Doomsday Clock for the USA

NIUHuskies

The more time our elected officials fighting each other the less time they have to spend fucking up the economy.  I’d say we’re in a better place today because nothing is going to change over the next couple years.  

18 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Past midnight.  We just haven't realized it yet.

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I believe that is Brisket's line.

It is indeed.  You owe me royalties.  Payable in ammo and canned food.  Because, you know, doomsday and all that.

Government jumped the shark in 2008 with TARP and the bailouts.  Our system is fundamentally broken (and it starts with monetary policy, but that's boring and people prefer to yell at clouds).  We've endured several decades of farcical political theater (everything since Clinton) but nothing really showed how broken things were until the Lehman moment.  A nation of laws and rules?  American spirit?  There is no ethos.  We're just spiralling down the Idiocracy toilet.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, bernorange said:

Government jumped the shark in 2008 with TARP and the bailouts.  Our system is fundamentally broken (and it starts with monetary policy, but that's boring and people prefer to yell at clouds).  We've endured several decades of farcical political theater (everything since Clinton) but nothing really showed how broken things were until the Lehman moment.  A nation of laws and rules?  American spirit?  There is no ethos.  We're just spiralling down the Idiocracy toilet.

I'd double rep you if I could (no homo).  Damned if all of this isn't just distractions and bread & circuses while we abrogate all fiscal responsibility and run up mountains of debt and obligations with no conceivable way to pay them.  Look, orange squirrel !!!

Edited by Whitman

Just now, Whitman said:

I'd double rep you if I could (no homo).  Damned if all of this isn't just distractions and bread & circuses while we abrogate all fiscal responsibility and run up mountains of debt and obligations with no conceivable to pay them.  Look, orange squirrel !!!

I got him man. 

1 hour ago, SDG said:

The more time our elected officials fighting each other the less time they have to spend fucking up the economy.  I’d say we’re in a better place today because nothing is going to change over the next couple years.  

Well, the economy could always go into recession.

A lot is going to change. They're not fighting each other in a way that's healthy for a democracy. One side is fighting for tyranny and worship of a heavily-flawed leader, and the other is fighting to ensure the survival of rule of law. The Rs will throw it all aside to keep their hero in the WH.

Just now, phdhorn said:

In the New World post-Apocalyptic Order, I get the Texas coast from Galveston down to South Padre.  I'm going to open it up to all-exclusive naked resorts and call it Phdistan.

Positive - nekkid resorts.

Negative - the likely customers in the Republic of Redneckistan:

%2521+TS+5.jpg

45 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Might want to move that clock up.

DrYRL5RU8AAwniN?format=jpg&name=900x900

DrYRL5UVsAA9gzn?format=jpg&name=small

Our (((ENEMIES))).

Man, I just CAN'T seem to figure out why someone went into a synagogue and killed 11 people.  It's just a mystery, wrapped inside an orange enigma.

Other than a few parentheses, looks a lot like the traitor rhetoric you've been rolling out for the last 2 years. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Haha 1

Other than a few parentheses, looks a lot like the traitor rhetoric you've been rolling out for the last 2 years. 

Really? Then you’ll have no problem finding where I called for our military to engage in wholesale slaughter of the opposition, including the use of nukes.

We are at war, are we not?
Start rounding them up.  Shoot the traitors. 
Kill the traitors and the useful idiots before they kill us.

That's some straight up brisket shit. You know it's true. 

Quote me.

Or be even more of a dishonest piece of shit than you were before today started. It’s your call.
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Quote me.

Or be even more of a dishonest piece of shit than you were before today started. It’s your call.

Are you fucking serious? You need me to google search and quote brisket pining for a fight and relishing the thought of putting the "traitors" under the heel?

You've framed the current context multiple times in terms of war and warfare,  called people you disagree with on a message board treasonous and traitors, and suggested that it is an "us vs. them" situation. Sorry if the QAnon shit you want to tilt about, or whatever that was, strikes a little too close to home for you. 

