Zach Smith is a stupid, disgusting piece of shit.

Beau Vine

1 hour ago, tjhooker said:

You know, going through a bad divorce myself and knowing what that does to you, the dark places you can go I want to feel sympathy for him but he is just such a crazy fucking asshole I just wish him to burn up for all this.

All divorces should come with a mandatory 1 yr restraining order from posting on any type of social media.  

31 minutes ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Listening to the show right now and holy shit is Dan Dakich insufferable. Mispronounced McMurphy numerous times as well.

He's a cunt who's pissed off virtually everyone in town including other sports hosts, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway historian (who's the everyman Grandfather for the city), and was ridden out of IU pretty dang quick when he was coaching there.  Oh, and he insists that people call him "coach".  He's such a dickbag. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

He's a cunt who's pissed off virtually everyone in town including other sports hosts, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway historian (who's the everyman Grandfather for the city), and was ridden out of IU pretty dang quick when he was coaching there.  Oh, and he insists that people call him "coach".  He's such a dickbag. 

Yeap, wasted 10 minutes listening to him boast about how Urban called him telling him that they’re going to sue McMurphy, before I read on the thread Dakich cancelled the interview.

I'm surprised that some of you appear to be new to the suckitude of Dan Dakich. I guess you never watch college basketball. His fucking idiotic hot takes during Big 10 games are just awful. If you've ever sat in front of a fan in the stands who is a complete idiot who never shuts up, that's what it's like listening to Dakich call a game.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I'm surprised that some of you appear to be new to the suckitude of Dan Dakich. I guess you never watch college basketball. His fucking idiotic hot takes during Big 10 games are just awful. If you've ever sat in front of a fan in the stands who is a complete idiot who never shuts up, that's what it's like listening to Dakich call a game.

If someone in front of you is shaking their head when you yell stuff then that dumb ass fan is you. I while back I had a couple behind me that kept yelling grounding when the opposing QB was out of the pocket and would throw the ball away for most of the first half of the game! I  finally had to turn and tell them when you don't see a flag on our side or theirs for the same thing you should probably realize that someone other than the refs is wrong.

1 hour ago, jebusshuttlecock said:

LeBron Grimes is claiming his ex wife is lying about having cancer

I’m thinking the NCAA saw some sort of documentation in order to approve the transfer waiver.

McMurphy is on his Scott Templeton from The Wire type shit here. Smith would’ve got his ass beat if he dropped the n-bomb. Losers all around.

Edited by TheStoicPaisano

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

a lot to unpack in that osu/uf grimes article.  my immediate read on it (if i didn't know anything about smith and meyer) is this:

-grimes and smith didn't get along, but i doubt the "n-word" was part of it.  clearly grimes didn't feel comfortable being there, and wanted to leave

-he reached out to get a parent to help get him out of there, and the dad tried to help, and grimes bounced

-meyer, wanting to make sure there was no extra drama, got involved, and even took a trip down to ft laud

-a story comes out later about the mother having cancer (which would allow the transfer and non-sit-out-year)

-the mother claims that grimes hasn't spoken to the dad in years (which sounds like a lie or wishful thinking)

-both parents have criminal past, but somehow the person who comes out looking the best in this story (on the grimes side) is the convicted drug dealer dad

the story is a bad look for all involved, especially on the grimes side.  but after all the shit that's come to light about smith and meyer the past few months, this is really bad timing for a "fabricated" story to come out involving possible verbal abuse and a potential cover up.  i don't blame mcmurphy for this, as it's his job to report stories from all angles, which i feel like he did (there's way worse stuff about the family than the coaches).  also he gets extra credit for stirring the pot re: z.smith.  

Shithead OSU player gets into altercation with shithead OSU coach - shithead OSU parents quickly get involved. Other shithead OSU players come to said shithead's aid to defend shithead coach and program full of shitheads in general. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

McMurphy is on his Scott Templeton from The Wire type shit here. Smith would’ve got his ass beat if he dropped the n-bomb. Losers all around.

for those unaware, you're comparing mcmurphy to the reporter that 100% fabricated stories for his newspaper, like a "shattered glass" story.  i yanked this quote from the article, for anyone attacking mcmurphy in all this:

“Thank you sir for your interest in my son’s story. … I’m sure Trevon will be honored to have you write a story on him. However, as his FATHER I can’t wait for that one reporter who cares about the TRUTH and where we came from!!”

