Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

I'm tempted to join the saboteur party, secretly assassinate Lavrov, but continue to make proclamations in his name based on the below chart. Wonder how long I go before anyone notices anything amiss...

image.png.f499b4a50e78a0e8543ac9a4db4c63b8.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I've wondered about the same thing.  I'd like to know what the frequency of such occurrences was one, two, and five years ago.

They took out their own aircraft carrier by sinking the only floating drydock that was large enough to handle it.  I'd be willing to bet that shit randomly blowing up over there isn't rare.  And also that the Ukranians are helping them along.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, MadBurgerMaker said:

They took out their own aircraft carrier by sinking the only floating drydock that was large enough to handle it. 

I'd be willing to bet that shit randomly blowing up over there isn't rare.  And also that the Ukranians are helping them along.

Expanding on this:  This was while the carrier was in the dock, just so we don't miss anything from the incident.  That was 3ish years ago now. I don't know if they've managed to raise the drydock yet or not.  The carrier itself is a floating tire fire that needs a tug following it around 24/7, so it doesn't *really* matter, but its just a glimpse into their fucktardery.

Edited by MadBurgerMaker
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I've wondered about the same thing.  I'd like to know what the frequency of such occurrences was one, two, and five years ago.

I feel like with social media and with how everybody is on edge along the border, that anything catching on fire would get mentioned, but we’ve seen quite a few serious fires that can impact the military   Russian false flag targets wouldn’t impact the military.

Things like that railway bridge getting blown - that’s some pretty serious shit.

So apparently May 1-10 is normally an extended holiday for many Russians.  No idea if that matters, and such a long holiday is foreign to us, but I’m curious if we get more of these fires and sabotage events (internal or external).

Edit: mentioned because I saw some discussions on social media about how all of the Russian airports along the border with Ukraine and extending a ways away from the border are shut down due to the special military operation, and the holiday is creating a lot of road traffic and traffic jams.  Anything not on rails is slowed way down.

Edited by atomheartbevo

This is something else the analysts and OSINT folks have talked about. Ukraine is getting new ones from Turkey (some wreckage found with parts dated to late March).

Speculation that Ukraine is either confident in their operators now (and the aircraft) and are taking on high profile missions inside of Russia, or Russia is dragging the wreckage into Russia for propaganda purposes. Or both.

6 hours ago, MadBurgerMaker said:

Expanding on this:  This was while the carrier was in the dock, just so we don't miss anything from the incident.  That was 3ish years ago now. I don't know if they've managed to raise the drydock yet or not.  The carrier itself is a floating tire fire that needs a tug following it around 24/7, so it doesn't *really* matter, but its just a glimpse into their fucktardery.

This is a good word. Thank you for enhancing my vocabulary.

The brink of nuclear annihilation seems an awful lot like not the brink of nuclear annihilation.  Speaking for myself only, I wonder if I would have had a lot more angst over Russia’s aggressions if I had not spent the last couple years on the psychological brink of viral annihilation.  As it is, I’m like whatever, Vlad.  Go ahead and trigger mutually assured destruction.  I’m kind of over it with humankind.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

The brink of nuclear annihilation seems an awful lot like not the brink of nuclear annihilation.  Speaking for myself only, I wonder if I would have had a lot more angst over Russia’s aggressions if I had not spent the last couple years on the psychological brink of viral annihilation.  As it is, I’m like whatever, Vlad.  Go ahead and trigger mutually assured destruction.  I’m kind of over it with humankind.

Every time they have sabre rattled it has not gone well for them. I don't think this is a question of nuclear annihilation, I think this is countries that have nukes telling Russia to calm the fuck down or they won't like what happens next. 

North Korea going full stupid during this talking about pre-emptive strikes is about the same level of risk. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Bevo Num1 said:

Bayraktar

The occupiers came to us in Ukraine,
With the brand new uniform, military vehicles,
But their inventory melted a bit,
Bayraktar... Bayraktar...

Russian tankers hid in the bushes,
To sip the fucking shchi with a bast shoe.
But the broth overheated a little bit in the bushes,

Sheep came to us from the east
For the "establishment of a great country".
The best shepherd of sheep flocks is

Their arguments are all kinds of weapons,
Powerful rockets, machines of iron.
We have a comment on all the arguments

They wanted to capture us right away
So we hid a grievance for the orcs.
He makes ghosts out of Russian bandits,

Russian police is starting a criminal case,
But still does not find a killer of ruschists¹.
Who is to blame that there is a capercaillie² in our field

The Kremlin freak is conducting propaganda,
The people swallow the words (of the propaganda).
Now their tzar knows a new word

1) Rushists = Russia + fascists
2) Capercaillie is a big bird; capercaillie is also a slang term for longtime unsolved caseshttps://lyricstranslate.com
translation by
https://lyricstranslate.com

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

Decent podcast here. Regarding Russia’s “tactical” nukes, the guy says they haven’t tested one of them since I believe 1990; and posited that we’d see them hauling one out of storage, recommissioning (with 30 year old instructions and a bunch of know-nothing troops that have never seen the inside of one of these things), and then up to test before they actually used one in combat. Sounds logical, and ripe for accidents.

