Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

8 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

This was huge. She would have been a Putin asset and tried her best to start shit in NATO.   And an intelligence nightmare. 

Absolutely. It's a very big deal for stability in Europe. While Le Pen had toned down some of her language to broaden her appeal, the prospect of her winning was a dangerous threat to both NATO and the EU.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Say it with me: GEN-O-CIDE.  It’s literally one of the egalitarian definitions.

The current Russian state is engaged in a genocidal war of extermination.  They are a hyper-nationalist mafia state bent on conquest of its neighbors and extermination of a people.  Ring ANY bells? Any at all?  Check any history book written after 1945, it probably has a very German hint.

Whether the world wants to be or not, we are in another great war against another great evil.  And when it’s done (Well, actually, in real-time) we’re going to see the murderous genocidal fruits of its efforts.

This phase of the war may end in a negotiated peace.  But the war won’t end until Russia is fully defeated.  Buckle up for a decade of this shit.

We need to enter the fight. And no, doing so doesn’t help Putin by legitimatizing his war. He has already shown the world he’s a murderous war criminal. There is nothing right about his actions, motives, or intent. He is committing genocide. They are murdering and raping the entire population and we, along with EU, just sit back and watch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Polish kamikaze drone prepares to kill enemies.

The operator of the Ukrainian BTR-4E is fighting and shooting a group of racists. The combat module with a 30-mm automatic gun leaves the enemy no chance.

Trophy Russian tank T-72B3, eastern direction.

So the word your Google translate is turning into “racists” turns out to be a whole new word.  It has been bugging me— I knew it wasn’t “racist.” My Ukrainian is pretty much text-reading only, I can usually decipher something but I can’t speak it at all.

Anyway— it is a neologism that means “Russian fascist,” but fascist in a very modern Russian way.  NYT breaks it down. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/22/magazine/ruscism-ukraine-russia-war.html

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

So the word your Google translate is turning into “racists” turns out to be a whole new word.  It has been bugging me— I knew it wasn’t “racist.” My Ukrainian is pretty much text-reading only, I can usually decipher something but I can’t speak it at all.

Anyway— it is a neologism that means “Russian fascist,” but fascist in a very modern Russian way.  NYT breaks it down. 

Yes, I looked into this earlier because the term seemed odd and I was seeing other references to Rashists on Twitter.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashism

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yeah, they have a couple different spellings when translated into English, racists, rushists, and rashets, but they all mean Russian Fascists.

34 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Great article that explains the multiple layers clearly and effectively and how the Ukrainians have cleverly given us a new word to describe Russian fascism.

16 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Yeah, they have a couple different spellings when translated into English, racists, rushists, and rashets, but they all mean Russian Fascists.

I like the author's suggestion that we translate it into English as ruscism or ruscist to give us the best sense for how they mean it.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

We need to enter the fight. And no, doing so doesn’t help Putin by legitimatizing his war. He has already shown the world he’s a murderous war criminal. There is nothing right about his actions, motives, or intent. He is committing genocide. They are murdering and raping the entire population and we, along with EU, just sit back and watch. 

God no.  We have been embroiled in war for 2 decades non-stop.  

41 minutes ago, Nivek said:

If Ukraine isn't winning we have to enter to stop this in Ukraine and keep it from spreading to the rest of the Baltics. We/NATO appeased too long and now UKR mainly and EU indirectly are going to pay the price for that appeasement. Not to mention what those appeasements meant for Georgia, Syria and elsewhere.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

54 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Y57U3bvY_normal.jpg

If you ever wondered what you would have done to stop Hitler, you're doing it now.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

If Ukraine isn't winning we have to enter to stop this in Ukraine and keep it from spreading to the rest of the Baltics. We/NATO appeased too long and now UKR mainly and EU indirectly are going to pay the price for that appeasement. Not to mention what those appeasements meant for Georgia, Syria and elsewhere.

Winning is kind of difficult to attribute to a war were people are being murdered, tortured, raped, robbed, and held hostage.  But sure. 

Appeasement is the idea that it will stop.  We know it won't.   We knew it wouldn't years ago.  One group within the country enacted sanctions that another lifted appeasing the aggressor.  Now the first group is back in charge and sending shit loads of weapons and aid and more sanctions.  NATO is more unified and growing.  Russia is more isolated.   The sanctions have resulted in nearly half of their foreign money being frozen and it seems like it will be earmarked to aid Ukraine in the rebuilding efforts.  More asset seizures can grab even more money away from that shithole.

Go volunteer yourself.   Go be the modern Flying Tiger and get that cool leather jacket.    Call your local politician and see if they can do more to put pressure on the EU to spearhead this mission that is happening in their backyard.    But don't fucking volunteer someone else's kid, sibling, or parent unless you are willing to go yourself/send your own kid first.    

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

We are doing far more to stop Putin than we did to stop Hitler before we entered the European war, including Lend-Lease.  Europe is doing more to stop Putin than they did to stop Hitler before September 1939, when the decision was taken out of their hands. 

There are still many fewer casualties than there would be in even a limited nuclear exchange in Europe.  The smart play, for everyone in the world, is to continue on this course unless there is a direct attack on a NATO nation.  Sucks, but that's reality.

While the below is a fake video, they have a point - Putin only attacks those he thinks are weak.  Ukraine has rocked him to his core, of that I have no doubt, even if his lackeys are telling him otherwise, because his 3-day war should have been over and he should have been handing out flowers in occupied Ukraine by now.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

While the below is a fake video, they have a point - Putin only attacks those he thinks are weak.  Ukraine has rocked him to his core, of that I have no doubt, even if his lackeys are telling him otherwise, because his 3-day war should have been over and he should have been handing out flowers in occupied Ukraine by now.

Agreed.  What we are doing now shows that A) Ukraine, NATO, Sweden, Finland, and the US are not weak, and B) NATO and the US will (finally) support a country that wants to show that they are not weak.  Will this continue as economic and political pressures mount?  We will see.  But right now, we are on the course that seems to me most likely to succeed.

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If they are kidnapping Ukrainians and taking them all over the USSR Russia, then Peter Zeihan and the other folks beating the demographic drum maybe right.

It's not in doubt.   Russia is fucked when it comes to their demographics.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Wow, strategic Russian installations sure seem to suck at fire prevention.

And recruiting stations.

Not sure which is better - Russians believing Ukrainian special ops are striking well inside of Russia, or that Russians are fighting back against Putin.

There's a whole lot of stuff to unpack when you start looking at/comparing how things played out in 1917/1918.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

It's not in doubt.   Russia is fucked when it comes to their demographics.

I don't mean that it's not in doubt, just that this war in Ukraine is a part of them trying to solve the demographic problems, up to and including kidnapping Ukrainian children and women.  It's crazy to believe that Putin would be thinking about "hey, in addition to getting the USSR back together, I'll try and solve the demographics problem long after I'm in the ground!"

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And recruiting stations.

Not sure which is better - Russians believing Ukrainian special ops are striking well inside of Russia, or that Russians are fighting back against Putin.

There's a whole lot of stuff to unpack when you start looking at/comparing how things played out in 1917/1918.

While what is being done inside RU says NATO SOF. The ability of UKR SOF saboteurs to blend in RU can't be discounted.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP