Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1. Today in 93 Kholodnoyarsk merry harvest near Izyum. Intelligence intercepted a group of Russian special forces, six 200, two 300. And the infantry that covered their advance and accompanied them, the artillery raided the Czech shells. Also 10 pieces in the red.

2. The sky was also cleared of K-52. However, in two days we have minus two cars. People are whole.
 We trust and help the Armed Forces.

• Rage+1 6

It’s stunning how little the Russians care about their dead.  I’ve been checking out a friend’s project about some forts and trails during the 1860s and 1870s in the Dakotas/etc. and even then American soldiers would risk their lives to recover their dead or reinforce their fellow soldiers.  Multiple instances of them going out knowing they might die just to retrieve a body or try to find a missing trooper.  

It could be gruesome with the heavily mutilated bodies and dangerous when the Indians would use wounded troopers as bait for traps, etc.

Meanwhile the Russians are just mozying out, more concerned with loot than their buddies’ bodies.

Russia, ya done goofed!

Joint statement by the President of the Republic and Prime Minister of Finland on Finland’s NATO membership

Office of the President of the Republic of Finland
Prime Minister’s Office
Press release 30/2022
12 May 2022

During this spring, an important discussion on Finland’s possible NATO membership has taken place. Time has been needed to let Parliament and the whole society establish their stands on the matter. Time has been needed for close international contacts with NATO and its member countries, as well as with Sweden. We have wanted to give the discussion the space it required.

Now that the moment of decision-making is near, we state our equal views, also for information to the parliamentary groups and parties. NATO membership would strengthen Finland’s security. As a member of NATO, Finland would strengthen the entire defence alliance. Finland must apply for NATO membership without delay. We hope that the national steps still needed to make this decision will be taken rapidly within the next few days.

Sauli Niinistö
President of the Republic of Finland

Sanna Marin
Prime Minister of Finland

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Don't look terribly aggrieved. Going with social media models/actresses getting paid to carry a sign for some dude she's never met. 

Naw, I'm pretty sure we saw the chick on the left before. She's real.

This is a really good article about Russian strategic aviation in the war with some video of a Tu-223M3 firing (likely) obsolescent cruise missiles as the hook. TL;DR they are probably out of their best guided conventional missiles and are using strategic aviation against unsuitable targets.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/we-may-have-our-first-sight-of-a-russian-bomber-launching-missiles-at-ukraine 

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s stunning how little the Russians care about their dead.  I’ve been checking out a friend’s project about some forts and trails during the 1860s and 1870s in the Dakotas/etc. and even then American soldiers would risk their lives to recover their dead or reinforce their fellow soldiers.  Multiple instances of them going out knowing they might die just to retrieve a body or try to find a missing trooper.  

It could be gruesome with the heavily mutilated bodies and dangerous when the Indians would use wounded troopers as bait for traps, etc.

Meanwhile the Russians are just mozying out, more concerned with loot than their buddies’ bodies.

A function of training, bad logistics, and the way the war was sold and is going.  Mortuary is a specialty like everything else and given the Russian military’s demonstrated competency in core combat functions, it’s safe to assume that things like mortuary training have only been done on paper only for many years now.  If that’s the case, there may likely have been an order to leave bodies in place— because bringing back a bunch of corpses to a forward operating location if there’s no one to handle them properly or send them back safely becomes a health hazard really quickly.  

And of course train cars full of dead bodies are things that can’t be hidden and that will get leaked.  A dead body in a field is just another soldier that’s still out on training somewhere. One more way to control the narrative of a small operation that is going well. 

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Fucking Hell

I’ve mentioned it before. This is the Russian diplomatic equivalent of vaguebooking about your ex.  It’s something we’re already doing, they already didn’t nuke us, and so we can safely assume they won’t nuke us.  In general, you need to be more frightened of assurances that Russia WON’T make war on you than you need to worry about Russian threats of war. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I’ve mentioned it before. This is the Russian diplomatic equivalent of vaguebooking about your ex.  It’s something we’re already doing, they already didn’t nuke us, and so we can safely assume they won’t nuke us.  In general, you need to be more frightened of assurances that Russia WON’T make war on you than you need to worry about Russian threats of war. 

