Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it so much. Chocolate brown is not burnt orange, it is not any orange, and it is ugly. After like 20 years we finally get the turf the right color and we have to screw up the helmets again? If the "burnt orange" on the jersey and the helmet are different colors, at least one of them is the wrong color by definition. And the right one can't be the one that is not a shade of orange at all, and doesn't match one other thing in that stadium. It's much closer to aggy maroon than it is to burnt orange. It sucks.

Edited by Thermos H. Christ
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 5

38 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

I hate it so much. Chocolate brown is not burnt orange, it is not any orange, and it is ugly. After like 20 years we finally get the turf the right color and we have to screw up the helmets again? If the "burnt orange" on the jersey and the helmet are different colors, at least one of them is the wrong color by definition. And the right one can't be the one that is not a shade of orange at all, and doesn't match one other thing in that stadium. It's much closer to aggy maroon than it is to burnt orange. It sucks.

Sally's burnt cookies are back, baby! #nostalgia

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Is this really a throwback logo? I checked the helmet project and it doesn't show this symbol. It looks like something a fly-by-night tech company would come up with as a brand.

image.png.dc9432562f3e47c106e5b516f4d337cc.png

I was thinking it might be a reference to the Wichita flag design (which is good and KU's colors) but not quite

Spoiler

Wichita%20Flag_crop

3 hours ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Disagree. That color on the helmet is the same color I have on my game worn helmet from the 1990's. It's fucking rad.

Aggy Maroon is either a stupid version of purple or a lame version of red. 

Edited by Droopy
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Zeus said:
18 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Wtf are you doing.  Do this. Nothing else

FrazierOlined.jpg

They were hoping to “camouflage” the product they’re putting on the field, but couldn’t even get that right…☹️😣😖

Edited by NTVTXN
I’m not sure why I quoted Zeus..? Oh well, enjoy the free rep! 🤘🏻

5 hours ago, Zeus said:

FB_IMG_1630500423024.jpg

FB_IMG_1630500394086.jpg

Asking the fans to wear white as well.  Not a huge fan of the stormtrooper look with the orange helmet.  If you are going to break from tradition (traditional home units are fantastic), then go all out with the alt white helmets which we already have.  This feels like a half step, which is no step at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, SurlyGator said:

Asking the fans to wear white as well.  Not a huge fan of the stormtrooper look with the orange helmet.  If you are going to break from tradition (traditional home units are fantastic), then go all out with the alt white helmets which we already have.  This feels like a half step, which is no step at all.

Yeah they've done their version of stormtrooper with the white F helmet I believe. 

There's just something about that Orange helmet with the gators cursive that is just so fucking iconic I don't really love helmet changes with the Gators. Probably my love for the ole ball coach's Gator teams growing up. 

94024263.jpg

496148012.0.jpg

Just now, Zeus said:

Yeah they've done their version of stormtrooper with the white F helmet I believe. 

There's just something about that Orange helmet with the gators cursive that is just so fucking iconic I don't really love helmet changes with the Gators. Probably my love for the ole ball coach's Gator teams growing up. 

94024263.jpg

496148012.0.jpg

When the alternative is that 90s energy drink font I can see why their fans would be nostalgic for cursive 

Not a fan of the white helmets.

On 8/31/2021 at 2:21 PM, 'stache said:

Is this really a throwback logo? I checked the helmet project and it doesn't show this symbol. It looks like something a fly-by-night tech company would come up with as a brand.

image.png.dc9432562f3e47c106e5b516f4d337cc.png

I  guess if you are going to play like shit you might as well look like shit doing it.