ShaggyTexas Handover

Viper

So you fucking Eskimo hut little cunt, I hope you lost even more trying to keep the shag going as long as you did..

The stupidity of this knows no bounds. It’s a message board so the only product it generates was the content the community provides and by seizing the site you alienated that community...

pettyness over profits.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So you fucking Eskimo hut little cunt, I hope you lost even more trying to keep the shag going as long as you did..

The stupidity of this knows no bounds. It’s a message board so the only product it generates was the content the community provides and by seizing the site you alienated that community...

pettyness over profits.

I don't know if we'll ever get this, but I would give my life savings of $2.47 to find out what this guy thinks now.  Did he really expect to reap some gold mine after the suit?  Was he surprised as shit that it dumped out faster than a shit session after a heavy Indian meal?  Would he ever actually consider trying to do that shit again (here)?

WIthin all the funny-as-shit side takeoffs of this is also a bit of angry "fuck you" schadenfreude at bitchasses who waste court time and expense trying to justify their own little existence.  The "tort culture" overreaction society that sucks hairy balls. 

Does he still think he "won" something for putting in the hassle?   My guess is either this guy is regretfully chewing 30 dicks in his mouth right now, or is trying to figure out how to do the same thing again (because that's the way those kinds of people are).  Guess we'll never really know, but man I'd like to find out... as Laxtonto said in the quote above, did he blow more scratch trying to hold up a sagging piece of shit?

If anyone has any post-mortem news on this, my tin can and string is ready to receive.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Would he ever actually consider trying to do that shit again (here)?... My guess is either this guy is regretfully chewing 30 dicks in his mouth right now, or is trying to figure out how to do the same thing again (because that's the way those kinds of people are).

This time we have a heads up.  The Surly community seems to have significant resources at its disposal.  If we see him coming, then a intervention would be warranted:

tenor.gif?itemid=8927214

• Like 2

So I checked right now and shaggytexas.com is returning a database error right now.  There is a problem preventing the site from working at the moment, but the server is still running.  It's not necessarily completely dead yet.

While I will enjoy the schadenfreude that Eskimo dickbreath reaps when it finally dies for good, I will also have a sad at losing access to thousands of discussions I had participated in over the last decade.  A good bit of history there.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, bernorange said:

So I checked right now and shaggytexas.com is returning a database error right now.  There is a problem preventing the site from working at the moment, but the server is still running.  It's not necessarily completely dead yet.

While I will enjoy the schadenfreude that Eskimo dickbreath reaps when it finally dies for good, I will also have a sad at losing access to thousands of discussions I had participated in over the last decade.  A good bit of history there.

yeah, i agree. though the internet does have a wayback machine, it's not the same. fuck that guy for fucking with our community to placate his ridiculous ego.

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Wha happen

Well, let's see. First the Earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, phdhorn said:

I don't know if we'll ever get this, but I would give my life savings of $2.47 to find out what this guy thinks now.  Did he really expect to reap some gold mine after the suit?  Was he surprised as shit that it dumped out faster than a shit session after a heavy Indian meal?  Would he ever actually consider trying to do that shit again (here)?

WIthin all the funny-as-shit side takeoffs of this is also a bit of angry "fuck you" schadenfreude at bitchasses who waste court time and expense trying to justify their own little existence.  The "tort culture" overreaction society that sucks hairy balls. 

Does he still think he "won" something for putting in the hassle?   My guess is either this guy is regretfully chewing 30 dicks in his mouth right now, or is trying to figure out how to do the same thing again (because that's the way those kinds of people are).  Guess we'll never really know, but man I'd like to find out... as Laxtonto said in the quote above, did he blow more scratch trying to hold up a sagging piece of shit?

If anyone has any post-mortem news on this, my tin can and string is ready to receive.

He was lied to repeatedly by his lawyers about how the lawsuit would go. He thought that I was going to have to come up with the money the day the trial was over or something. He also was never explained the bankruptcy laws in Texas, which are somewhat good for the little man. So he won his judgement,  I declared bankruptcy and it all went away. I was out the fees I paid my lawyer, and an unbelievable amount of time and effort, but got a nice stint in my heart to fix the problem caused by the stress of the case.

He realized he didn't win, and the only ones that really won are the lawyers. Kevin is a smart and good businessman,  but he is the greediest person I know.  His greed caused him to be convinced his lawyers were telling the truth when they said there was no way I would get out of paying this. Pretty much every lawyer I've talked to has told me the firm he hired is a bunch of dicks and would not put it past them to lie to Kevin. Any lawyer with a shred of ethics would have told Kevin that yes, he'll probably win, but you won't end up winning anything as Bob is pretty much judgement proof in Texas. I'm sure Kevin had to be told that by at least one lawyer, but kept asking till he found one that would not tell him that.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, blacklab said:

I never paid kevin a dime. I did pay my lawyer a bunch of money though.

Very good to hear.  There was a fairly substantial monetary component to the judgment wasn't there?  Maybe my recollection is way off, but I was sickened by the judgment and it couldn't have been just over shaggy.  I knew this (site) would happen one way or the other.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Very good to hear.  There was a fairly substantial monetary component to the judgment wasn't there?  Maybe my recollection is way off, but I was sickened by the judgment and it couldn't have been just over shaggy.  I knew this (site) would happen one way or the other.

Yeah, $350k plus $200k in legal fees. Basically 10 years of income from shaggy, land thieves, and a dozen or so other sites I built over the years. Plus they counted money I brought in for march madness and football pools, even though that money went strait back out. (often at a loss as I ate the fees) They also counted all the money that came into my paypal or bank account, even though thousands of that was from poker, sports betting and programming projects. 

4 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Yeah, $350k plus $200k in legal fees. Basically 10 years of income from shaggy, land thieves, and a dozen or so other sites I built over the years. Plus they counted money I brought in for march madness and football pools, even though that money went strait back out. (often at a loss as I ate the fees) They also counted all the money that came into my paypal or bank account, even though thousands of that was from poker, sports betting and programming projects. 

We need to exact blood money then.

• Like 1