Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

That was clearly a joke, like Boaty McBoatface.  They would have rioted had that actually happened.

Sure, but can you imagine Admiral Ackbar patrolling the Ole Miss sideline in his swivel chair shouting, Watch the fumblerooskey...IT'S A TRAP!!!"? That's gold!

57 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I cannot believe teams are spending so much money on helmets....the most expensive piece of equipment in football.

UTEP has three helmets per player. Wow.

I guess if Nike or whomever is paying for it....but still.

Seems excessive. 

Why do they need multiple helmets, don’t they paint them every week? I thought even we (UT) repainted the helmets for every game. 

41 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

Goddammit. I fucking hate this with every ounce of my soul.  Every fucking year it's another abortion.  The only abortion ND endorses.  

It could be a case of where the Irish athletic department is looking for ways to expand the appeal and brand to youth who not know of ND, winning/ tradition as older fans...

23 hours ago, texifornia said:

Aw shit missed the edit window. To answer the other side of the question - all the Ole Miss sports teams started doing the Landshark thing, so yeah it's across the department:

trackfins.jpg

Don’t know but looks like to me they are trying to wipe SUMTHING off thier face

eeewwwwwww!!!

Edited by TexasTroll

Lmao nice jerseys ND. Almost makes the black/neon green with giant numbers Oregon Jersys look sane.

Honestly the people in charge getting paid big bux to design this shit are so horrible. Pintripe football pants? I thought Gators swamp-shit green-brown was the worst uniforms ever but these easily top it.

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

Lmao nice jerseys ND. Almost makes the black/neon green with giant numbers Oregon Jersys look sane.

Honestly the people in charge getting paid big bux to design this shit are so horrible. Pintripe football pants? I thought Gators swamp-shit green-brown was the worst uniforms ever but these easily top it.

Well, just imagine how lifelong Mets/ Fighting Irish fans feel:

tenor.gif?itemid=3547095

The concept is kind of neat, but god damn they came out hideous.  The helmet logo by itself would get the point across and be subtle enough to still look pretty sharp overall, assuming the rest of the uniform was normal.  Hell, they could probably even get away with the pants.  The shoulder and shoes are just too much and hideous.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

The concept is kind of neat, but god damn they came out hideous.  The helmet logo by itself would get the point across and be subtle enough to still look pretty sharp overall, assuming the rest of the uniform was normal.  Hell, they could probably even get away with the pants.  The shoulder and shoes are just too much and hideous.

Or, just a regular helmet & top combo, with the pants striped...

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:50 AM, JimmyHoffa said:

woof.

Someone on Reddit CFB posted that ND should have used the Mets as inspiration for their jerseys, seeing as neither hasn't won anything since the 80s.

I could make a joke about the Yankees U-ing in ND's B, but that would seem in bad taste given recent events.