Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

11 hours ago, 'stache said:

The scheduling could be worked around and i don't care if they have 30 year old college kids. What will always hold them back is general fundy-ism. They are simply an older, larger Liberty or Oral Roberts University who joined the D-1 party before anybody gave a fuck.  They will never join the Pac or Big 12.

BYU is nothing like Liberty, Oral Roberts or even Baylor.  

• Fuck You 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amusing idea -  using college colors on NFL helmets.  https://thesportsdrop.com/combining-nfl-helmets-with-the-colors-of-local-college-teams/

cowboys-02-edited.jpg

"With all due respect to any other city in the state of Texas, only Dallas would get the honor of combining the legendary Dallas Cowboys color scheme with that of the beloved University of Texas Longhorns."

texans-edited.jpg

"While there are some people in the state who’d argue any college-NFL helmet for the state of Texas should be burnt orange, there’s nice symmetry here."

2 hours ago, Horndog said:

Amusing idea -  using college colors on NFL helmets.  https://thesportsdrop.com/combining-nfl-helmets-with-the-colors-of-local-college-teams/

cowboys-02-edited.jpg

"With all due respect to any other city in the state of Texas, only Dallas would get the honor of combining the legendary Dallas Cowboys color scheme with that of the beloved University of Texas Longhorns."

texans-edited.jpg

"While there are some people in the state who’d argue any college-NFL helmet for the state of Texas should be burnt orange, there’s nice symmetry here."

the problem here is the owner of the Texans is a longhorn alum and played for coach royal on a national title team.  cannot put the aggies on him like that (note NOT A TEXANS fan)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

the problem here is the owner of the Texans is a longhorn alum and played for coach royal on a national title team.  cannot put the aggies on him like that (note NOT A TEXANS fan)

And the owner of the Cowboys was a co-captain on Arkie's national championship team. I doubt he appreciates the idea of burnt orange on a Cowboys' helmet.  

On 9/20/2019 at 3:55 PM, texifornia said:

Strong agree w this take, as perfectly aggy as noon glow-in-the-dark unis were

Problem isn't so much the shoulder stripes - they had those in the 70s, so at least there is a throwback/historical element there. 

But the beveled/shaded numbers and letter are cheesy as hell and make their jerseys look like that cheap, unlicensed crap that is sold in Wal-Marts or in grocery stores. 

1 minute ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Problem isn't so much the shoulder stripes - they had those in the 70s, so at least there is a throwback/historical element there. 

But the beveled/shaded numbers and letter are cheesy as hell and make their jerseys look like that cheap, unlicensed crap that is sold in Wal-Marts or in grocery stores. 

Yeah beveled aTm is as trashy as it comes, like when Miss State adds gold flair to their unis.

3 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

When they added those I shoulder stripes, I thought they were deliberately playing up and embracing their Mississippi State-like qualities, i.e. being a second tier ag school that wears maroon and never threatens to win anything meaningful.

4 hours ago, Horndog said:

cowboys-02-edited.jpg

texans-edited.jpg

Fuck that shit in the ass. 

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Why fuck Penn? What have they done to you?

Swam against them in college. Actually generally perfectly fine alumni base that is fun to rile up by asking them what State College was like and their favorite Nittany Lion game.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Yeah beveled aTm is as trashy as it comes, like when Miss State adds gold flair to their unis.

I thought they just did that for the Egg Bowl.  Which is kind of cool.  Hell, if we didn't already have more flair on our jerseys than a Chotskies' waitress I'd vote for a patch for Texas-ou every year.  Golden Hat with "ou sucks" below it. Or, is that disrespectful to the rivalry? Need to call Urban.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

SIAP, Texas Tech is wearing all-white unis for the blOU game tomorrow.

Much nicer looking than our normal unis (i.e. the ones with the checkmark things on the jerseys), imo.  I really think the above should be our standard road uni, and our '80s/early '90s style black helmet/black jersey/silver pants throwbacks should be our standard home uni.  

59 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

Much nicer looking than our normal unis (i.e. the ones with the checkmark things on the jerseys), imo.  I really think the above should be our standard road uni, and our '80s/early '90s style black helmet/black jersey/silver pants throwbacks should be our standard home uni.  

I don't agree on the white helmets on the road, but black helmets on white/white with red trim is a good look for you guys. Black helmets on white jersey w red trim and black pants, also good. I agree the black/black/gray at home is awesome. Black and red don't really work as co-dominant colors-- like black/black/red is too loud, but black/black/white pants w red trim would work. Tech though is one of the few schools that I think looks cool when they do something like all-reds as a change of pace. Like, A&M in all-maroon looks fucking stupid, but Tech in all red looks cool. 

I rarely care what a program ever did in the distant past in terms of deciding what its best look is. A&M used to have shoulder stripes and white helmets? Who fucking cares, both of those things look stupid on them. As with Tech, they look best in dark helmets. They can switch their pants from dark to white on the road, either is acceptable. 

Michigan wore white pants in the 70s? Who fucking cares, they look better in maize pants. Michigan had one of the best, arguably THE best, road combinations in the game pre-Harbaugh, but the white pants look washes the combination out. Too white, not colorful enough, looks muted. Inferior option.

40 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I don't agree on the white helmets on the road, but black helmets on white/white with red trim is a good look for you guys. Black helmets on white jersey w red trim and black pants, also good. I agree the black/black/gray at home is awesome. Black and red don't really work as co-dominant colors-- like black/black/red is too loud, but black/black/white pants w red trim would work. Tech though is one of the few schools that I think looks cool when they do something like all-reds as a change of pace. Like, A&M in all-maroon looks fucking stupid, but Tech in all red looks cool. 

I rarely care what a program ever did in the distant past in terms of deciding what its best look is. A&M used to have shoulder stripes and white helmets? Who fucking cares, both of those things look stupid on them. As with Tech, they look best in dark helmets. They can switch their pants from dark to white on the road, either is acceptable. 

Michigan wore white pants in the 70s? Who fucking cares, they look better in maize pants. Michigan had one of the best, arguably THE best, road combinations in the game pre-Harbaugh, but the white pants look washes the combination out. Too white, not colorful enough, looks muted. Inferior option.

Black/white/black was more or less our standard road combo for a long time, and I agree it's a good look.  They have a throwback version (corresponding to the '80 style home combo I mentioned), but I don't think they've worn it in a while.  I remember them wearing those when Mahomes was a sophomore and we beat Arky in Fayetteville in 2015, but I can't recall seeing them since that season.  They have done black/white/black with the modern style unis. 

From the Tuberville years forward, we've occasionally done white helmet/white jersey/red pants on the road, which looks like absolute shit.  That may be the worst, most non-Tech looking uni they've ever pulled out (leaving aside some of the grotesqueries, like all the all-gray unis, that we wore in Kliff's first two seasons and never revisited).

I like all red with a black helmet.  For some reason, I think white helmets are OK as a change of pace, but red helmets on Tech are just weird.

Needless to say, leaving aside the color combos, these throwbacks are generally superior because of the traditional striping, traditional fonts and, most importantly, the non-bevelled/2D double T.  

Edited by Dirk X West
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

There is a school whose patch addiction is worse than ours

apphoto-sacramento-st-arizona-st-footbal

At least they don’t have a giant font and unnecessary collar logo too. We should have never changed from VY/Colt era unis.

Understated yet classic...soooo much better. The throwbacks we have worn in the past would be great as well. We need to get that shit fixed though, our jerseys are a mess these days.

• Like 1