Edited by Anastasis

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Might want to move that clock up.

DrYRL5RU8AAwniN?format=jpg&name=900x900

DrYRL5UVsAA9gzn?format=jpg&name=small

Our (((ENEMIES))).

Man, I just CAN'T seem to figure out why someone went into a synagogue and killed 11 people.  It's just a mystery, wrapped inside an orange enigma.

I would disagree with this author's premise that "we have the military," among other incorrect notions they seem to support.

Are you fucking serious? You need me to google search and quote brisket pining for a fight and relishing the thought of putting the "traitors" under the heel?
You've framed the current context multiple times in terms of war and warfare,  called people you disagree with on a message board treasonous and traitors, and suggested that it is an "us vs. them" situation. Sorry if the QAnon shit you want to tilt about, or whatever that was, strikes a little too close to home for you. 

Go do it, you fucking liar. You won’t find it.

In fact, my whole point has been warming AGAINST the exact kind of fucks you see in the excerpt I quoted.

I DO believe that blood is coming...because of exactly what those fuckers are saying (and one of them already murdered 11 people in a synagogue, so I’m not exactly going out on a limb here). I believe that blood is coming because when you have people actively calling for the murder of their political opponents, and shooting up synagogues, that’s how it ends.

And if you lend these fuckers ANY support or tolerance, that’s what you’re enabling.

But find ONE post where I have called for a military campaign to slaughter the opposition. I’ll wait. I’ve got time. You’ll be a lying sack of shit for eternity, but I’ve got time. Find it, liar.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, retread said:

A lot is going to change. They're not fighting each other in a way that's healthy for a democracy. One side is fighting for tyranny and worship of a heavily-flawed leader, and the other is fighting to ensure the survival of rule of law. The Rs will throw it all aside to keep their hero in the WH.

I can’t fucking move past this.

the D’s are fighting for “the rule of law”?  Really??  Fuuuuuuucccccckkkkk!!!!!!

are you 14 years old???

sweet baby jebus.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Go do it, you fucking liar. You won’t find it.

You literally wished for another poster here to see the blood of his family pool on the floor while he watched their life leave their eyes.  You have openly and proudly wished pain and suffering on multiple posters here over political message board differences. You know where you are man. But in all honesty I really don't think you are as sick as your rhetoric portrays.  That Doomsday clock, it keeps ticking though. 

Edited by Anastasis

5 hours ago, Incredulity said:

I can’t fucking move past this.

the D’s are fighting for “the rule of law”?  Really??  Fuuuuuuucccccckkkkk!!!!!!

are you 14 years old???

sweet baby jebus.

To borrow from Roma, the sides aren't the parties, the sides are the Trumpists and the anti Trumpists, and, yes, the latter are fighting for the rule of law.  Cuz the Trumpists. 

Additionally, incredulity is a fallacious basis for argument.  But you are ironic, and shit.

9 hours ago, Anastasis said:

You literally wished for another poster here to see the blood of his family pool on the floor while he watched their life leave their eyes.  You have openly and proudly wished pain and suffering on multiple posters here over political message board differences. You know where you are man. But in all honesty I really don't think you are as sick as your rhetoric portrays.  That Doomsday clock, it keeps ticking though. 

And I owned that one statement and apologized for it.  Even though, to be clear, the sentiment I INTENDED was for people to have a similar perspective as those who are victimized in this environment, and they don't give a rat's ass about them.  You know, people like you.

And again, as for openly and proudly wishing pain and suffering on multiple posters -- fucking. post. it.  You opened with a lie, you continue with that lie, and you're sticking with that lie.  Because you're not man enough to back up and admit that what you said was bullshit.  You are so desperate to claim your fucking both sides high horse that you are incapable of seeing how attitudes like yours are part of the problem.  The Doomsday clock is indeed ticking, and you think you're impressing people by talking about how tacky the watchband is.  You're not.