He's not wrong though. It does increase the chances of open conflict between NATO and Russia, because if they invade Finland or Sweden now it's NATO. 

There is no NATO country (save Poland maybe) that wants to invade or start shit with Russia. NATO isn't an economic treaty either. 

I think a true defeat and failure of Russian military campaigns in Ukraine is the most graceful transition away from Putins Russia, but it isn't clear that they are going to be able to hit the reset button without rewriting the constitution as it's so fucked up now from all the sabotage they allowed to happen with Putin in charge. We may just get a less sick, less concerned about legacy Russian who hates everyone just as much after. 

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

They appear to be a soulless society.  Let them rot in the fields and push up sunflowers.  The more dead, rotting Russians; the better. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

They appear to be a soulless society.  Let them rot in the fields and push up sunflowers.  The more dead, rotting Russians; the better. 

I think we are beyond the point of wishing this as it seems like Russia is fucked. I'm honestly hoping for them to withdraw with as few casualties and lives ruined as possible. The quicker they just withdraw across the border the less lives are ruined. Russian society is being held hostage right now, and while they aren't blameless I hope that this is the start of a change for them. While they undergo that change we should exclude them from everything economically except food and basic necessities though. Make your bed and lay in it. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

A function of training, bad logistics, and the way the war was sold and is going.  Mortuary is a specialty like everything else and given the Russian military’s demonstrated competency in core combat functions, it’s safe to assume that things like mortuary training have only been done on paper only for many years now.  If that’s the case, there may likely have been an order to leave bodies in place— because bringing back a bunch of corpses to a forward operating location if there’s no one to handle them properly or send them back safely becomes a health hazard really quickly.  

And of course train cars full of dead bodies are things that can’t be hidden and that will get leaked.  A dead body in a field is just another soldier that’s still out on training somewhere. One more way to control the narrative of a small operation that is going well. 

I know US combat troops love a good POG joke, but this is one of those things why we have all those rear echelon guys: processing our dead soldiers, getting them to mortuary on base, notifying families, returning bodies home for respectful burial, etc.. this is one of many reasons we spend so much money on the military. 

7 hours ago, MillerEP said:

^Interesting, the Russians are evacuating a town IN Russia.

Much like the Israelis after 1947, one of the less mentioned aspects of this conflict is after the dust settles, Ukraine will likely have one of the best trained and armed military’s in the world, regardless of their NATO status. They are now on a path to be the dominant military force in the Caucuses for decades. 

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

I think we are beyond the point of wishing this as it seems like Russia is fucked. I'm honestly hoping for them to withdraw with as few casualties and lives ruined as possible. The quicker they just withdraw across the border the less lives are ruined. Russian society is being held hostage right now, and while they aren't blameless I hope that this is the start of a change for them. While they undergo that change we should exclude them from everything economically except food and basic necessities though. Make your bed and lay in it. 

On the other hand:

YARN | I say let them crash. | Airplane! (1980) | Video clips by quotes |  61da0c37 | 紗

Russians in 2022=Nazis WWII.  Kill them all, let God sort them out. 

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

On the other hand:

YARN | I say let them crash. | Airplane! (1980) | Video clips by quotes |  61da0c37 | 紗

Russians in 2022=Nazis WWII.  Kill them all, let God sort them out. 

Would rather have them go through Hague. We need to set an example that humans and earth in general has evolved and moved beyond the point of accepting barbarian tactics and open murder of civilians in war. 

I'd rather see war crimes punished according to international agreement than more dead soldiers. Being killed and being held responsible are 2 different things. 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Would rather have them go through Hague. We need to set an example that humans and earth in general has evolved and moved beyond the point of accepting barbarian tactics and open murder of civilians in war. 

I'd rather see war crimes punished according to international agreement than more dead soldiers. Being killed and being held responsible are 2 different things. 

In a world where this would happen, I agree.  I'd put a good amount of money that no one other that a handful of non-officers/junior officers receive justice.  I'll gladly eat crow, if proven wrong.  But I can almost guaranfuckingtee you not a single general officer or politician gets anymore than a furrowed brow. 

So, if we can't kill them, fuck the rest of 'em. 

• Hook 'Em 3

58 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

That was a big deal in the winter war.  A lot of purging, a lot of tactics changing, all because the party was humiliated by the shocking number of trains full of bodies. 

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

That was a big deal in the winter war.  A lot of purging, a lot of tactics changing, all because the party was humiliated by the shocking number of trains full of bodies. 

Well they might not have needed to purge again if they hadn't already purged the military in the decade before the Winter War.

40 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

In a world where this would happen, I agree.  I'd put a good amount of money that no one other that a handful of non-officers/junior officers receive justice.  I'll gladly eat crow, if proven wrong.  But I can almost guaranfuckingtee you not a single general officer or politician gets anymore than a furrowed brow. 

So, if we can't kill them, fuck the rest of 'em. 

I think with the amount of informatiion available on the specifics of Russian forces, (name, rank, personal & weapon serial numbers, hometowns, military history, etc.), the likihood that a Russian war criminal slinks back into his pre war life without consequences is a low probability.

It won't be in the Hague, but justice will be served.

5bb417912100000001c7ecbf.jpeg?ops=scalef

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Ukraine isn't going to just "allow them to withdraw".  They're going to slaughter them like the Mongol hordes on the way out the door, and I can't say I blame them.  

Edited by Trey3216
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, PTINS said:

I think with the amount of informatiion available on the specifics of Russian forces, (name, rank, personal & weapon serial numbers, hometowns, military history, etc.), the likihood that a Russian war criminal slinks back into his pre war life without consequences is a low probability.

It won't be in the Hague, but justice will be served.

5bb417912100000001c7ecbf.jpeg?ops=scalef

The number of WWII NAZI war crime perpetrators is estimated at ~200K and approximately 6K or so were convicted, according to some numbers I've seen.  So, I won't hold my breath or anything.  Again, would love to eat crow on this down the road but don't believe it will be necessary. 

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The number of WWII NAZI war crime perpetrators is estimated at ~200K and approximately 6K or so were convicted, according to some numbers I've seen.  So, I won't hold my breath or anything.  Again, would love to eat crow on this down the road but don't believe it will be necessary. 

we didnt always have the name,  clear face picture, or even a general idea of where they fuck they went after the war.   Yeah, some sneaked through because the US wanted to move on and not be on a 20 year "warcrime" search.

But we now have pics of most of these idiots, we know where they live ( and unlike German perps, their cities and homes werent destroyed), 90% of these morons are going to go back to their same village. 

and lets face it, these Russian shits are just that- shits, they probably wont bother hiding from anyone because they are too stupid to realize they are on a  1972 Mossad-eque death list.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

we didnt always have the name,  clear face picture, or even a general idea of where they fuck they went after the war.   Yeah, some sneaked through because the US wanted to move on and not be on a 20 year "warcrime" search.

But we now have pics of most of these idiots, we know where they live ( and unlike German perps, their cities and homes werent destroyed), 90% of these morons are going to go back to their same village. 

and lets face it, these Russian shits are just that- shits, they probably wont bother hiding from anyone because they are too stupid to realize they are on a  1972 Mossad-eque death list.

I really hope you're right.  I'll believe it when I see it. 

5 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I'm thinking the rank and file of Russian War criminals are about as mentally astute as the dipshits who stormed the US Capitol.

They probably don't think they did anything wrong because they were following the orders of their dear leader. 

They will be easy to find. 

They'll be easier to find, for sure.  But the ones who started this shit and gave those orders will never answer for their transgressions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Germany was also conquered which makes it possible to arrest and put war crime perpetrators on trial. The best case scenario for Ukraine would be to kick out the Russian army from all occupied territories. The Russians may withdrawal but they are not going to be conquered, they'll just scurry back across the border like rats.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Fucking Hell

Clearly this is a scary proposition but since they lie so much and so blatantly (oh, this is about nazis... we're liberators... we're not going to attack... we're not bombing civilians) I am assuming this is another lie.  

Fingers crossed?

31 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

UKR has already said they know who the perpetrators are and they're going to hunt them down like the Mossad.  In this day and age, and with the blatant gaul we've seen from the Russians, lots of breadcrumbs were laid.  There's going to be a Ukrainian Simon Wiesenthal.  Or many.  

