The rematch with OU will come down to tackling and turnovers

Goo Punch

We're gonna be up against it, as OU just has the better team, and it will be very difficult for our guy to be better than them for a second time this year. That said, if we are going to beat them again we will need to win the turinover battle and then simply make tackles. OU is going to score, a lot, but can we make a tackle that keeps a play as a 30 yard gain instead of a 60 yard TD? Can we bring Murray down around the LOS before he gets to the second level of the defense? I believe that we will score on them, and that we will chew up some clocknand give our defense some time to rest, but i don't believe we can match them score for score if we aren't forcing some turnovers and being really sharp as tacklers. That's what I believe the game will come down to. 

OU sucks. Let's beat their ass again. 🤘🏼 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Wrong.  It all comes down to which QB is more effective.  The biggest factor right now is health of the two QBs.  The healthier QB at the end of the game will win. 

Iow, it's all on our Defense to hit Kyler hard, hard, hard, and early, early, and often.  Has he even been hit hard in a game?  

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Nah, it's going to come down to whether Brandon Jones is healthy and can play. Our secondary is average without him.

Did you watch the OSU game?  Don't get me wrong I would love to have Jones back for this game but he's not strong against a heavy pass team.  

41 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

We're gonna be up against it, as OU just has the better team, and it will be very difficult for our guy to be better than them for a second time this year. That said, if we are going to beat them again we will need to win the turinover battle and then simply make tackles. OU is going to score, a lot, but can we make a tackle that keeps a play as a 30 yard gain instead of a 60 yard TD? Can we bring Murray down around the LOS before he gets to the second level of the defense? I believe that we will score on them, and that we will chew up some clocknand give our defense some time to rest, but i don't believe we can match them score for score if we aren't forcing some turnovers and being really sharp as tacklers. That's what I believe the game will come down to. 

OU sucks. Let's beat their ass again. 🤘🏼 

I think it who scores the most points.

They have the best overall player but we have the better team.

Agreed, it can't be denied that Murray is an incredibly talented, explosive threat.

The best way to neutralize that is by turning him into a petulant bitch pouting on the sideline, which just so happens to be something in which we have previously demonstrated competency.

TTL, P.

30 minutes ago, F250 said:

Texas will win this game with defense. Texas has defense and OU does not. Just avoid a shootout and this should be a win.

We can win a shootout. Control the ball, don't turn it over, and score everytime. Basically, be perfect. We did it for three quarters last month,

I like our chances with a healthy Sam. Also it would be nice if we could avoid the 4th quarter tax. I agree OU is going to score quite a bit so every time we make them punt is a mini win. Likewise anytime we punt it lessens our percentage of a win. I know heavy analysis, but this is going to be magnified in a game like this. Also hoping for a quick recovery for Brandon Jones, he will be very important to our success in the secondary. Specificaly the difference in a 15 yard play and a scoring play. Secondary is going to have to get these guys on the ground. The front will do well if they can just minimalize the damage the midget can do with his feet, keep him contained, and don't give him an eternity to survey the field. We can't have a situation like that 4th down conversion OU got against WVU at the end of the game. This is my 2 cents. Going to be a hard fought back and forth game, probably an instant classic. Although I'd rather blow em out.

We'll need the combination of our best offensive production and best defensive effort.  By definition that is a low probability outcome.  Plus, OU has been very consistent and UT frustratingly not so.  

But, I'm saying there's a chance.

Edited by NBMisha
spelling

9 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

There will be no fairly easily. That's just fucking delusional hype train bullshit. If you don't know it, you are fooling yourself or haven't watched a lot of football.

We haven't fairly easily beaten a single team this year. Even if we play 4 quarters, which would be a first, it's still going to be a close game.

We had OU beat fairly easily for 3 qtrs in Dallas.  

If you have trouble dealing with a hypothetical,  go back to sleep.  

Edited by Laga4

5 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

We did not have ousux beat easily for 3 qtrs. It was a fucking 7 point game at half. We didn't go up by 21 until 56 seconds left in the 3rd. So it was a competitive game to that point with Texas playing better. Not easily beating them.

Ousux then ran off 3 unanswered in the 4th.

We haven't played a good 4th quarter all year. 

I was awake and at the fucking game.

There are other threads for the hype bullshit. 

This is for actual fact discussion.

Up 21 with 56 seconds left in the 3rd. 

I guess your definition of handily is different than mine.  

Edited by Laga4

I will definitely be pulling for the "Horns to stop ousux and their little midget. Is Texas and Iowa State the only teams in the Big 12 that even try to play defense? The game last night was nauseating to watch, I don't watch basketball and certainly don't care for it on grass.

6 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

You said "beating them fairly easily for 3 qtrs".

Being up 7 at half, by 7 half way through the 3rd and tied with 2 minutes to go does not fit my definition of beating a team fairly easily for 3 or 4 qtrs. Nor does it fit that of most rational people's definition.

Nice that you borrowed my time frame and didn't even bother to go back and look at the box score.

Here is the box score link to jog your shitty memory.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2018-10-06-oklahoma.html

Go to the hype thread for your bullshit talk.

I just looked to the East and the sun is coming up.  Your day will get better.

BTW I will post where I like until a moderator tells me not to.  

Have a nice day.  

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

We did not have ousux beat easily for 3 qtrs. It was a fucking 7 point game at half. We didn't go up by 21 until 56 seconds left in the 3rd. So it was a competitive game to that point with Texas playing better. Not easily beating them.

Ousux then ran off 3 unanswered in the 4th.

We haven't played a good 4th quarter all year. 

I was awake and at the fucking game.

There are other threads for the hype bullshit. 

This is for actual fact discussion.

200w.gif?cid=19f5b51a5bf958ec375550644d9

To Hell with the “talking heads” national sports media ! The Horns will be the more physical team on both sides of the ball.

It will come down to which team is “sloppy” on special teams. We must have time consuming drives too, which results in points, and keeps the D as fresh as possible.

It will come down to playing sound on defense and Sam's health. 

If Sam is 100%, we will score on them.

If we play sound on defense, don't get caught up in trying to make big hits every play, stay on assignment, wrap up and take down, keep Murray in the pocket (no launching 5 yards up field behind him, pls) we've proven we can stop them as well as anyone has this year. 

I'm actually more concerned about the first than the second.  Sam was not sharp yesterday and we need him at his best vs ou.  If he is, I think we win again.