B12 championship tix

wild_turkey

Went there in 2009. Have no desire to return. It's a terrible place to watch a football game but everyone should experience it at least once. Personally, I'm 1-2 in Big 12 CCGs (win in 09, losses in 99 and 01) and have no desire to push my luck to get back to .500. 

• Like 1

Honest question-can't JerryWorld fit over 100,000 people when needed?  Curious if this will be as well attended as a usual RRS game (~90k) given that there's actually hardware on the line, but it's a morning game in the middle of the 'burbs with nothing fun to do beforehand.  I'm gonna wait for WVU to win tonight, but will probably regret that.  It's an extra $100 a seat likely with OU winning.  But the logistics of getting up and back that day are the real headache.  

Texas Live is a much welcome addition to the Jerry World landscape. Actually have a place to grab a beer and bite to eat before a game. The kiddos like it too as there is a lot of shit for them to do.

So Texas on north end?  Figured that.  Rideshare appears to be far NW end of lot areas outside stadium.  Anybody else know different?  May as well sit to the NW or SW if possible.  

If you ride share, bring lube. It’s stupid expensive after concerts out there. Are games better?

19 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

It is really fun when the sun is fucking the teams also. Dumb ass field orientation especially for teams that are not used to it

shouldn't be an issue with an 11:00 kickoff.   still don't know wtf Jerry was thinking though.  It affects both teams on 3pm kickoffs.  

47 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Good God you’re a whiny pussy about everything. Stay home vagina.

bought tickets last week section 305, taking my son. Gonna be fun.

Please all whiny pussies stay home or go to a bar. 

It took me a week to get my voice back after the TCU game at DKR.

Don't tell me how to spend my money and dont tell me what I should or shouldn't do - or what type of fan I am.

You sound like a great father. Maybe your son will grow up to be a surly douchebag too.

9 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

shouldn't be an issue with an 11:00 kickoff.   still don't know wtf Jerry was thinking though.  It affects both teams on 3pm kickoffs.  

He wanted his stadium to empty out looking towards downtown Dallas and downtown Fort Worth which are to the east and west. North and South are a Walmart and train tracks. 

Some architect asshole was claiming the idea was for taller buildings to occupy the spaces to the west and block the sun in the late afternoon. Cue Jennifer Lawrence “okay” gif

Edited by mdmost

54 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Oh yeah - one more thing - enjoy your shallow angle in 305 dickhead.

23 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

no fucking shit.  ubered there for GNR concert and it was $25 to get there.   $130 to get home.   Fucking asshole surge pricing dicks

Mine tops yours after the GNR concert at NRG. Paid $275 for an Uber XL for a group of us after that concert. Ride sharing for big events still needs the kinks worked out,

25 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

It's a bunch of generic whatnot but it is better than the absolutely nothing that was there before it.

Agreed. It’s catering to the corporate sponsors a lot. The BBQ was good. A lot better than the nothing that was there before. Tailgating in a sea of asphalt in the Death Star’s parking lot is absolutely brutal when it’s hot.

1 minute ago, Panama Red said:

Has anyone been able to talk to an actual person with the foundation since our win today? I have not tried, just wondering

Not me. Tried reaching out to mine but no luck. I just got an email saying my request for tickets could be fulfilled. No mention of seat locations.

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Mine tops yours after the GNR concert at NRG. Paid $275 for an Uber XL for a group of us after that concert. Ride sharing for big events still needs the kinks worked out,

Agreed. It can borderline on a fucking sham. $80 from Jerry to Walnut Hill and 75 (like... 20 minutes) for an Uberx last time. 

42 minutes ago, C-Man said:

If you ride share, bring lube. It’s stupid expensive after concerts out there. Are games better?

I'm sure it's gonna be horrible, price-wise.  BUt we have no choice.  We're barely gonna make it there with an hour before kickoff so a rental car ain't exactly a good idea.  We're coming in from fort worth.  Just wondering where they drop off/pickup.  No plans to make a weekend out of it .  

50 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm sure it's gonna be horrible, price-wise.  BUt we have no choice.  We're barely gonna make it there with an hour before kickoff so a rental car ain't exactly a good idea.  We're coming in from fort worth.  Just wondering where they drop off/pickup.  No plans to make a weekend out of it .  

