Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This version of “Endless Love,” a duet originally sung by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie in 1981, is being performed by Alejandro Manzano, from the band Boyce Avenue, and Connie Talbot. This video was posted to the Boyce Avenue YouTube page on Feb. 20, 2022, with the caption: “Boyce Avenue and Connie Talbot’s acoustic cover of “Endless Love” by Lionel Richie ft. Diana Ross.”

Good version though. 

Oops....my bad

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Do they wish to be Russian, or independent, or something else?  Sounds like Russia is going to press them to act accordingly. 

I mentioned this before: it’s a weird post Cold War artifact.  It wasn’t clear whether Moldova was going to be an independent nation, or part of Romania, which has a Latin based language and a fairly unique culture relative to the rest of Eastern Europe.  The residents of Transnistria were primarily Russian and Ukrainian. 

They fought a brief war, the Russians got involved, but after it became clear that Moldova was going to be an independent nation that was willing to give Transnistria unique independence rights, everyone sorta shrugged their shoulders and moved on. 

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

In the replies someone linked a Russian article saying he suffered shrapnel to his tibia

https://www.unian.net/war/valeriy-gerasimov-nachalnik-genshtaba-vs-rf-byl-ranen-pod-izyumom-novosti-vtorzheniya-rossii-na-ukrainu-11808390.html

That's gonna fuck up an older dude pretty bad

Dudes old and obese. Probably got diabetes and a bad heart not to mention liver disease. No way he  goes back to the front which is further demoralizing to those troops in theater 

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

In the replies someone linked a Russian article saying he suffered shrapnel to his tibia

https://www.unian.net/war/valeriy-gerasimov-nachalnik-genshtaba-vs-rf-byl-ranen-pod-izyumom-novosti-vtorzheniya-rossii-na-ukrainu-11808390.html

That's gonna fuck up an older dude pretty bad

ya lyublyu tebya tibia / Ukraine

Edited by Nivek

Spoilering the following tweet because it explains, but doesn't show, an absolutely disgusting and unnecessary war crime the Russians allegedly committed.

Spoiler

Edited by KYHorn
  • Rage+1 8

13 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Spoilering the following tweet because it explains, but doesn't show, an absolutely disgusting and unnecessary war crime the Russians allegedly committed.

Reveal hidden contents

What the everloving fuck. That's comic book villian levels of pure evil.

48 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yes I do, and a few other toys. 

This is a weird opportunity to go toughguy in response to a childish limerick sung to 1940s folk song.   Which posted as a commentary in response to Snacks thoughtful post about the temporary existence of man and the shifting borders which we arbitrarily define.   

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

What the everloving fuck. That's comic book villian levels of pure evil.

This stuff probably goes on but one needs to tap the brakes on believing everything we see just because it confirms our bias against Russians.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nivek said:

This is a weird opportunity to go toughguy in response to a childish limerick sung to 1940s folk song.   Which posted as a commentary in response to Snacks thoughtful post about the temporary existence of man and the shifting borders which we arbitrarily define.   

Just messing around man. Relax. 

More and more of this is popping up.  Some of the analysts think it's people who are new to fighting in Ukraine and are up-armoring stuff in the hope that it will help, while Russians already in Ukraine know it won't protect against Javelins, etc. (although in theory it could protect against small arms fire).

I read somewhere maybe here the Russians are trying to take Ukraine with a 2:1 troop advantage. Prior to manned flight and post trench warfare tactics I’ve read anything less than 10:1 was a gamble for the invader. In the absence of air superiority, which I can’t see Russia ever attaining, 2:1 seems like suicide. 

• Hook 'Em 4

40 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I read somewhere maybe here the Russians are trying to take Ukraine with a 2:1 troop advantage. Prior to manned flight and post trench warfare tactics I’ve read anything less than 10:1 was a gamble for the invader. In the absence of air superiority, which I can’t see Russia ever attaining, 2:1 seems like suicide. 

I'd be really surprised if it is anywhere close to 2:1 at this point. Logistics are/have been a far bigger issue than troop strength. Plus not owning the sky.

War studies guys say 3:1 is the minimum for the attacking force.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Deej said:

This shit is going to go south quickly for Putin. 

In a blink of an eye his military will fully collapse.  

Just a matter of time, and probably soon. 

I know we joke about things being two weeks out, but back in March, a bunch of the analysts were saying something would have to give within 10 days to two weeks based on the lack of supplies, the Russians bogging down and moving very little, etc., and low and behold Russia had to pull out of Kyiv a few weeks later (early April).

In recent days a bunch of them have been saying that we are back to a situation where the Russians have 10-14 days to do something, because every BTG that is truly capable of attacking (whether at full strength or not) has now been committed, and if the Russians don't do something soon, they will lose a lot more territory, because puttering around and advancing very little does nothing but burn through supplies they barely have and give the Ukrainians more time to spot their stuff and destroy it, spot weakness, bring more forces to bear, along with getting the heavy equipment they are getting from the West into the fight.

I think they are right, because they were right in  March, and because Putin doesn't have the in-theater reserves to A) exploit any breakthroughs the Russians might create and B) reinforce any areas where the Ukrainians break through.

When they write the history of this war, there better be chapters devoted to the Russians problem with reserves.  Having 10,000+ tanks on paper does you no good if you aren't able to quickly replace tanks being lost on a daily basis.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I know we joke about things being two weeks out, but back in March, a bunch of the analysts were saying something would have to give within 10 days to two weeks based on the lack of supplies, the Russians bogging down and moving very little, etc., and low and behold Russia had to pull out of Kyiv a few weeks later (early April).

In recent days a bunch of them have been saying that we are back to a situation where the Russians have 10-14 days to do something, because every BTG that is truly capable of attacking (whether at full strength or not) has now been committed, and if the Russians don't do something soon, they will lose a lot more territory, because puttering around and advancing very little does nothing but burn through supplies they barely have and give the Ukrainians more time to spot their stuff and destroy it, spot weakness, bring more forces to bear, along with getting the heavy equipment they are getting from the West into the fight.

I think they are right, because they were right in  March, and because Putin doesn't have the in-theater reserves to A) exploit any breakthroughs the Russians might create and B) reinforce any areas where the Ukrainians break through.

When they write the history of this war, there better be chapters devoted to the Russians problem with reserves.  Having 10,000+ tanks on paper does you no good if you aren't able to quickly replace tanks being lost on a daily basis.

I'm just in on it because historically shit goes downhill fast in these situations. As an attacking force that can't attack, it's going to go downhill quickly. Is that a week or two? Who knows, but ots going to happen and it will be sudden. Russia doesn't have the resources to keep this up indefinitely. Ukraine has the desire and the rest of the world providing them the resources.