Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

3 hours ago, LTbear said:

They are only allowed in the Big 12 if they go back to Sparky on their helmets. Get rid of the dumb pitchfork helmets and embrace the awesome. 

aad47192-6831-11eb-bc00-908c10a5850a_imaI blame this asshole for the pitchfork

bxsasdoccaapuoo.0.jpg

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to get technical, I think USC is the only team in the P5 that has never worn a true alternate, and they wear the same home and away set for every game. PSU, Alabama, and Texas have all worn some form of alternate uniform at one point or another (although the differences between the alts and the regular uniforms for theses schools are usually really minor).

On 8/10/2022 at 3:15 PM, TX Wing Fan said:

If you want to get technical, I think USC is the only team in the P5 that has never worn a true alternate, and they wear the same home and away set for every game. PSU, Alabama, and Texas have all worn some form of alternate uniform at one point or another (although the differences between the alts and the regular uniforms for theses schools are usually really minor).

Every offseason there are some dumbfucks on USC boards that ask if this will finally be the year USC breaks out alternates.  They post their Photoshop mockups of blackout uniforms, alternate logos, wildly different designs etc and go on tangents about how it needs to be done for recruiting purposes.  It warms my heart that about 90% of users tell them to fuck off and go watch Oregon if they need to play Barbie doll dress up with football players.  What little tradition and history that still exists in CFB needs to be preserved.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/10/2022 at 3:15 PM, TX Wing Fan said:

Point of Order!

Technically, our "alternative" unis were throw backs.  I believe there is a difference between those terms with regard to intention, application and respect for the school's history.

Now granted, Coach Potato tried to bedazzle the the most iconic logo in college football and there was the ridiculous "gold outlining" for the 2 Texas - blowu games. But, the Coach Potato years were comparable to the Great Depression wherein we had wealthy alums throwing themselves out of their luxury suites.

On 8/19/2022 at 2:21 PM, 'stache said:

Just make the pants grey again and not the teal-grey whatever and the unis are perfect. No need for this gimmick crap.

I've gotten so used to the blue-silver pants I'm not sure I want them changed now. Two years ago they at least changed the shade/ tint from more greenish to more blueish. 

• Hook 'Em 1