Official Surly - Texas at Kansas Game Thread

Vertigo

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

You fuckers must have Alzheimer’s. What were y’all saying when he went 6/7 with a TD on that 1st drive? I bet it wasn’t that he was hurt and shouldn’t be playing.

And since he’s taken a couple shots on that right shoulder you stupid fuck

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Fuck off. We had Wheeler get thrown out of a game for a last instant QB slide called as a targeting. We get thrown out of the game for breaking the rules, they should too, that's why it's the rules. 

Unless you want CTE to end the sport forever, this is what they have to do.

Agree with CTE issue but really this is all window dressing.  When was the last time you saw targeting called where an offensive or defensive lineman and or LB was involved with one another.  Those are the guys with all the CTE as all their little car wrecks each play add up over time

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

1) Probably aggravated it on the next drive.

2) Drugs wore off. 

Honestly, I think it's in his head.

It may be good he shook the "no interception" streak. Just get loose and play to fucking win. 

The coaches have said all year, he plays best when hes just playing confident and grip it and RIP it.

I dont think it's the shoulder, I think it's the pressure mixed with playing hesitation. 

2nd half Sammy comes out and hooks em dead

You fuckers must have Alzheimer’s. What were y’all saying when he went 6/7 with a TD on that 1st drive? I bet it wasn’t that he was hurt and shouldn’t be playing.

That was also before he started taking shots and falling on his injured shoulder genius. It’s fairly obvious that he ain’t right.

7 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Side note.  Am I crazy or didn't Texas give up like a 3rd and 40 or something a few years ago?  I was thinking about it when KU had that 3rd and 36.

we did it for sure against piggy in the 2000  cotton bowl,

they had a 3rd and something like 45 from their 1 inch line- we were about 4 inches away from getting a safety on a sack in the end zone, and if I remember right, they scored a TD on 3rd and 40+

that 9 point swing killed us and we lost that game. 

• Like 1

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

they had a 3rd and something like 45 from their 1 inch line- we were about 4 inches away from getting a safety on a sack in the end zone, and if I remember right, they scored a TD on 3rd and 40+

Thx.  Perhaps that's what I was recalling.

Just now, Pigbenis said:

Let’s run it down their fucking throats 

That's whats the most disappointing.   If Sam is off/hurt we should be able to lean on the run game more than we have and its not there.   Of course, now that they don't think we can throw they will load up to stop it.   Someone is going to have to make some throws for us this half.

2 minutes ago, Lou Loomis said:

I thought I was being reactionary and shitting my pants in dread.

Then, I came into this thread. 

The overreactions on this thread are comical, aren't they? 

We were never going to win by 4 TD's.  I watched the predictions on the LHN before kickoff and wondered what those guys were smoking (they're friends with Ricky, so...)

This game was never in-the-bag, healthy Ehlinger or not.  It's Kansas' bowl game.  It's senior day.  It's their last hurrah with coach of past three years, who was visibly emotional before the kick.   Even if no fans showed up, you had to expect Kansas to play hard.   We fucking lost the last time we were here under similar circumstances (granted, we have a lot more on the line this trip).

We are still the better team.  Our defense, even without our best tackler, has played pretty well.  

Hopefully we find a way to manufacture a couple more scoring drives, and GTFO with a win.

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

2 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Thx.  Perhaps that's what I was recalling.

No, it wasn’t the cotton bowl. But it was against Arkansas. 2003 game at home and Matt Jones converted a 3rd and 30 after Mack took a penalty to push them back farther. We lost that game in embarrassing fashion. 

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

There was a game early in 2003 back when Mock was starting. Pigs had 3rd down. They deep in their own territory. They had a hold or pass interference or somthing. The play didn't even get a first. They would have punted. Instead of declining a forcing a punt, we took the penalty made it 3rd and forever. They converted. Good times.