Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are just trolling you UT fans, right?  They should not be fucking with a classic uni like Texas uses.

Then again, my own school insists upon gray and fucked up unis, when our classic black and red kick ass.

It is mindbottling.

4 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

remove the number on the helmet and these are perfect. If you wanted to throw in the double stripe on the pants (as in Earl era) I wouldn't complain. 

Team no stripes anywhere with the TEXAS across the jersey. I know we can't do much about the Nike symbol but these look perfect to me (aside from the shade.)

6_4719378.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Team no stripes anywhere with the TEXAS across the jersey. I know we can't do much about the Nike symbol but these look perfect to me (aside from the shade.)

6_4719378.jpg

No TEXAS>TEXAS

In fact, I’d rather keep the collar logo and lose Texas than have Texas on there at all.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2018 at 12:03 PM, Steamboat1874 said:

This is what we should be wearing.....

american-college-football-player-tommy-n

I seriously don't understand some of you alls' obsession with just numbers.  The "TEXAS" across the chest looks good and has become iconic for UT.  The collar logo is the only thing I agree with most of you guys is too much and should go away.  You're current unis, with that sole relatively minor exception, are sharp and iconic and should remain.  I have no comment on the shade of orange.  There does appear to have been a lightening over the years, but it still looks burnt to me in contrast to OSU orange. 

Edited by 'stache

9 hours ago, texifornia said:

Oh look it was all a huge freakout over an instagram filter. Just like Bryan Carrington said.

(it's still probably a shade too light, but no change from last year. It'll also get darker when sweaty.)

Looks like something off an EA NCAA football game

9 hours ago, texifornia said:

Oh look it was all a huge freakout over an instagram filter. Just like Bryan Carrington said.

(it's still probably a shade too light, but no change from last year. It'll also get darker when sweaty.)

Here is a shot of the updated uniforms at Oklahoma:

Thick collar alternates are dumb, though I weirdly like the white helmet. Originals are classic and good (no collar logo makes them look way cleaner than ours, who'd have thunk it?). Basketball logo is still deeply stupid.

One further inspection, they seem to have moved away from a classic varsity font to something a little more modern, even on the classic unis. Really messes with the traditional look once you notice it - that N is taking up too much space, especially.

Edited by texifornia

10 hours ago, texifornia said:

These ones actually seem to match out official shade. Below is Pantone 159.

Edited by satyanash
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, satyanash said:

These ones actually seem to match out official shade. Below is Pantone 159.

Are you color blind?

Those two colors are not even close to the same.

I actually prefer the color of the jersey to that color sample.

Back in the day our color had its own name....Texas Orange and this was it.....

worster_original.jpg?1273945603

15 hours ago, texifornia said:

Thick collar alternates are dumb, though I weirdly like the white helmet. Originals are classic and good (no collar logo makes them look way cleaner than ours, who'd have thunk it?). Basketball logo is still deeply stupid.

One further inspection, they seem to have moved away from a classic varsity font to something a little more modern, even on the classic unis. Really messes with the traditional look once you notice it - that N is taking up too much space, especially.

If I had to wear a Jordan polo to a football game I would feel like a dickhead.

18 hours ago, texifornia said:

Jumpman is going to be infecting my Gator uniforms too. Why in the heck are they putting a dude dunking a basketball on the football unis.

16 hours ago, PatSolitanojr said:

The bigger question is why do administrations agree to this?

Old whitey (administration) is desperate to make some executive decisions that will boost recruiting and get the kids excited. Looks like Dan Mullen is all about the "swag" though.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/dan-mullen-and-his-swagged-out-jordans-are-giving-florida-the-kick-in-the-backside-it-needs/

As long as they don't bring back those horrific lose-to-aggy swamp shit brown uniforms.

florida-green-uniforms-the-swamp.jpg?ito

Edited by Zavala

More than a lot of other colors, orange is very susceptible to lighting. The same exact orange jersey is going to look very different depending on whether the player is standing in the shade or in the sun or under fluorescent lights or under the big lights at a night game. Not to mention the different factors involved in the photo being taken. Do a google image search for any day game last year, and look at the different photos that show up. 

For example:

boyd-via-AP-1024x576.jpg

31497_res.cloudinary.comRGZ-UT-OU-2015-7

Same game, same day, same jersey, same field. 

Edited by Thermos H. Christ
  • Like 2

On 7/22/2018 at 12:24 PM, 'stache said:

I seriously don't understand some of you alls' obsession with just numbers.  The "TEXAS" across the chest looks good and has become iconic for UT.  The collar logo is the only thing I agree with most of you guys is too much and should go away.  You're current unis, with that sole relatively minor exception, are sharp and iconic and should remain.  I have no comment on the shade of orange.  There does appear to have been a lightening over the years, but it still looks burnt to me in contrast to OSU orange. 

For the first 70+ years or so of Texas football the jerseys didn’t read “TEXAS” on the chest. People did and should recognize that it is Texas from the shade of orange, white helmet, and longhorn logo. 

The elites, blue bloods, and historic colleges don’t have to put their name on the jersey for people to know who they are. Notre Dame, USC, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Nebraska, Tennessee, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Clemson, UCLA, UW, and Stanford (this is not an exhaustive list, I just stopped here) all have jerseys without their school name. A few like LSU and Auburn have their name but in tiny font at the collar as an alternative to the logo some schools put there.

School names on the jerseys are for the Kansases, Iowa States, Baylors, etc. of the world.

ramonce-taylor-and-jamaal-charles-of-the

• Like 2