Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Wow Wesley Clark and the guest after him said the US has to act. Noted Biden said not troops but that leaves open air support and even establishing a no fly zone. Tone on the networks is changing…

edit - on CNN

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

This is fairly common in crypto world. People posing as women to gain access to funds or promotions. 

Link? 

https://www.omediach.com/hoaxy/22405-policia-zverejnila-databazu-proruskych-uctov-platenych-trolov-a-uzitocnych-babrakov?fbclid=IwAR0WRarEFU1lAh0dWNr4PzP_H85qMrCLs-AVf6mIjzA9wn0kmt5YoAzMYrw

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

“Mmmm  yeah   I love it baby   Why don’t you screen cap your location on google maps and email it to me   I can’t resist screen caps of google maps”

“Oh baby. I’m getting so wet right now. You know what turns me on? Men who  open the breach of their buddies weapons and jam mud inside. Oh yeah baby.”

Username checks out. 

1 minute ago, troph said:

Wow Wesley Clark and the guest after him said the US has to act. Noted Biden said not troops but that leaves open air support and even establishing a no fly zone. Tone on the networks is changing…

edit - on CNN

Incredibly dangerous idea, but I'm supposed to work tomorrow so nuclear annihilation doesn't sounds that bad.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, troph said:

edit - on CNN

Power of winning the propaganda war imo.  Ourselves, we are watching here on surly and want more and more to help the more news spills out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

csb time:  about 15 years ago I was in Prague with a group.  We were having fun downtown and one guy with us, about 75 at the time, stopped into a novelty shop and bought a Russian Ushanka hat (the kind with the furry side flipped up on all sides) with a big red star pin in the front.  Granted at that time it was almost a chic novelty to wear old Soviet stuff, but this guy's age and everything I cringed when he bought it.  He looked like he could pass for an old, serious Politburo hack.  He wore it out to the sidewalk and I noticed some dirty looks, and I didn't feel too good about him wearing it.  I asked him to take off the red star and once he did he got no looks.

I experienced for the first time there real-life feeling a lot of Europeans had for that regime.  And that was back in the "harmless" days when wearing campy Russian stuff was okay.  I'd imagine it's not so cool now, even moreso.

/csb

Most of the junk shops in Prague are/were fronts for shady Russian money.  And the Soviet/Russian souvenirs like hats and nesting dolls in them are nothing to do with Prague or Czech culture. 

The Soviets occupied what was then Czechoslovakia for thirty years.  Wearing Soviet shit is not cool and buying stuff at those shops is almost worse in the eyes of regular Czechs. 

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Power of winning the propaganda war imo.  Ourselves, we are watching here on surly and want more and more to help the more news spills out. 

Yep. And I’ve said nothing like a common enemy to unite us, not a uniquely American trait but one we are supremely good at. Marco Rubio’s texts and Biden’s announcements - this level of unity is such a god damned breath of fresh air. Fuck it lets goooooooo!!!!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Wouldn’t surprise me if we did jump in within a few days. Ukraine proves worthy and shows they don’t want Russian involvement and public sentiment changes and we take the skies. Wouldn’t surprise me if “no troops” was carefully chosen this entire time. Wouldn’t surprise me if the plans were made years ago to take the skies, and the only prerequisite was evidence Ukraine could win if we did.  

Yeah I can't get on board with that just yet.  America fighters directly engaging Russians over non-NATO soil.  Big risk Putin goes straight after NATO.

And why the pivot?  They've been predicting Russia's invasion for over a month.  Why now are we talking about direct military action?  Because Putin is a lot weaker than we thought, and we think we can win?

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yep, bring in people with no cultural ties, pay them, and unleash. Would be nasty. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31794742

From May 2020.

Ramzan Kadyrov: Putin's key Chechen ally

Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov is one of the most powerful and most feared men in Russia. 

For more than a decade the Kremlin has relied on him to maintain order in Chechnya - the Russian North Caucasus republic he has ruled like a personal fiefdom. 

Human rights groups have accused him of a string of abuses, including the forced disappearance of opponents, torture and the persecution of homosexuals.

Critics have linked Ramzan Kadyrov to several assassinations, some of them in Europe, but he denies involvement.

In 2015 he praised a Chechen security officer charged over the Moscow killing of Boris Nemtsov, who had been one of President Vladimir Putin's most prominent critics.

Even worse, as I read somewhere that this is Putin's past modus operandi for occupation/subjugation/repression with a rape-&-pillage cheap mercenary army (bent on genocide?), plus ruskies in the motherland couldn't care less if Chechens (and not ruskies) get hurt by an insurgency in vassal serfdom republiks.

