Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

I’ve shared stuff from this man before. Decades of experience in international affairs and multiple personal interactions with Putin. He anticipates Putin calling a ceasefire and regrouping for new push in a year or so. 

If that happens, and the conflict dies down I think the west clearly needs to take measures to bring oil supply to market and prices down. I know sanctions are meant to hurt him but they’re elevating prices. That’s how he’s funding this war effort. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

If that happens, and the conflict dies down I think the west clearly needs to take measures to bring oil supply to market and prices down. I know sanctions are meant to hurt him but they’re elevating prices. That’s how he’s funding this war effort. 

handshake thinks GIF

yes, hurt the russians by buying their gas again to lower prices by giving them money for their oil! ITS BRILLIANT!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Just now, Captainant said:

handshake thinks GIF

yes, hurt the russians by buying their gas again to lower prices by giving them money for their oil! ITS BRILLIANT!

I said bringing more supply from western markets. I didn’t say anything about buying from Putin.

The higher oil goes the more western societies get disrupted via inflation. He’s counting on that. But he has a strong grip on his nation through propaganda so it’s not destabilIzing his country as much as we’d like. He just reaps the benefits of record oil prices towards his war effort. Their oil will get sold somewhere. 

It makes sense to do what we can to increase supply where we can to dampen prices. Can you explain where that’s wrong?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I said bringing more supply from western markets. I didn’t say anything about buying from Putin.

The higher oil goes the more western societies get disrupted via inflation. He’s counting on that. But he has a strong grip on his nation through propaganda so it’s not destabilIzing his country as much as we’d like. He just reaps the benefits of record oil prices towards his war effort. Their oil will get sold somewhere. 

It makes sense to do what we can to increase supply where we can to dampen prices. Can you explain where that’s wrong?

Outside of the Canadian tar sands, no one is really in a hurry to ramp up production. O&G producers are happy to take advantage of high prices. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I’ve shared stuff from this man before. Decades of experience in international affairs and multiple personal interactions with Putin. He anticipates Putin calling a ceasefire and regrouping for new push in a year or so. 

That's why a ceasefire must not happen.  There is only one way to defeat Russia militarily: destroy the Russian military.  If you leave Putin with material military resources, he will eventually use them in another year or two.  So.....don't do that.  Deplete all of his trained troops.  Destroy his frontline equipment.  Leave Russia incapable of waging any material combat for years.

There's one thing that's very right in there -- this greater conflict will take years.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On the one hand, it's The Mirror.  On the other hand, the video comes from a pro-Russian telegram account

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/starving-russian-commander-says-vladimir-27142522

A Russian commander was filmed complaining about being thrown to the slaughter fighting against Ukrainian forces with no food, equipment or medicine. The shocking video captures the Russian military commander of the Donetsk Republic's 113th regiment reading off a notepad of some kind as he makes the speech. His revelations paint a grim picture about the state of some of Vladimir Putin's troops fighting in the east of Ukraine. 

In the video, released by a pro-Russian telegram channel, he stands in front of his battle weary soldiers, who are armed. He reveals how they have been fighting on the front in the Kherson region “in hunger and cold” with no medicine or proper weapons.

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That's why a ceasefire must not happen.  There is only one way to defeat Russia militarily: destroy the Russian military.  If you leave Putin with material military resources, he will eventually use them in another year or two.  So.....don't do that.  Deplete all of his trained troops.  Destroy his frontline equipment.  Leave Russia incapable of waging any material combat for years.

There's one thing that's very right in there -- this greater conflict will take years.

You’ll destroy the Russian military the fastest if you deplete their funding source. Since the Ukraine war is a top national security issue, we should be doing whatever we can to hurt their revenue streams. Wherever we can most quickly increase oil/gas supply or get our allies to do so, we should be pursuing it aggressively. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

You’ll destroy the Russian military the fastest if you deplete their funding source. Since the Ukraine war is a top national security issue, we should be doing whatever we can to hurt their revenue streams. Wherever we can most quickly increase oil/gas supply or get our allies to do so, we should be pursuing it aggressively. 

Manpower.   Deplete Russian manpower.  Reduce their ability to occupy or even control areas - the lack of manpower is not only making it difficult for Russia to actually occupy areas and keep those areas fully secure, but even just to control those areas as well.

They are nearing the point of collapse as it is in a few areas - they can't push into one area without giving up ground in another area, and Ukraine is taking advantage of that and manipulating Russian commanders as  a result.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Manpower.   Deplete Russian manpower.  Reduce their ability to occupy or even control areas - the lack of manpower is not only making it difficult for Russia to actually occupy areas and keep those areas fully secure, but even just to control those areas as well.