That was the first response I received after messaging LeBron Grimes, the father of former Ohio State receiver Trevon Grimes, on Facebook on Sept. 10. LeBron wanted someone to finally expose – as he put it – the TRUTH. It gnawed at him, but he desperately wanted others to know this twisted tale of lies, secrets and deception. He wanted someone to, well, tell the truth.

The truth, LeBron Grimes says, is this: Ohio State coach Urban Meyer knew of assistant coach Zach Smith’s alleged racially-charged altercation in September 2017 with his son Trevon and helped keep it quiet. Ohio State officials and Zach Smith deny the allegations.

So what exactly is the TRUTH? Everyone has their version. What follows is my attempt to find the real story involving Trevon Grimes, who abruptly left Ohio State last fall, transferred to Florida in January and was ruled eligible to play six months later without sitting out a season. Getting to the truth proved difficult amid allegations of racism, fraud and conspiracy involving parties with sordid pasts.

Those parties: a convicted felon, a nurse who committed fraud and stole thousands of dollars from a dying elderly couple, and one of the nation’s most powerful college football coaches who hasn’t been entirely truthful in the past, especially when dealing with a disgraced assistant coach.[/quote] 

{{{for some reason, the below text is stuck in the quote window, but it's me typing, not from the story}}}

notice all the key phrases he uses to explain who is saying what?  he's reporting what has been told to him.  he's not editorializing.  it's an internet article designed for clicks, not the nyt where he'd be triple checking the validity of sources.  nobody is gonna sue or at least win any lawsuit against him here.  that's not how it works.

Edited by henrygandorf
stupid quote window

Here's the podcast of Dan Dakich explaining why he didn't have Zach Smith on his show. Kept talking about "white boy media". Birds of a feather these 2 are. About 20 minutes long. 

https://omnystudio.com/d/clips/650642b5-2acd-440b-adb8-a6710189e21c/6ece1b08-2adb-45f1-9bd8-a704003611af/1e3ac3c0-a344-49c3-b482-a997012f4d0d/audio.mp3?utm_source=Podcast&in_playlist=a604b312-a392-4bad-93b0-a72e01786969&t=1542134100

43 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

for those unaware, you're comparing mcmurphy to the reporter that 100% fabricated stories for his newspaper, like a "shattered glass" story.  i yanked this quote from the article, for anyone attacking mcmurphy in all this:

Nobody is reading the article just the click bait tweet.  I don't care because fuck Zach Smith, but if Zach Smith was just some random other coach, it's some Chip Brown level stuff.  Not going to win you a libel suit, but still pretty shitty none the less.

38 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Yes, McMurphy’s legally in the clear. But both of his named sources were refuted by the mom, and through UF, Grimes himself. The dad is saying the mom is lying about cancer when that diagnosis is what led to the waiver in the first place. Even if you look past that, LeBron’s account is hearsay, while all first-hand accounts are calling it a lie. McMurphy is just reporting another man’s word, but Stadium wasn’t compelled to run it and it should have been spiked. A lie ain’t a side of a story. It’s a lie.

7 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Yes, McMurphy’s legally in the clear. But both of his named sources were refuted by the mom, and through UF, Grimes himself. The dad is saying the mom is lying about cancer when that diagnosis is what led to the waiver in the first place. Even if you look past that, LeBron’s account is hearsay, while all first-hand accounts are calling it a lie. McMurphy is just reporting another man’s word, but Stadium wasn’t compelled to run it and it should have been spiked. A lie ain’t a side of a story. It’s a lie.

there are all sorts of issues here, don't get me wrong (although i didn't know what the stadium site was, and now i do).  i do find it humorous that it links up with zach smith, which makes it relevant and noteworthy, when otherwise it wouldn't be.  what's the most interesting to me is if the mom faked cancer to get the sit-out year waived, especially since that rule just got changed.  that doesn't seem especially legal, and lebron seems determined to get to the bottom of it and ruin her shit.

oh, grimey.

@CoachZachSmith
FollowFollow @CoachZachSmith
More

Zach Smith Retweeted Brett McMurphy

"Hahahaha hahahahaha - you want to talk about reaching!!"......

Lesson learned:

NEVER argue with The Zach Smith Posse about reaching, member he's got @reacharoundjon as his wingman!

Edited by El Squared

56 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

McMurphy didn't even make up any allegations.  He simply reported what various people told him and named other people who refuted those statements.  He never came to any conclusion himself.  If there's a false allegation here it originated with Trevon or his dad.  

Yeah, this was kind of my thought as well. Can McMurphy sue for slander since tOSU is impugning his integrity with a false claim?

giphy.webp