeseburger with hickory sauce.  I mean, it was good, but I'll take Crown or even Whataburger over it.  Curly fries were good.

Wut? Dans is much better than Whataburger. Were you at the one up north? I eat at the one off Menchaca regularly and it is always great. 

• Hook 'Em 5

The Man  Shack is a little old place where we can get together
Man Shack, baby (a-Man Shack, baby)
Man Shack, baby, Man Shack
Man Shack, baby, Man Shack (Love, baby, that's where it's at)
Man  Shack, baby, Man Shack (Love, baby, that's where it's at)

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

The Man  Shack is a little old place where we can get together
Man Shack, baby (a-Man Shack, baby)
Man Shack, baby, Man Shack (Love, baby, that's where it's at)
Man  Shack, baby, Man Shack (Love, baby, that's where it's at)

"Free parking in rear"

On 7/5/2023 at 8:37 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Just got burgers at Phil's Ice House on Burnet . . . worst burger I've had in a year.  No pics, it's in the trash.  Do not go.

The first and last time I had a burger at Phil's many years ago I ended up throwing up all that evening with apparent food poisoning.  I can't remember if I thought the burger was decent or not, but I have a taste aversion to that place and haven't been back for food, just for a beer while my kids are having some ice cream from Amy's. 

10 hours ago, Deej said:

I love me some Dirty's, but while excellent, their burgers never regained the level they were at before the City of Austin made them replace their ancient flat top. 

And now "Smash Burger" is a thing. I loved sitting at the counter watching Wes bang down those patties, it was like watching a performance.

• Hook 'Em 1