According to the uber website for the drivers, the drop off/pick up is Blue Lot 15. Just under half a mile west of the stadium.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Just plan on hanging out for a while after the game unless you are on a tight schedule.  The really huge surges only last 30-45 minutes after big events.    And since it’s a mid-day game, you won’t be competing with weekend night demand like most concerts do.  

Checked after U2 and it was well north of $200 for regular UberX. We took the bus back to J Gilligan’s and waited an hour. Think was $25-$30 back home.

Purchased just before kickoff this morning, 2nd level end zone.
Same section now $150 more.

It’ll come way done once the school allotments hit the market.
That’s 16,000 tickets that aren’t in people’s hands at this point
... but glad I’m in at the price I am at the point.

If buying on seatgeek in the next few days, buy through the app and use promo code CYBERMONDAY (Or maybe it was CYBERWEEK) for 10% off.

I also have a link good for $20 off if it’s your first time buying off seatgeek. First person ready to buy that PM’s me gets it.

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

Is there something specific about the stadium that makes it awesome for Cowboys football but shitty for college football?  

It’s not awesome for either. Jerry world sucks.

10 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Buy them outsise the gate

Don’t let your wife throw them away.

8 hours ago, Panama Red said:

Just placed a reservation on Shoowin.com. Hope it works out and I don’t get screwed. Anyone ever use that site for tickets? I’m out the reservation fee ($70) and face value for the tickets. Same sections on stub hub were $426+ per ticket

I got my reservation for lower level tickets sometime in October. $25 fee each for 3 + face value. Could probably sell them for a massive profit, but that’s not going to happen. Hopefully the site is legit...was linked from the big 12 site, so I’m not too worried yet.

I got my reservation for lower level tickets sometime in October. $25 fee each for 3 + face value. Could probably sell them for a massive profit, but that’s not going to happen. Hopefully the site is legit...was linked from the big 12 site, so I’m not too worried yet.

So, when and how do we get our tickets? I can’t really find info on their website. If I go to my account on the reservations tab it has a link to sell them...

17 hours ago, mdmost said:

Went there in 2009. Have no desire to return. It's a terrible place to watch a football game but everyone should experience it at least once. Personally, I'm 1-2 in Big 12 CCGs (win in 09, losses in 99 and 01) and have no desire to push my luck to get back to .500. 

Hear hear.  So not worth it.  But go once to experience the antiseptic atmosphere.

I think I'm 0-3 in CCG's.  You fuckers should be grateful I'm staying home.  

17 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

17 hours ago, ztejas said:

It took me a week to get my voice back after the TCU game at DKR.

Don't tell me how to spend my money and dont tell me what I should or shouldn't do - or what type of fan I am.

You sound like a great father. Maybe your son will grow up to be a surly douchebag too.

‘It took me a week to get my voice back.’  LMFAO.  You are literally the biggest vagina on this board.  A real shock you went to SMU.  

I’ll save you a room in the ICU next time.  Bitch.  

1 hour ago, Panama Red said:

So, when and how do we get our tickets? I can’t really find info on their website. If I go to my account on the reservations tab it has a link to sell them...

Same. Might need to start worrying...seems odd. The FAQ says we’re supposed to get an email as soon as the teams are decided and their market will close. The market is still active and pretty sure the game is decided...so no idea wtf is going on. I’m going to send in a note.

I guess if it doesn’t work out my credit card company will take care of it.

Y’all are a bunch of pussies

I’ve been to ‘99, ‘01, ‘05, ‘09. (Alamodome, Texas Stadium, Reliant Stadium, Cowboy Stadium).
Sure JerryWorld is corporate excess to the letter compared to those other 3 but get over yourselves.

The Longhorns are playing for a Big 12 Championship...AGAINST THE SOONERS!
I don’t care where they are playing, get your ass in there and scream your head off

• Like 2

Same. Might need to start worrying...seems odd. The FAQ says we’re supposed to get an email as soon as the teams are decided and their market will close. The market is still active and pretty sure the game is decided...so no idea wtf is going on. I’m going to send in a note.
I guess if it doesn’t work out my credit card company will take care of it.

Make sure it’s sternly worded for higher effectiveness
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Panama Red said:

From shoowin, “Shortly you will be receiving an email to confirm that your team has made the game. Over the next week the face value tickets will be charged and tickets are sent via eTicket no later than 24 hours prior to the game and many times up to a week prior.”

first email sometime this afternoon.