9 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

we'll get some fun adolph eichmann hunts out of this though, which is nice.

IIRC Ukraine has already said they are going to do some Mossad-style manhunts. 

28 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I've said it once and I'll say it again. 

This woman.  This woman is my kind of woman.

She's hot and is the daughter of the former PM. Her family (on her father's side) has deep roots in the history of Estonia. 

And Kallas probably HATES Russia since her mother was one of those deported from Estonia to Siberia when she was 6 months old (see: Soviet deportations from Estonia). Bet mama had some choice words about Russians that shaped her view of the country.

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

They'll be easier to find, for sure.  But the ones who started this shit and gave those orders will never answer for their transgressions. 

This may be true.  Unless we're willing to go to Moscow, and I don't think the West has any stomach for that, the top folks will probably get away with it if they don't get offed visiting the front.

That said, I can always hope to read the headline about how Putin died because he licked a poisonous toad.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

UKR has already said they know who the perpetrators are and they're going to hunt them down like the Mossad.  In this day and age, and with the blatant gaul we've seen from the Russians, lots of breadcrumbs were laid.  There's going to be a Ukrainian Simon Wiesenthal.  Or many.  

Hadn't read that...good and I hope they're twice as brutal.  

3 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

This may be true.  Unless we're willing to go to Moscow, and I don't think the West has any stomach for that, the top folks will probably get away with it if they don't get offed visiting the front.

That said, I can always hope to read the headline about how Putin died because he licked a poisonous toad.  

I'd expect Putin to purge some of them in order to cover his ass. 

15 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I really hope you're right.  I'll believe it when I see it. 

Unless you join the Ukraine version of Mossad, you won't see it.

You may read about it occasionally where a high profile war criminal had an "accident." It will happen. It allways does. 

image.thumb.jpeg.bc11072d5ad786a4a68b4bcbd3f00948.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Mucch like the Israelis after 1947, one of the less mentioned aspects of this conflict is after the dust settles, Ukraine will likely have one of the best trained and armed military’s in the world, regardless of their NATO status. They are now on a path to be the dominant military force in the Caucuses for decades

Only as long as western money and supplies keep rolling in.

Once this war is over, the West will likely have to focus money to Ukraine on rebuilding it. I am not sure the constituents in the Western countries will be ready to not only have funded the Ukrainian War, and then rebuild their country and then completely fund re-arming them.

Just now, Orange&White said:

Only as long as western money and supplies keep rolling in.

Once this war is over, the West will likely have to focus money to Ukraine on rebuilding it. I am not sure the constituents in the Western countries will be ready to not only have funded the Ukrainian War, and then rebuild their country and then completely fund re-arming them.

As long as it shakes out that Europe buys it’s oil and gas from them, they will have the money to spend on nato arms. The rebuild will be a community effort financially, but a singular project with an end and some sort of budget, so countries can choose how much money to give over how much time for that effort and it can all be scoped and designed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-05-12-22/h_1ef3ce5684f0709af2506fb94e1271ee

Finland "must be aware of the responsibility and consequences" of joining NATO, Russia's foreign ministry said in a statement Thursday, adding that Russia "will be forced" to take retaliatory steps if the country joins the alliance.  

“The statement by Finnish President S. Niinistö and Finnish Prime Minister S. Marin, who spoke today in favor of Finland joining NATO, is a radical change in the country's foreign policy," the Russian foreign ministry said, adding "Helsinki must be aware of the responsibility and consequences of such a move."

Finland's possible accession to NATO would cause serious damage to bilateral Russian-Finnish relations, which are maintaining stability and security in the Northern European region, the ministry said. 

"Russia will be forced to take retaliatory steps, both of a military-technical and other nature, in order to stop the threats to its national security that arise in this regard," it said. 

"Joining NATO will also be a direct violation of Finland's international legal obligations, primarily the Paris Peace Treaty of 1947 and the 1992 Treaty between Russia and Finland on the fundamentals of relations,” Russia's foreign ministry said. 

Finland shares an 800-mile border with Russia.

The second best military in Ukraine threatening potentially the toughest military in Northern Europe that just signed a defense pact with the United Kingdom.

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

• Like 1