Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 hours ago, texastough said:

Re: Russian citizens being moved into Ukraine, what are the odds the Russian military bombs, tortures, rapes and/or executes some of them?

It's the perfect combination of human shields and a pseudo-false flag.  "We've got to conduct special military operation in Ukraine to protect Russian-speaking citizens and Russian heritage, and hey, since we moved Russians into Ukraine, now we have to protect Russians!"  Would also make the Ukrainians somewhat wary of shelling those areas.

Or there is a distinct possibility Putin has ordered the families of Russian soldiers to be moved into Ukraine, which might cause the Russians to fight harder.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

SSO Azov destroyed MI-35M racists in the Zaporozhye region.

Ive rewatched, paused, and rewatched this at least 6 times, what the fuck hit this helo?

theres no missile smoke trail, or anything that resembles an anti-aircraft device. Did someone pop it with a fucking Barrett .50?

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Ive rewatched, paused, and rewatched this at least 6 times, what the fuck hit this helo?

theres no missile smoke trail, or anything that resembles an anti-aircraft device. Did someone pop it with a fucking Barrett .50?

Thanks, because now I'm looking for shadows on the grassy knoll.  Back and to the left.

15 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Could be this - the munitions are small and doing Mach 4:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starstreak

It is also known as Starstreak HVM (High Velocity Missile). After launch, the missile accelerates to more than Mach 4,[4][3] making it the fastest short-range surface-to-air missile in existence. It then launches three laser beam-riding submunitions, increasing the likelihood of a successful hit on the target. 

It's a fairly small but fast-as-hell missile

640px-CJOAX_fires_150417-A-BG594-015.jpg

Check out the size of the submunitions

1024px-Starstreak.JPG

@MillerEP that's interesting that they think around 330,000 troops have been deployed against Ukraine.  Russia only has around 280,000 active duty troops in the ground forces, and that includes a substantial amount of conscripts (over 100,000).

But like that Perun video mentioned, they've had to boost that with poorly-trained/equipped militias from Russian-controlled areas of Crimea/Donbas/etc.. (the ones toting Mosin–Nagants, etc.), as well as Russian Naval Infantry and Air Force VDV airborne troops.

If the number is that high, they definitely do not have any more active-duty units to throw into the fight outside of conscripts, which explains why they are ransacking the training battalions and why they are pleading with ex-military and reservists to sign contracts.

Also, if the number is that high, that still means that nearly a third of the troops are casualties -  we know at least 25,000 have been killed (probably more), which means another 60,000-80,000 wounded.

That is one helluva shit sandwich that the Russians have chowed down on.  Putin is going to have to mobilize the civilian population soon.  That's going to be an awesome feeling for the Russians who have been hearing that things are proceeding as planned for the last three months on Russian state TV.

50 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Supposedly it was shot down by the Territorial Defense Forces, and they used an IGLA MANPAD. I did the same thing you did, slowed it down, rewatched, paused and resumed, etc. and I think I see if slamming into the top and coming from behind the helo, you can see a brief flash at around the 0:12-0:14 mark of the video midway between the edge and the helo. 

edit: grazinhorn beat me

Edited by MillerEP

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

@MillerEP that's interesting that they think around 330,000 troops have been deployed against Ukraine.  Russia only has around 280,000 active duty troops in the ground forces, and that includes a substantial amount of conscripts (over 100,000).

But like that Perun video mentioned, they've had to boost that with poorly-trained/equipped militias from Russian-controlled areas of Crimea/Donbas/etc.. (the ones toting Mosin–Nagants, etc.), as well as Russian Naval Infantry and Air Force VDV airborne troops.

If the number is that high, they definitely do not have any more active-duty units to throw into the fight outside of conscripts, which explains why they are ransacking the training battalions and why they are pleading with ex-military and reservists to sign contracts.

Also, if the number is that high, that still means that nearly a third of the troops are casualties -  we know at least 25,000 have been killed (probably more), which means another 60,000-80,000 wounded.

That is one helluva shit sandwich that the Russians have chowed down on.  Putin is going to have to mobilize the civilian population soon.  That's going to be an awesome feeling for the Russians who have been hearing that things are proceeding as planned for the last three months on Russian state TV.

Don't forget the Chechens. I never saw a solid number of how many deployed, but we do know they were active. 

52 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

At 14s streaking in from left and after hit it carries on past helo 

image.jpeg.1a64ee8f9e88498f94750b066a60b770.jpeg

Edited by davidg
beat me to it

1 minute ago, MillerEP said:

Supposedly it was shot down by the Territorial Defense Forces, and they used an IGLA MANPAD. I did the same thing you did, slowed it down, rewatched, paused and resumed, etc. and I think I see if slamming into the top and coming from behind the helo, you can see a brief flash at around the 0:12-0:14 mark of the video midway between the edge and the helo. 

edit: grazinhorn beat me

I think we were all doing the same thing trying to figure out wtf hit it.  Super fast coming in, damn.