If these videos are legit :

how we rolling? checking in. after just reading the updates since 12 hours ago - the biggest takeaway is the sadly expected BS from the west being toothless. I mean I expected it, sure, but maybe not to the luxury gucci levels there Italy. wtf. Germany better figure out how to crawl out of their 70 year fragile ego hangover and get their fucking shit together. India - what are you doing man?! 

the time to defeat Russia is right now. They are scattered and likely full on tied in knots trying to get their logistics unfucked. I can only imagine what the back office looks like there. You could tell me Putin is purging or you could tell me they planned it this way, sure, I could believe it either way. But in the field they look like turds trying to reach the edge of the punch bowl. And yeah I know the big shit is coming in a bit.

Yachts need to be getting their asses sunk in the Med. When a motherfucker overextends have to do it as well. This pussyfooting shit is infuriating. I can only imagine the average Ukrainian sitting in the fucking tube having to keep their children calm is wondering wtf everyone else is thinking. Gucci? are you fucking kidding me. 

Edited by staboner
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BachelorTrek said:

Even worse, as I read somewhere that this is Putin's past modus operandi for occupation/subjugation/repression with a rape-&-pillage cheap mercenary army (bent on genocide?), plus ruskies in the motherland couldn't care less if Chechens (and not ruskies) get hurt by an insurgency in vassal serfdom republiks.

That should help everything

2 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

China isn't going to war against NATO for Putin. 

The question was if this blew up elsewhere who would … I made a list of the possibles. China on the list because they might try Taiwan and then become friends via my enemy and the enemy of my frenemy is my enemy? 

Edited by troph

2 minutes ago, troph said:

China, Iran, North Korea that’s about it.

Also Belorussia, Kazahkstan, Armenia (which surprises me), probably couple more Central Asia "stans", Venezuela, Nicaragua, Cuba.  And then any other country that thinks they can make a few extra bucks sucking at Putin's tit.  It's not the A Team, but then, the old USSR wasn't exactly pulling in grade A talent country-wise either.  They were able to run out the clock for decades anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Zelenskyy has to say he wants talks, but yeah— anyone getting optimistic about the Russians being real has their head buried in the sand. People were having meaningful talks with Putin every fucking day while every OSINT nerd on Twitter warned “you don’t need this shit if you’re just bluffing.”

Also, they need to test the waters of the Russian elite for how much carnage they are willing to live with?  Like full blown shelling Khiv into a wasteland? Execution squads? 
He isn’t doing this on his own, he has Oligarchy buy in, but I’m not sure that buy in involves a wasted earth campaign.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BachelorTrek said:

The videos are confirmed real, but again— Chechnya is a semiautonomous republic in the Russian Federation and not a country. There’s no Chechen Army, there are Chechens incorporated into the Russian National Guard. Kadyrov has a lot of sway and will act like he is the one deciding to deploy (and he probably had some say in the extent) but those men are under Russian command. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Yeah I can't get on board with that just yet.  America fighters directly engaging Russians over non-NATO soil.  Big risk Putin goes straight after NATO.

And why the pivot?  They've been predicting Russia's invasion for over a month.  Why now are we talking about direct military action?  Because Putin is a lot weaker than we thought, and we think we can win?

just send in blackwater and the other merc psycho fuck groups.   give them american uniforms but without the flag/rank and pretend we don't know who they are.   

8 minutes ago, Parliament said:

There has always been a part of our psyche that doesn’t want to let Putin do this. And this would be the first European conflict we sat out in more than 100 years. Coming in late is our style. Limited air support would be our style. Clinton did it. There is precedent. Fear of unhinged Putin is really the only deterrent. At some point that might not be enough. 

4 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

Also Belorussia, Kazahkstan, Armenia (which surprises me), probably couple more Central Asia "stans", Venezuela, Nicaragua, Cuba.  And then any other country that thinks they can make a few extra bucks sucking at Putin's tit.  It's not the A Team, but then, the old USSR wasn't exactly pulling in grade A talent country-wise either.  They were able to run out the clock for decades anyway.

Yes but none of them move the needle. And I assumed Belarus and the Stan’s are essentially russia. 

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

You know China had a statement today about Ukraine sovereignty. It wasn't an indictment of Putin or anything, but it certainly looked different than yesterday.

Seeing individual soldiers using modern tech to greatly impede, and repel in places, what was expected to be a milk run by the world's largest army changes shit in a hurry.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Let's be fair @troph you don't understand how much blue balls can motivate a man

There’s a joke by Chris Porter that goes something like “if you put pussy on the other side of an obstacle, men will find a way. If all the lady’s of the world said they would stop fucking us until a cure for cancer was discovered it would take us 3 weeks: “Found it! It was mustard and carrots. Who woulda believed it?!?!” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

That’s some hardcore FAFO.

• Like 1

Saw on Twitters and I can’t take credit for the joke—- the Battle of Chernobyl is now the scariest Wikipedia page in existence. 

Also, imagine traveling to 2019 and telling your past you “the 2022 Battle of Chernobyl will take place just as the world is emerging from the global plague. Ignore the toilet paper, stock up on N95 masks.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Chernobyl

(Also- fighting around Ukraine’s active nuke plants is much scarier than Chernobyl).

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй