Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

50 minutes ago, TX Wing Fan said:

After seeing the white cleats with the home unis return towards the end of last season, I can safely say that I prefer them to the blacks. They give the whole uniform a cleaner look that really helps showcase our two colors.

My big problem with the black cleats is that we always pair them with black socks, which is leads to there being too much of an imbalance of color across the home set. IMO it wouldn't be as noticeable if we wore them with white socks, like many of the other blue bloods do (Penn State, USC, Bama).

Think it would also be cool if we could wore certain cleat colors for big games, kind of like how Clemson wears orange pants when they play for championships.

I tend to agree. although the pic I chose shows knee length socks, I think the black socks look best when they stay below the calf. at that point however the length is a player preference, and it might amount to a cleaner overall team look if we went with white socks and black cleats. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old man rant:   Please stop playing football in shorts!!!!  That shit is starting to bleed over to baseball now too.  Football and Baseball are meant to be played while wearing pants!  

Well, except for this...  image.jpeg.ba6e1b60d92eb9f080bdf1cb037f8279.jpeg

Maybe that should be the rule - hey punter, you don't want your pants to cover your knees, here's some hot pants to wear.    </end rant>

1 hour ago, MAUFRAIS said:

I’ve thought a unique scheme would be to do burnt orange with no Texas and no names on the back at home, all whites with Texas on the front and names on the back on the road.

I like that idea. as great as our stormtroopers are, the home jerseys are the iconic look which anyone can look at & say that's Texas without having to even see the logo or read the jersey. The away look features our signature color much less prominently, and personally I think the "TEXAS" on the chest looks great as well as making it more identifiable. the suits we brought out for Baylor last year were clean, we can all agree on that, but for week-in week-out play, I think we'd be better off with "TEXAS" on there for away games.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&amp;White said:

I'm interested to see what we roll out next year as CDC said we're getting new uniforms.

I wasn't aware that there was already confirmation of new uni's. mind showing me where he said that?

I like the Orange top/White pants/Black socks home look. I think it just looks right. Don't know how else to explain it.

No "Texas" on either uniform imo. We're the only team that wears stormtroopers with orange (unless Tennessee decides to do a ripoff alternate). I think it's fine info-wise, and looks better visually.

3 hours ago, stickyicky said:
4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm interested to see what we roll out next year as CDC said we're getting new uniforms.

I wasn't aware that there was already confirmation of new uni's. mind showing me where he said that?

I don’t know that CDC said they’re “getting new uni’s”, he did however mention something to the effect of “having something in store for you”.  I read “you” as us, the fans.

I think it was on the CDC thread…

While CDC did outright say that we'll be getting new uniforms 2022, he didn't really elaborate as to what extent they'll be "new". Some have speculated that we'll see a more "burnt" shade of orange on the jerseys or that the actual makeup of the jerseys will change, but nothing is for sure. It could also just mean that we'll be upgrading to the new Vapor Fusion uniform template (the one Oregon has been wearing), with little to no change to the actual details of the jersey.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, stickyicky said:

9042F7D8-6A96-44AF-B21F-47E658507596.thumb.jpeg.e23320fd513881ee10faa9bc4761401b.jpegfound it

Yep, that’s it.

I could see where one could interpret that as “Texas is getting new uni’s” next season”, but with as many times as CDC has replied with “why mess with perfection, my friend” in response to a some dude on Twitter asking about a black, gray or color-rush option (🙄), I find it really hard to think they’re getting a third option.  
Perhaps he’s talking about throw back uni’s.  I’d love that.

4 minutes ago, TX Wing Fan said:

While CDC did outright say that we'll be getting new uniforms 2022, he didn't really elaborate as to what extent they'll be "new". Some have speculated that we'll see a more "burnt" shade of orange on the jerseys or that the actual makeup of the jerseys will change, but nothing is for sure. It could also just mean that we'll be upgrading to the new Vapor Fusion uniform template (the one Oregon has been wearing), with little to no change to the actual details of the jersey.

CDC told Nike, “fuck it. We don’t need your Vapor Fusion/ we’re going back to tear-aways. Bijan’s going to rush for 500yards…in one game.😁🤘🏻

57 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Yep, that’s it.

I could see where one could interpret that as “Texas is getting new uni’s” next season”, but with as many times as CDC has replied with “why mess with perfection, my friend” in response to a some dude on Twitter asking about a black, gray or color-rush option (🙄), I find it really hard to think they’re getting a third option.  
Perhaps he’s talking about throw back uni’s.  I’d love that.

I don't think it means a third option at all. It could mean a redesign, though (within historical parameters, obviously - things like sleeve vs. shoulder numbers, TEXAS or not, Longhorn collar logo, Longhorn vs. stripes on pants, etc. - the sorts of minor tweaks we have made over the years).

34 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

I don't think it means a third option at all. It could mean a redesign, though (within historical parameters, obviously - things like sleeve vs. shoulder numbers, TEXAS or not, Longhorn collar logo, Longhorn vs. stripes on pants, etc. - the sorts of minor tweaks we have made over the years).

Less is more. Just do this and we’ll have the best unis in college football: 

image.jpeg.1453bf057cf0330e27c4ab2db82059bb.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 7:00 PM, Hank Chinaski said:

Less is more. Just do this and we’ll have the best unis in college football: 

image.jpeg.1453bf057cf0330e27c4ab2db82059bb.jpeg

UT’s best look imo, not much of a fan of the practice pants look.  When did schools start putting their name on football unis? I know Texas and OU didn’t have it back in the early 70s, Houston may have been the first I remember doing it.  

4 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Fuck it…. I like them.  Do you, Oregon.  

Agree on the fore mentioned old school Baylor look…. I like this kind of party! 

Mid-70s to mid-90s was peak uniform era.  Not all of the, were great but it was hard to find really bad ones. There’s one template and team that I blame for messing things up and that’s this. Which is in every way worse than what came before but no one seemed to call it out at the time. 

image.thumb.jpeg.8e322519641365c7dc5202a15b9d0ea4.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

On 10/21/2021 at 4:52 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

Probably not a popular opinion: I like the old-school mascots on merch but not on uniforms. Baylor should always wear these:

image.thumb.jpeg.3e662643eca3ae3db4f3ceffa0e1bac3.jpeg

5 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Whatever he’s looking at must be mighty scary.

B783C134-D932-4E67-A331-B7684EFEF2FE.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Mid-70s to mid-90s was peak uniform era.  Not all of the, were great but it was hard to find really bad ones. There’s one template and team that I blame for messing things up and that’s this. Which is in every way worse than what came before but no one seemed to call it out at the time. 

image.thumb.jpeg.8e322519641365c7dc5202a15b9d0ea4.jpeg

By Surly's standards... Blue top with white pants, minimum fuckery on chest, and mascot(team logo, in this instance) prominently displayed on Hemet. 

"Those work clothes" /s/ the olds

On 10/21/2021 at 4:52 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

Probably not a popular opinion: I like the old-school mascots on merch but not on uniforms. Baylor should always wear these:

image.thumb.jpeg.3e662643eca3ae3db4f3ceffa0e1bac3.jpeg

That's a great look. For the life of me I cannot understand why Baylor moved away from Gold hats as well as made mustard a primary color.

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

By Surly's standards... Blue top with white pants, minimum fuckery on chest, and mascot(team logo, in this instance) prominently displayed on Hemet. 

"Those work clothes" /s/ the olds

Counterpoint: The Broncos did this better than so many that followed them, but a lot of the elements that are terrible popped up here, executed about as well as can be done with them.

1. Small word marks and logos on the chest. Look at that picture, you have to squint to make out Broncos. Word marks on the chest should be either absent or easily readable from say, the first couple of rows of seats at a stadium. See the Baylor example I posted. 

2. Redesigned CG logos and mascots to look “fierce” and to look simple bit really not be. Good logos should be fairly easy to reproduce freehand by a non-artist in a few seconds: Longhorns, Cowboys, Clemson, the old Tech double T without bevels, etc.

3. Dumping bright, fun colors for a more “intimidating” darker version and diving into colors that don’t come in the standard Crayola box, so you get a bunch of muddiness. Teams dropped great Royal blues for Navy, Kelly greens for ever darker greens,   silvers for gray, etc.

4. Futzing with fonts and numbers and in the process making things less legible.

5. Putting swoops and go-fast stripes in weird places, making them pointy, etc. 

You can get away with breaking a few of these but as you start piling them up, things get worse. That redesign template was also EVERYWHERE from NFL to high school, and it was in every way worse than what came before:

image.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Counterpoint: The Broncos did this better than so many that followed them, but a lot of the elements that are terrible popped up here, executed about as well as can be done with them.

1. Small word marks and logos on the chest. Look at that picture, you have to squint to make out Broncos. Word marks on the chest should be either absent or easily readable from say, the first couple of rows of seats at a stadium. See the Baylor example I posted. 

2. Redesigned CG logos and mascots to look “fierce” and to look simple bit really not be. Good logos should be fairly easy to reproduce freehand by a non-artist in a few seconds: Longhorns, Cowboys, Clemson, the old Tech double T without bevels, etc.

3. Dumping bright, fun colors for a more “intimidating” darker version and diving into colors that don’t come in the standard Crayola box, so you get a bunch of muddiness. Teams dropped great Royal blues for Navy, Kelly greens for ever darker greens,   silvers for gray, etc.

4. Futzing with fonts and numbers and in the process making things less legible.

You can get away with breaking a few of these but as you start piling them up, things get worse. That redesign template was also EVERYWHERE from NFL to high school, and it was in every way worse than what came before:

image.jpeg

I like those rules - they remind me of the principles of good flag design.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

image.jpeg

That's a lot of words for the conclusion pic to include multiple insignias and numbers. "Why the NFL emblem gotta be on a professional football player?" 

I'm just saying some of the folks around here are ridiculous with their preferences.