Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I hate the Patriots with every fiber in my body but, those uniforms are light years better than that shit they now wear. The helmet is awesome.

Pat Patriot > Flying Elvis

It's a shame the shoulder stripes don't wrap all the way around below the armpits, though.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 6/21/2022 at 11:15 AM, DFW Horn said:

ImageImageImage

Pants getting shorter and shorter, soon they’ll be wearing speedos.  Baseballs looks to be following suit, saw someone had their pants pulled up above the knees.  

Edited by Underdog

On 6/18/2022 at 4:07 AM, BigHorn'13 said:

Any news on our new uniforms for the season? I seem to remember some tweet last year to CDC in which he replied next season. 

nothing concrete; but there is more chatter. 
And I too, remember CDC tweeting something last summer.

I also recall many times, his pseudo quoting DKR about they’re not about to “candy up” the uni’s….which has me very gruntled. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

I can tell you've never officiated a game at any level.

Of course not. I have better things to do with my time. I’ve also watched games where Northwestern played in those uniforms and never once did I see the officials struggle identifying the number of a player committing a penalty. No more than they do on players wearing any other uniform on any other team, anyway. Haven’t you heard? The officials suck. Don’t brag about being one. 

• Fuck You 1

22 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

nothing concrete; but there is more chatter. 
And I too, remember CDC tweeting something last summer.

I also recall many times, his pseudo quoting DKR about they’re not about to “candy up” the uni’s….which has me very gruntled. 

Thanks and I thought that was the direction implied. I'm just happy the end zones are the correct shade of Burnt Orange. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Thanks and I thought that was the direction implied. I'm just happy the end zones are the correct shade of Burnt Orange. 

Amen to this! 
And I don’t get it; at a time when Okie State’s “a brighter shade of orange” campaign was running full throttle, the University was throwing down those abominable end zones and seemed to have t-shirts, stadium cups and everything else to go along with them. 
I couldn’t tell if it was Syracuse orange, Tennessee orange or okie state orange.  All I know is it wasn’t BURNT ORANGE.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/22/2022 at 10:14 PM, DFW Horn said:

Screen-Shot-2022-06-22-at-1.18.35-PM-750x422.png

Pat Patriot and the red are badass,  overall an upgrade and the patriotic Elvis they have now needs to die.

But the newer jerseys with almost no sleeve mean the circular shoulder stripes look weird and unintegrated. They need to swoop all the way around or just not be there. 

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Announcers can’t read those numbers either.  

NCAA Rules state that jerseys must have contrasting colors for numerals, but it also states knee pads must cover the knees. Merchandising is prioritized over common sense and player safety. Follow the money.

On 6/26/2022 at 8:38 AM, Lat22 said:

This is a perfect picture of everything that needs to go. 

0E546913-2C59-4D04-81B1-57C55D15A582.jpeg

I'll never quite understand the obsession with just a color and a number. The only thing that needs to go here is the longhorn on the collar. It's the only thing that is truly unpleasing based on its location and redundancy since its on the helmet. I've always known there to be a big block TEXAS on the front and I like the look.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 3:54 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

It’s fun for me to laugh at Michigan but their relationship with Adidas was...not good.

5748B6C6-5619-4858-A7A8-E69205CA4C47.png.a1004ee280123e7c6be61bf4cdc7b851.png

Speaking of Adidas. I posted this elsewhere and I’m not sure if it was ever posted in this thread before so, just in case it wasn’t, here it is.

Screenshot-11.png

• Haha 1