Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally wrote an email to our AD complaining about these "digital clock" numbers. He actually responded and said that he had several similar emails and to stay tuned. The next year we got vastly improved unis. Who on planet earth could approve these as a passable look?

MLB Draft: A's pick Kyler Murray's football decision, explained by a guy  who gets it - SBNation.com

• Haha 2

I literally wrote an email to our AD complaining about these "digital clock" numbers. He actually responded and said that he had several similar emails and to stay tuned. The next year we got vastly improved unis. Who on planet earth could approve these as a passable look?

1423638.jpg.jpg
Ha, those are what we had when I was there. Just awful.

On 9/1/2022 at 10:58 AM, 'stache said:

MLB Draft: A's pick Kyler Murray's football decision, explained by a guy  who gets it - SBNation.com

LOL that wasn't even the weirdest thing about these uniforms.

Remember when they would scale the size of the letters on the nameplate based on how many letters were in the name?

I always remember Clay Coe's name on the back:  C     O    E

51 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Sparky is definitely better than the fork, but I'm not a fan of oversized faces on the helmets (Pistol Pete included). Their prior look was spot on.

Brock Osweiler is Learning A New - and Fun - Playbook - Arizona State  University Athletics

I just think those are the absolute worst colors. My wife’s high school in San Diego basically copied their colors and mascot and we always argue about it because she thinks a roadrunner is ridiculous. 

Just make the pants grey again and not the teal-grey whatever and the unis are perfect. No need for this gimmick crap.

The current “Cowboys Star Blue” pants are awful. They are way more bluish green than the original sea foam grey the Tex Schramm liked in the interior of some car he liked In the late 70’s. The original pants were like a medium charcoal gray.

I prefer navy numerals on white jerseys but they seem to be intent on incorporating more royal blue. That is the color of the original loser blue jerseys. A lot of folks like the old numerals with the heavy serif. I hated those numbers as a kid.

So if I were running things I would keep the current navy jersey/silver pants uni as is. For the home uni I would go back to navy numerals, and the sea foam gray pants as worn in the Troy era. Don’t really care about alts as long as they aren’t garish like a bad Oregon outfit.

Worst trend in unis is the waist to shoes single color pants and socks. Like Seattle last night. That looks like they’re playing in long pants. Besides the awful color.

6 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

The current “Cowboys Star Blue” pants are awful. They are way more bluish green than the original sea foam grey the Tex Schramm liked in the interior of some car he liked In the late 70’s. The original pants were like a medium charcoal gray.

I prefer navy numerals on white jerseys but they seem to be intent on incorporating more royal blue. That is the color of the original loser blue jerseys. A lot of folks like the old numerals with the heavy serif. I hated those numbers as a kid.

So if I were running things I would keep the current navy jersey/silver pants uni as is. For the home uni I would go back to navy numerals, and the sea foam gray pants as worn in the Troy era. Don’t really care about alts as long as they aren’t garish like a bad Oregon outfit.

Worst trend in unis is the waist to shoes single color pants and socks. Like Seattle last night. That looks like they’re playing in long pants. Besides the awful color.

The original sea foam green pants were actually very very green, but they looked more silver on shitty old TV. As TV got better, how green they were started to be more easily seen. Supposedly, the color switch a couple years ago was meant to do away with the increasingly obvious green tint. Personally, if the pants aren't going to be a silver that actually matches the helmet, I like the current blue-silver over the aquamarine green. 

The original sea foam green pants were actually very very green, but they looked more silver on shitty old TV. As TV got better, how green they were started to be more easily seen. Supposedly, the color switch a couple years ago was meant to do away with the increasingly obvious green tint. Personally, if the pants aren't going to be a silver that actually matches the helmet, I like the current blue-silver over the aquamarine green. 

I thought they were more ice blue than green. I look at pics from back then and It seems that way. I agree that just using the silver pants for both navy and white would work. Or the old charcoal.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

I thought they were more ice blue than green. I look at pics from back then and It seems that way. I agree that just using the silver pants for both navy and white would work. Or the old charcoal.

In real life they looked pretty green to me, but the inaccuracy of TV color made them appear more silver back in the day. As TV got better, the green tint came through, and they recently switched the pant color to more accurately reflect what it originally looked like on TV. Is my understanding. 

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 'stache said:

Pats and Broncos need to go back to their old unis. The current versions feel very late 90's nonsense, the old ones are great and timeless.

I think the Broncos would look great if they wore their color rush uniforms full-time, except swap in white pants for the orange. Basically the old uniforms you're talking about but with navy replacing royal blue. Good way to tie the cleaner, timeless design of the past with the colors of the era they won their Super Bowls.

59 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Looks nice, know they've built a new practice facility and remodeled their gym, it's a real nice campus. 

Yep, the new practice facility is on the beach with big windows overlooking Lake Michigan and serves more athletes than just the football team. I don’t know if Pat Fitzgerald will still be the football coach when the new stadium opens but NU is spending that TV money wisely and making it a much more attractive destination for whomever they go after to replace him, whenever that is.