Doomsday Clock for the USA

NIUHuskies

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Look man.  I get your point of view.  I actually agree with good portions of your overall perspective, and have voiced such.  Just don't get all blustery when someone points out that the rhetoric your internet persona deploys is not too dissimilar from the rhetoric that you are calling out as dangerous when it comes from the other corners of the internet. 

he's a massive nerd

6 hours ago, AtticusFinch said:

I remember when Tyranny was taxation without representation.  Now it's.. you are unpatriotic and a racist if you want to pay lower than 40% of your income in taxes.  You are racist and a deplorable if you want people to check in when crossing the border and keep the criminal element out.  You are a racist if you want your taxes loaned to other countries instead of given away.  Can someone send me the new rules on Tyranny?  

Dude.  Every single thing you bring up here is a hysterical right wing talking point that has no basis in reality.

10 hours ago, AtticusFinch said:

I remember when Tyranny was taxation without representation.  Now it's.. you are unpatriotic and a racist if you want to pay lower than 40% of your income in taxes.  You are racist and a deplorable if you want people to check in when crossing the border and keep the criminal element out.  You are a racist if you want your taxes loaned to other countries instead of given away.  Can someone send me the new rules on Tyranny?  

Yeah, that taxation without representation bullshit? Pretty sure that ended back in 1777. Because even if your income tax rate is 100%, you sure as shit got representation right now. Well, unless you live in DC, that is.

• 3 years later...
7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Any updates to the Doomsday Clock recently?

Seems like it may be overdue for stroking off a few more ticks. 

Dan Rather agrees:

“This is the truth. 

The truth is that to elect Donald Trump in 2024 would be to create the very real possibility of ending democracy as we know it. 

The truth is that electing governors and secretaries of state who wish to undermine free and fair elections could very well end democracy as we know it. 

The truth is that a federal judiciary stocked with Trump judges eager to do his bidding could very well end democracy as we know it.”

2 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Dan Rather agrees:

“This is the truth. 

The truth is that to elect Donald Trump in 2024 would be to create the very real possibility of ending democracy as we know it. 

The truth is that electing governors and secretaries of state who wish to undermine free and fair elections could very well end democracy as we know it. 

The truth is that a federal judiciary stocked with Trump judges eager to do his bidding could very well end democracy as we know it.”

Yeah, but he's a libtard.

Yes, and Steve Schmidt is a loser, to some. Nevertheless Schmidt has a free to read essay titled “Warning” in which he quotes Avner Less, Israel’s Chief Interrogator,  the only official who spoke to Eichman during the process that put that monster to his death. They spent hundreds of hours in interrogation.

[The format does not allow for cut and paste. What follows is my approximation of Schmidt’s writing and quotes attributed to Avner Less].

“Less was asked if the experience changed his perspective on anything.

Less responded that there are Adolph Eichmans all around us. That they are everywhere. Less said “they are dormant in a democracy.” He went on to say that in a “dictatorship of the left or right, they become deadly in an instant.””

A chilling, terrifying, thought.

Precluding such horrors being released on these shores is paramount, and no legal act to that end can rightly be labeled extreme. In fact, failure to acknowledge the danger we face is complicity.

https://steveschmidt.substack.com/p/do-we-want-democracy-too-70c?r=2ibrr&utm_medium=ios&utm_campaign=post

Edited by Willfully Horn
Dormant. Not latent
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1