31 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Don't forget the Chechens. I never saw a solid number of how many deployed, but we do know they were active. 

high quality GIF

I mean they did slaughter a bunch of traffic lights but should we really count them in the Russian totals?

• Hook 'Em 1

Not while they are still trying to take the Donbas pocket. But, I think that will just hasten the end of the war. The Rascists should have been on the defensive long ago to preserve combat force.
Re: Russian citizens being moved into Ukraine, what are the odds the Russian military bombs, tortures, rapes and/or executes some of them?

Read the Russians being moved in are the soldiers families. It’s a force you to fight to your death for your family’s protection move.

This is big.  Rosgvardia reports directly to Putin, and is the "National Guard" of Russia, but it's not like say the US Army National Guard - it's Russia's internal police force, so more about guarding the government than the nation.

Basically, imagine the US asking FBI agents, US Marshals, etc. to go through 3 weeks of training and then deploy into a combat zone for 3 months.

FVZVEquWQAEQJEq?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

Really great article from the guys who predicted Russia's logistics problems last fall.

STRANGE DEBACLE: MISADVENTURES IN ASSESSING RUSSIAN MILITARY POWER

Russia’s botched invasion of Ukraine has befuddled most defense analysts and Russia experts. They expected Russia’s larger and better-equipped forces would quickly dispatch Ukraine’s military and force its government to surrender. Instead, Ukrainian resilience has bested Russian incompetence, creating an initial Ukrainian upset that has now settled into brutal, attritional combat in the Donbas. After over 100 days of the most intense combat Europe has seen in decades, the outcome remains very much in doubt.

I recently appeared on an episode of the War on the Rocks podcast along with two Russia experts — Michael Kofman and Dara Massicot — and military historian Gian Gentile to discuss how analysts misjudged Russia’s armed forces and their invasion of Ukraine. Several themes emerged from the discussion, including the difficulty of predicting combat performance, the corruption and “gun-decking” (falsification of reports) within the Russian armed forces, and the lunacy of the initial Russian war plan, which didn’t reflect their military strategy, doctrine, exercises, or past operations, or even basic military principles like having a single commander.

https://warontherocks.com/2022/06/strange-debacle-misadventures-in-assessing-russian-military-power/

Probably not a good time to be doing this.  Saw this on a few sites, but The Sun (yeah, I know) had an actual map/photo.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18904800/mystery-plane-crosses-six-nato-countries-triggers-army-jets/

KH-COMP-PLANE-RIDDLE.jpg?w=1320

The suspicious two-seater was spotted by Hungarian and Romanian Air Forces flying through their airspace and over Poland, Slovakia and Serbiabefore landing in Bulgaria.  The mystery plane is believed to have taken off from Lithuania and landed in an abandoned airfield in Targovishte, Bulgaria, according to media outlet Euractiv.

Fighter jets including USAF F-16s, two Romanian F-16s and two Hungarian Gripens were scrambled and tracked the 60-year-old two seater's journey after it failed to respond to radio transmissions.

The small Beechcraft plane reportedly landed in a small airport in Debrecen, Hungary, where a group of people got off to refuel before taking off again and narrowly escaping police.

Animated GIF

Bulgarian authorities have launched an investigation into what happened after the pilot and crew vanished after landing at Targovishte Airport, leaving the plane's engine still warm, according to reports. The airport has been left unused for years and is now reportedly used for agricultural purposes, according to reports.

Bulgarian Ministry of Defence official Dragomir Zakov said the aircraft entered his country’s airspace in the evening of June 8. He is reported to have said: "At no time was the plane a threat to civilian or military infrastructure in Bulgaria.  "It flew at low altitudes, which made difficult the interception for fighter jets, but it was monitored all the time. "The Ministry of Defense is taking the appropriate actions to establish the circumstances."

53 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Probably not a good time to be doing this.  Saw this on a few sites, but The Sun (yeah, I know) had an actual map/photo.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18904800/mystery-plane-crosses-six-nato-countries-triggers-army-jets/

KH-COMP-PLANE-RIDDLE.jpg?w=1320

Animated GIF

Smuggling out Putin's dog? Mistress? Oligarch making a run for it? 

Odd as shit. Not known as a good drug running route. Now this flight going from Colombia to Honduras to Arkansas, yeah, we all can guess the reason. 

3 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Yeah, building a UAF SU-25. And love the picture of Putin. Nothing screams bad ass dictator than a picture like that. At one time I had a wall of assholes. Dictator pictures I collected around places. Had Ortega, Khadaffi, Tito, Milosevic, Castro and Giap. Never had a Russian one. Guess I can print em out on my Kodak picture printer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

That was fucking nuts at the end when the guy ran down the stairs and the Russians shot up the area right behind him.

A friend whose brother is in the foreign legion was telling me there are a shitload more Americans fighting for Ukraine than people realize.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1