Reminds me of the Kursk situation (not the conspiracy theory) - they were prepping to launch a leaking torpedo, hadn’t launched a torpedo in 3 years, shit happened. I mean if you haven’t done something in 3 years or 30 years, there’s going to be some serious rust. Like literally there may be no one in the Russian service that was hands on involved the last time they fired up a nuke, and from reports it seems they take the Allen Iverson view of training the troops.

http:// https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/in-moscows-shadows/id1510124746?i=1000559239076

Just now, immamac said:

Every time they have sabre rattled it has not gone well for them. I don't think this is a question of nuclear annihilation, I think this is countries that have nukes telling Russia to calm the fuck down or they won't like what happens next. 

North Korea going full stupid during this talking about pre-emptive strikes is about the same level of risk. 

Yeah, you are correct at the geopolitical level.  I just mean on a personal level, early on we all at least considered the possibility of WW3 and nuclear annihilation, but I have never felt any tension in this, and have been very supportive of putting the screws to Putin.  I just wonder if my thinking would be different if we hadn’t spent the last few years worried about a different “existential threat.”

I probably felt more tension watching 13 days about the Cuban middle crisis than I have felt living through this period of wanton Russian aggression and their talk of their nuclear options.  Not a news flash, but this has exposed not just Russia’s military weakness, but Putin’s image as a dangerous and cunning foe to be largely illusory.  Now if he talks about nukes, the world be like...

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

In Perm, two people died in an emergency at a gunpowder factory, one victim is in the hospital. The enterprise manufactures charges for Grad and Smerch multiple launch rocket systems and air defense systems
https://ria.ru/20220502/pozhar-1786548533.html
^If it's Russians doing it, then they're killing each other too
Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 4

47 minutes ago, The Dog said:

If this is true, a major caveat I know, we could see some serious chaos in the back lines of the Russian advance. If they collapse the front at the NE of Khakiv and make it over the river/dam then there is limited natural barriers until E/NE of Izyum. The Ukrainian troops can flood that gap then they can begin to squeeze the troops advancing on Izyum from both sides.

image.thumb.png.b75d1bb0687b29b4e3d2cbfa2df26de6.png

Interactive map link

With how poor the supply chain is for the Russian troops, any form of a breakout for the Ukrainian army will cause chaos. By being able to do this at the stand-alone edge of the advance we now get to see the added bonus of there is a corridor that provides a direct link into Russian territory, namely  Belgorodo, if the Ukrainian forces turn north instead of enveloping the troops to the east.  This is essentially one of the closest areas that has fighting near the Russian border and until now, the Russian army has control over the major thoroughfares heading north into Russia itself from Kharkiv. So now you get to see a major reposition of BTGs to try and ensure that Ukrainian forces don't turn north because of the massive propaganda win that the loss of Belgorodo, and its airport and hospitals, would provide.

Like anything else, this would depend on speed of the advance and how quickly the Ukrainians could exploit the gap, but this is a breakthrough in a real bad spot for Russia both militarily and from a pure propaganda perspective.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

I find it to be a lot like longhorn fan disorder. We've been conditioned to accept abuse and even confuse it with love at times.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, 686 said:

Decent podcast here. Regarding Russia’s “tactical” nukes, the guy says they haven’t tested one of them since I believe 1990; and posited that we’d see them hauling one out of storage, recommissioning (with 30 year old instructions and a bunch of know-nothing troops that have never seen the inside of one of these things), and then up to test before they actually used one in combat. Sounds logical, and ripe for accidents.

Reminds me of the Kursk situation (not the conspiracy theory) - they were prepping to launch a leaking torpedo, hadn’t launched a torpedo in 3 years, shit happened. I mean if you haven’t done something in 3 years or 30 years, there’s going to be some serious rust. Like literally there may be no one in the Russian service that was hands on involved the last time they fired up a nuke, and from reports it seems they take the Allen Iverson view of training the troops.

http:// https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/in-moscows-shadows/id1510124746?i=1000559239076

When we talk about nukes, we need to remember that we haven’t tested anything since 1992 ourselves. Russia signed and ratified the comprehensive test ban treaty, we signed but haven’t yet ratified. Everyone but Pakistan, India, and the Norks are in about the same boat as far as “not doing tests anymore.”

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ukrainian army wears t shirts that say “ARMY” on them?

Yeah, this was years ago when Russia first manufactured the "rebellion" to steal Crimea. The Ukrainian Army was nothing like it is today after years of Western training. Now you can see the results paying off.

38 minutes ago, MillerEP said:
In Perm, two people died in an emergency at a gunpowder factory, one victim is in the hospital. The enterprise manufactures charges for Grad and Smerch multiple launch rocket systems and air defense systems
https://ria.ru/20220502/pozhar-1786548533.html
^If it's Russians doing it, then they're killing each other too

I'd argue that 100% of Russian forces have been combat ineffective since they crossed the border.