They are nearing the point of collapse as it is in a few areas - they can't push into one area without giving up ground in another area, and Ukraine is taking advantage of that and manipulating Russian commanders as  a result.

If the Russians are really being pushed out of Severodonetsk then their offensive is done. Ukraine will be able to pick and choose where to counter attack and there's little Russia will be able to do about it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Just fucking brutal.  Giving the daughter (who will end up being raised by some fat middle-aged American that her mom meets online) this award for her dad dying in such a sparse/empty setting.

"On June 2, the Russian Ambassador to South Ossetia, M.M.Kulakhmetov, presented the family of senior sergeant 4RVB I.M.Kortiev with the Order of Courage, which he was awarded posthumously. I.M. Kortiev died during a special operation in Ukraine. M.M. Kulakhmetov handed over the award to the daughter of a serviceman.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

They might even welcome it, since the puppets in Moscow would all of the sudden have some skin in the game.  Pretty easy for them to talk about how Russian soldiers need to march on Berlin or London when they can't even march into Kharkiv.

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So they can't even take Kyiv, and they want to move on to Berlin, London, and Washington?

And he's upset and almost wailing about our "shitty weapons" but if those weapons are so shitty, then what is helping to send Russian boys home in bodybags?

Thoughts and prayers?

• Haha 1

What a load of pie-in-the-sky “energy independence” bullshit we’ve been hearing since 1974 (and gee, we still haven’t “crippled those dirty sheiks” yet). Even with a moon-shot effort, it would take YEARS to flood the market with enough oil to bankrupt Russia….and we’d STILL need the KSA to get on board, as their production shifts alone can have a massive impact on supply and price, no matter what the rest of us do.
Europe needs to wean itself off of Russian gas, but that’s not just to take money away from Russia - it’s to remove leverage.
To beat Russia right now, the path is straight: destroy its capacity to fight a war. We do that by killing as many Russian soldiers as possible.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

To beat Russia right now, the path is straight: destroy its capacity to fight a war. We do that by killing as many Russian soldiers as possible.

And convincing the Russian people that a repeat means even more unbearable pain for them.  They have to be defeated and KNOW that they've been defeated.  That doesn't mean draconian measures ala the Treaty of Versailles at the end of WWI, just a convincing defeat. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

41 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

And convincing the Russian people that a repeat means even more unbearable pain for them.  They have to be defeated and KNOW that they've been defeated.  That doesn't mean draconian measures ala the Treaty of Versailles at the end of WWI, just a convincing defeat. 

And if the demographic indicators out of Russia are true, if the Ukrainians can kill enough young Russian men, as well as take out Russia's top-tier equipment that they can't replace, then it's not even about convincing the Russian people they've been defeated - it would be a matter of forcing Russian leadership to have to make a decision between trying to keep their economy going on the backs of those young men (factories and everything else that you normally funnel young men into) or gutting their economy to take those young men and put them in the military.

Because they are reaching a point where every young man in the military means their overall economy will suffer a bit.

• Hook 'Em 1

I read a book once that said, as a general rule, a country with a modern industrial economy cannot continue to function economically for more than a year or two if they put more than 17% of their military age (16 to 40) men into a war effort.  There have been exceptions in history, but they are in countries that had a higher percentage of agricultural production in their economies, and they always suffered prolonged economic problems, like the South after the Civil War.  Between battlefield casualties, occupation forces, and the exodus of young people at the beginning of the war, I wouldn't be surprised if Russia was already bumping up toward that limit.  Get them past that and they start having to make tough choices for long term results.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, bolverk said:

Dumb question amnesty: I've never personally known someone going through an active treatment for cancer. Does their hair always fall out? If so, it seems that Putin's may have thinned some, but he's obviously not fully bald. That then raises the question for my dumbass as to whether he's actually seeking treatment.

I did not lose one hair through my chemo treatment.  Nerve damage? Yes.  Hair loss? Not. A. Single. Hair. 

• Like 5

I did not lose one hair through my chemo treatment.  Nerve damage? Yes.  Hair loss? Not. A. Single. Hair. 
I hope you kicked Cancer's ass and we defeat Florida in a National Title Game Soon.

Counter point, everyone I've know to have cancer, lost all or most of thier hair. Luckily it's been a minute since a homie got that call.

Those state media show hosts/Putin mouth pieces are acting like panicked rats. Their entire life is crumbling before their eyes. All that’s left for them is nuclear war, they want the world destroyed since theirs is fucked already. Fuck em.

• Like 1