Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

6 minutes ago, Pods said:

Additionally, because of their turret pop-design flaw, the vast majority of those tank crews are dead and difficult to replace. 

Oh that's not really a problem. They don't have any more working tanks to crew.

• Hook 'Em 1

For the book nerds.

US delegation today actually walked around Kyiv.  I'm surprised Russia didn't pop off a few missiles at Kyiv, given that they are ramping up the anti-US messaging.

Then again, there are now dozens of re-opened embassies in Kyiv, so maybe that's a bit of a buffer.

• Hook 'Em 6

Some brief glimpses of DIY drones being used in Myanmar - similar setups in Ukraine, which is why you will see the mortars/grenades swinging into the view of the camera when the drone stops and the operator prepares to drop the munition.

Those appears to be DIY firing pins/fuses/etc., and I'd be nervous as hell to be handling those.

Feels like we will find out that the artillery we sent over was used heavily around Kharkiv.  It's use in that area been mentioned here and there, but this major defeat of the Russians makes me think a lot of it was concentrated around Kharkiv.  

If that's the case, and it changed the game that much around Kharkiv, they now have a lot of actual combat experience with that arty, and yeah, the Russians will ramp up their anti-American rhetoric, because it has a better range than a lot of the Russian stuff, and the Russians have got to be low on MLRS munitions.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Feels like we will find out that the artillery we sent over was used heavily around Kharkiv.  It's use in that area been mentioned here and there, but this major defeat of the Russians makes me think a lot of it was concentrated around Kharkiv.  

If that's the case, and it changed the game that much around Kharkiv, they now have a lot of actual combat experience with that arty, and yeah, the Russians will ramp up their anti-American rhetoric, because it has a better range than a lot of the Russian stuff, and the Russians have got to be low on MLRS munitions.

Definitely looks like it. Likely contributed to the BTG they wiped out at the river crossing. Orcs probably thought they were in the clear from artillery for another few KM at least. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pods said:

Definitely looks like it. Likely contributed to the BTG they wiped out at the river crossing. Orcs probably thought they were in the clear from artillery for another few KM at least. 

Also read Ukrainian air strikes where a part of it. Which is still blows my mind even after ~80 days. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Ivan is going to be REALLY unhappy when we open the new US Black Sea Fleet base at Sevastopol.

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

10% still seems really bad for The World's Best Military Superpower!

Plus, Russians will probably automatically at least double that percentage based on their experience with the Russian government.

I wonder if those bloggers are somehow able to remain anonymous because that seems like a grounds for arresting them.

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

10% still seems really bad for The World's Best Military Superpower!

Plus, Russians will probably automatically at least double that percentage based on their experience with the Russian government.

I wonder if those bloggers are somehow able to remain anonymous because that seems like a grounds for arresting them.

Literal decimation...and they are saying that like it's a good thing. Fucking wow. 

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

I haven’t heard of a “milblogger” until today.

Interesting quote from TFA (emphasis mine):

The effects of this change in tone and discourse by these milbloggers are uncertain but could be potent. People living under tightly censored regimes often trust individuals who seem to be independent of but generally aligned with the government more than the government line (even more than do citizens of democratic societies). The commentary by these widely read milbloggers may fuel burgeoning doubts in Russia about Russia’s prospects in this war and the competence of Russia’s military leaders (at least).

And lastly:

Immediate items to watch

• Russian forces will likely complete their withdrawal from the vicinity of Kharkiv City but attempt to hold a line west of Vovchansk to defend their GLOCs from Belgorod to Izyum. It is unclear if they will succeed.
  • The Russians will continue efforts to encircle Severodonetsk and Lysychansk at least from the south, possibly by focusing on cutting off the last highway connecting Severodonetsk-Lysychansk with the rest of Ukraine.
  • A Ukrainian counteroffensive around Izyum will likely begin soon.
  • The Battle of Mariupol will, apparently and surprisingly, continue.

Slava Ukraini.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

He's got the rhythm stomp down. Good growly voice. Writing all over the guitar.

Approved.

According to the Twitter link these are the lyrics. Can any of our regional experts chime in? 

Evrything will be all right

I remember the time when the world just began
He who could raise himself up did so and went on
Walked up the mountain high, took with him his hope as strong as love...

Chorus:
Everything will be all right
For everyone of us
Our time will come

I saw that the destinies and beacons around us
Have changed the world more and more
And we rise higher and higher, for the heavens look different from the valley.
And something leads me on my path.

Chorus:
For everyone of us
Our time will come

And look, we're nearly where the snow and cold are
And our loneliness is near
Desires as strong as love will help us to arrive
And all the heights will be ours.
https://lyricstranslate.com
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

No idea what he is singing, but I feel like nuclear power plants should not look like they are still in the 1980s (even if it is Chornobyl).

Holy straight out of a time capsule! Look at the monitor. All thats missing is the scientists should be wearing those big framed glasses from the 80's and woven ties.

cb48850f1e06ec265da7af7e198fe4c33939e145

52 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

According to the Twitter link these are the lyrics. Can any of our regional experts chime in? 

Evrything will be all right

I remember the time when the world just began
He who could raise himself up did so and went on
Walked up the mountain high, took with him his hope as strong as love...

Chorus:
For everyone of us
Our time will come

I saw that the destinies and beacons around us
Have changed the world more and more
And we rise higher and higher, for the heavens look different from the valley.
And something leads me on my path.

Chorus:
For everyone of us
Our time will come

And look, we're nearly where the snow and cold are
And our loneliness is near
Desires as strong as love will help us to arrive
And all the heights will be ours.
https://lyricstranslate.com

Sing it muthafuckahhh!!!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

They are a solid system. 

Would need to find ammo for a -74 like that somehow though.  Wasn't e: (wtf it just submitted) some company moving production here?  Would have been Russian though, so I wonder if that will ever go through after this dumpster fire.

Edited by MadBurgerMaker

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Not sure, but they are hard to find. We had them on Security Teams in Peru and Afghanistan. Fun to fire and reliable. But right now if I had one I would send it to the UA.  They need them and I don't. 

Hell, they've essentially got a supply line directly from Russia at this point.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

I have a drone I would be happy to send if I had a good link up. All my contacts pulled back to Poland to do evacuation support. 

And I am sure they would love 1 more. 

I'm sure they would, but then again the more people who can get away from these psychopaths the better. 

• Hook 'Em 1