Jerrod Heard

ClubWhatever

1 minute ago, ousux said:
On 11/11/2018 at 12:22 AM, TtomTerrific said:
really root for good things to happen for this guy.
has totally bought in and is a hard core Longhorn. 

Since Bonney left to sand aggy, aren't Heard and Beck the last of MBTF? Crazy, but it seems like forever since clappy was on the sidelines..

Vahe

On 11/10/2018 at 11:24 PM, ClubWhatever said:

I was trashing him at the beginning of the game but he made a couple of super clutch catches.  I take it all back.  

I don't know shit about Texas' roster.  I know this guy.  I know he's been through a bunch of coaches and been moved around all over the place.  Done whatever he was probably asked to do.  It's his last year and you're dogging him?  Only a piece of shit fan would do that.

• Like 1

I know it was a loss, but damn sure it wasn't on him. I remember when he started that drive, he had that aura about him that said he was about to be unstoppable. Even though what happened after was awful, I remember being so incredibly happy about Heard that night. He was simply badass. That confidence, that swagger, to actually come through. It was a fun moment during a long period of awful QBing at UT.

Edited by BigXII
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I don't know shit about Texas' roster.  I know this guy.  I know he's been through a bunch of coaches and been moved around all over the place.  Done whatever he was probably asked to do.  It's his last year and you're dogging him?  Only a piece of shit fan would do that.

It's par the course, you should know that.

That said, in all honesty, while he he had a great game yesterday, Heard has not been a good receiver for most of his career at Texas. And I don't blame him, it's not what he was brought here to do in 2013.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It's pretty remarkable that a guy with a couple of state titles at a semi-dynastic school would be such a team player.  His high school resume, if not his college performance, was a recipe for cuntiness (I'm looking at you Kyler Murray).  That he avoided that is a testament to his character, and probably his parents.

3 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I've always felt that when Tom Herman was hired, Heard should've moved back to QB. If Greg Ward Jr. & the QBs Herman had at tOSU can play in Herman's system, I don't see why Heard couldn't.

I would’ve thought he was a good fit for Herman’s system too, and I would’ve liked to see what he could do, but maybe Heard didn’t want to make the switch. Greg Ward and Braxton Miller play(ed) WR in the pros. To make it to the league as a QB was an extreme longshot for Heard. Maybe he decided that rather than joining the QB competition and trying to beat out Sam and Shane for snaps he’d be better off trying to get more experience and film as a receiver.

I've always felt that when Tom Herman was hired, Heard should've moved back to QB. If Greg Ward Jr. & the QBs Herman had at tOSU can play in Herman's system, I don't see why Heard couldn't.

Not that it matters at this point, but Heard doesn’t throw too well. Don’t forget, he got a look when things were looking rough that first year with injuries.

On 3/27/2019 at 8:25 PM, TwiceHorn said:

It's pretty remarkable that a guy with a couple of state titles at a semi-dynastic school would be such a team player.  His high school resume, if not his college performance, was a recipe for cuntiness (I'm looking at you Kyler Murray).  That he avoided that is a testament to his character, and probably his parents.

Perhaps his team leadership had to do with that semi-dynastic run. Guyer's records:

14-2 (with Heard)
15-1 (with Heard)
10-2
10-4
9-3
7-4
6-6

• Like 3

On 3/27/2019 at 8:01 PM, BurntEyes said:

Now I don't know if he has the physical ability to contribute meaningfully in the NFL

He 100% has the physical ability. I think it's the subsequent football playing ability that will be thrown into question. 

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

We disagree on this point. I think he certainly has the football intellect and physical dedication to play.

It's his physical ability in particular his size and hands that I fear might limit his NFL readiness.

Hopefully, we are both wrong and he kills it in the NFL. I know I'm pulling for him.

I feel like hands is more of a talent/ability thing but that's just being pedantic. 

My point is I don't think he's lacking in athleticism - it's more of a question what he does with his athletic ability. 

14 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Because Heard wasn't a hint of a shadow of the passer that Greg Ward was.  He had one game throwing long developing wheel routes against a Cal defense worthy of TTU level incompetence, and then generally looked terrible as a passer thereafter.  A fantastic athlete and team player that never really had a definitive football position or strength outside of the QB read option game. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic

Maybe he played QB for Guyer because he was their best athlete.  I’m not sure that Heard ever wanted to play QB.  As dumb as Charlie and Shawn were they had serious questions about his dedication in the film room with regards to QB.  I think Heard just wanted to win at Texas.  I hope he has tons of success in the pros.

Comment of notes on Heard:

I think his athleticism regressed. Speed and explosiveness just werent as noticeable on the field.

At QB, neither he nor Swoopes had a full compliment of pass protectors. Scheme was also suspect and “fluid”. Both of these things sapped their confidence and development.

He was noticeably deficient on short throws and throws on the run.

Not a natural pass catcher.

• 4 weeks later...