14 hours ago, retread said:

I remember when Tyranny was taxation without representation.  Now it's.. you are unpatriotic and a racist if you want to pay lower than 40% of your income in taxes.  You are racist and a deplorable if you want people to check in when crossing the border and keep the criminal element out.  You are a racist if you want your taxes loaned to other countries instead of given away.  Can someone send me the new rules on Tyranny?  

Just now, Brisketexan said:

And again, as for openly and proudly wishing pain and suffering on multiple posters -- fucking. post. it.  You opened with a lie, you continue with that lie, and you're sticking with that lie.  Because you're not man enough to back up and admit that what you said was bullshit. 

On 9/3/2018 at 11:28 PM, Brisketexan said:

I say it again....I hope that you are separated from your children forever. You think it’s hyperbole.

It’s not. Suffering is the only language you people speak and hear. So I want you to hear it, loudly.

On 10/5/2018 at 6:35 PM, Brisketexan said:

I’m patient.

Your merciless pain and suffering will be worth the wait. Maybe not today. Or tomorrow. But someday. And the longer we wait, the worse we’ll make it.

I’m good with that. Revenge. Served cold. It’s best.

On 10/5/2018 at 7:16 PM, Brisketexan said:

I wish you the anguish of the loss of your children. I wish for you the moment of seeing their psyche irrevocably broken. I wish you the loss of all economic hope. I wish you crippling medical debt and bankruptcy. I wish you no more than what you are happy to see inflicted upon your fellow man.

An eye for an eye. No more. No less. Old Testament style.

I am calm and clear-eyed. And I look forward to your suffering. Because justice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And I owned that one statement and apologized for it.  Even though, to be clear, the sentiment I INTENDED was for people to have a similar perspective as those who are victimized in this environment, and they don't give a rat's ass about them.  You know, people like you.

And again, as for openly and proudly wishing pain and suffering on multiple posters -- fucking. post. it.  You opened with a lie, you continue with that lie, and you're sticking with that lie.  Because you're not man enough to back up and admit that what you said was bullshit.  You are so desperate to claim your fucking both sides high horse that you are incapable of seeing how attitudes like yours are part of the problem.  The Doomsday clock is indeed ticking, and you think you're impressing people by talking about how tacky the watchband is.  You're not.

"to be clear" 

I love when people use that to muddy the waters. 

I wish you the same fate as the victims of your complicity have suffered. Wait, check that. I don’t wish that for you. I wish it for your family. I wish for you to feel the last of their life ebb, as the blood pours from their wounds. You are fine excusing a movement that spurs such a scene. We’ll see if you’re fine with it when it’s your family bleeding out on the floor.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Yep.  Almost all to the same single troll, in response to a single particular provocation.  Which I apologized for.

We have a country where people celebrate and cheer suffering, with zero perspective or empathy.  But you know, that's cool.

Just now, Zavala said:

"to be clear" 

I love when people use that to muddy the waters. 

The "to be clear" is an admission that I improperly and overly emotionally stated a scenario which was inappropriate and unnecessary for the SENTIMENT that I wished to communicate.

But go ahead, get hung up on the words, and not the facts of what is ACTUALLY happening in our country.

synagogue.jpeg?w=2000&w=700&c=sc&poi=fac

la-1513347785-hx55utqd2r-snap-image

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  Almost all to the same single troll, in response to a single particular provocation.  Which I apologized for.

We have a country where people celebrate and cheer suffering, with zero perspective or empathy.  But you know, that's cool.

Those examples were actually responses to 3 different posters. On 2 different threads.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Look man.  I get your point of view.  I actually agree with good portions of your overall perspective, and have voiced such.  Just don't get all blustery when someone points out that some of the rhetoric your internet persona deploys is not too dissimilar from the rhetoric that you are calling out as dangerous when it comes from the other corners of the internet. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1