Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The Spiderman font is astonishingly tacky. For a good academic school it's near-criminal to have it anywhere near their campus.

The script helmet is great.

Yeah that was Urbs..  They called it the Speed F or some shit.   I think the culprit is that there are a few others schools that used the same Block F and the Branding Bros were having none of that.  #teamblockF4life

/csb my old Block F hat just got relegated to garage and yard work only...  it's finally ratted out beyond reasonable casual wear....  RIP

20 minutes ago, Underdog said:

When did EMU go gray with their field?  After EWU or before? 

Wikipedia says it went gray before the 2014 season.  EWU went red in 2010.

I had assumed the NCAA had a rule (post EWU) banning any college from putting in a non-green turf - but I can't find one.  Looks like it may have been discussed but never officially passed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_football_venues_with_non-traditional_field_colors

29 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Does TCU go with the Purple/white that often?  I like that look for KSU better than the purple/silver, it’s a good clean look. 

Looks like they wore white-purple-white twice last year, along with a couple other combos that were just purple and white. They also did white-purple-white in their opener this year. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Underdog said:

Does TCU go with the Purple/white that often?  I like that look for KSU better than the purple/silver, it’s a good clean look. 

Agreed. They always looked like some kind of cheap purple knock-off version of Dallas. This is a better look for them.

I flipped to the Rams-Seahawks game last night. 

The blue and gold 80s/90s-era home unis they've been wearing are great. 

Image result for la rams

But the road unis are a disaster. They have gold trim on the jersey, but none on the helmet or pants, which makes it look awkward - like they decided to redesign them but ran out of time and just said "screw it, we've redesigned the pants and helmet, just use the old jerseys". And on top of that, the shade of the gold is completely different than what they wear in the home unis. Different shade of blue too, though that's less noticeable. They need to align these better. 

Image result for la rams

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Image result for la rams

But the road unis are a disaster. They have gold trim on the jersey, but none on the helmet or pants, which makes it look awkward - like they decided to redesign them but ran out of time and just said "screw it, we've redesigned the pants and helmet, just use the old jerseys". And on top of that, the shade of the gold is completely different than what they wear in the home unis. Different shade of blue too, though that's less noticeable. They need to align these better. 

Image result for la rams

Yeah the gold trim makes them look almost like the Baylor unis.  I guess it's a nod to their last unis in St. Louis during their Super Bowl run mixed with their late 60's early 70's navy and white period.

On 10/3/2019 at 8:58 AM, Underdog said:

I like the silver helmet with purple powercat logo better.  It's reminiscent of the Dallas Cowboys, which was of course Snyder's intent when he did it.

15 hours ago, bolverk said:

Agreed. They always looked like some kind of cheap purple knock-off version of Dallas. This is a better look for them.

Heh, that's what I liked about them.  When he introduced the uniform, Snyder said something like, "This uniform looks like the Dallas Cowboys.  It's what winners wear."  I thought that was great.

(of course, it was happening at a time when the Cowboys were actually winning, which helped...)

Edited by utee94

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Image result for la rams

Image result for la rams

The glaring difference in the shades of blue catches my attention

17 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I actually don't mind the mismatched blue from the Rams' jersey to the helmet...not sure why that doesn't bug me. I guess because they were the same way back in the day. 

I remember the Rams from my childhood like this, seems like they could match it pretty well at the time:

Eric_Dickerson.0.0.jpeg