Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Given your familiarity and experience in the region, how likely do you think it is that Orban would block Finland/Sweden or Ukraine?

Somewhat more than mildly surprised at Finland or Sweden. Stoltenberg has been pretty unambiguous in saying he would expect a fast and easy accession for those two and it’s unlikely he’d walk out that far unless nearly all the conversations were done. I would expect Hungary to push for some things in other venues, like their current stance on oil. 

Ukraine is different.  I’d be surprised if he DIDN’T block Ukraine. That point is currently moot because the Alliance won’t accept anyone that has an active border dispute or active military conflict in their territory. The question will be his behavior if and when Ukraine wins. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide

6 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Somewhat more than mildly surprised at Finland or Sweden. Stoltenberg has been pretty unambiguous in saying he would expect a fast and easy accession for those two and it’s unlikely he’d walk out that far unless nearly all the conversations were done. I would expect Hungary to push for some things in other venues, like their current stance on oil. 

Ukraine is different.  I’d be surprised if he DIDN’T block Ukraine. That point is currently moot because the Alliance won’t accept anyone that has an active border dispute or active military conflict in their territory. The question will be his behavior if and when Ukraine wins. 

Yeah, I know Ukraine can't get into NATO with all this going on. For them, I was wondering whether you thought he'd try to block them getting into the EU.

17 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

The ding dong daddies from Duma say a lot of crap, ignore them.

Also, I did not have on my bingo card, "Russia invites a Digital Underground cover band to entertain the troops."

humpty-dance-digital-underground-1348554

RIP Shock G. F that other dude.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Obviously, this is terrible. But, not going to lie, outside of this context, that tank stroller is pretty cool. I'm sure my kids would love it. 

The kids obviously know they are going to Ukraine.

15 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Obviously, this is terrible. But, not going to lie, outside of this context, that tank stroller is pretty cool. I'm sure my kids would love it. 

C6017639-37CE-4594-8865-011A6032A4E3.jpeg.c39826873c518286074bb442751ea821.jpeg

The turret’s off.   So accurate. 

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Italy handed over 45 fire trucks to Ukraine

https://uprom.info/news/italiya-peredala-ukrayini-45-pozhezhnyh-mashyn/

Russia continues to burn military enlistments
 That night, several Molotov cocktails flew to the site in Cherepovets.

I don't speak Ukraine, but I'm pretty sure that was Will Muschamp approved.

The turret’s off.   So accurate. 

Turret’s popped, tank is made from paper mache, Crew is terrified, stereotypical Rooskie pushing them where they don’t want to be, Russian public is nonplussed/not interested. It’s perfect.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

Said it’s the fault of the US and its satellite and NATO providing state-of-the-art weapons. Constantly bitching about the US and NATO.

Wait, I thought the "operation" was exactly on schedule and going according to plan. If that's true, what is there to bitch about?

Bitched about millennials.  

Well, even a deranged dictator is right every now and then.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Wait, I thought the "operation" was exactly on schedule and going according to plan. If that's true, what is there to bitch about?

Well, even a deranged dictator is right every now and then.

I dunno.... fucker may be missing the mark.  A shitload of the people helping enable Putin's disaster are Gen X.  Millenials are late to the "Russia is a pile of shit" game.  We Gen-X types....

3SZg.gif

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

I dunno.... fucker may be missing the mark.  A shitload of the people helping enable Putin's disaster are Gen X.  Millenials are late to the "Russia is a pile of shit" game.  We Gen-X types....
3SZg.gif
I more generally meant that I can always identify with bitching about millennials.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And attacking shopping malls with their most expensive cruise missiles, launched from bombers, when their soldiers on the ground are getting their asses kicked in various places.  Fucking aggy levels of military brilliance.

I dunno.  Seems like a pretty sound strategy to go after shopping malls.  I've long had a hypothesis that Foot Locker stores are a cover for NATO military planning....

footlocker.jpg

50 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

This inventive use of airpower reveals that the Ukrainians might even have a more sophisticated understanding of air operations than even many NATO countries, which take their dominance of the air for granted. What the Ukrainians have done—contesting the skies against a richer, more powerful enemy on the cheap—is extremely difficult. The West has much to learn from Ukraine’s successes, Deptula told us. “We have become so dominant in the air that we have never had to think through how we would use airpower if we were the inferior force,” he said. “Ukraine is posing us some very interesting questions that we should seriously consider, if only to understand how a clever opponent would take us on.”

From The Atlantic

Taiwan is probably gobbling up any kind of learnings from this engagement. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Long cat thread in progress from Trent Telenko that UKR is using Uber/Lyft style GIS style software for artillery targeting. UKR is able to return fire in 30 seconds by algorithms  automatically assigning the task to the closest assets. US Forces need 5 minutes.

https://twitter.com/TrentTelenko/status/1523791140478386176

Damn that’s cool

• Hook 'Em 1

And the annoying pop-ups before you can close out the transaction:
"Would you like to tip the artillery battery that just blew you the fuck up with counter-fire?  15%?  20%?  25%?  Custom amount?"
and
"How would you rate our artillery counter-fire?  1-5 stars?"
I sometimes forget to rate a good Uber driver, I surmise that I'd probably rate my artillery Uber every fucking time and tip errthing I can. And yes sir play the Eagles fucking loud af ok.
  • Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I sometimes forget to rate a good Uber driver, I surmise that I'd probably rate my artillery Uber every fucking time and tip errthing I can. And yes sir play the Eagles fucking loud af ok.

Not sure about that last one. At least an artillery blast is over quickly. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 2